King Papi!

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 11:53 am
Do mythical creatures exist? Last night when Ortiz, in his first at-bat, did some mythmaking, hitting his 51st home run of the season, breaking the club record set in 1938 by Jimmie Foxx, a Hall of Famer. Boston's designated hitter added his own coda to this historic night by hitting another home run, No. 52, in his last at-bat. One of only 10 players in the 105-year history of the American League to hit as many as 52 home runs in a season.

After Boston's win, the amiable Ortiz posed for pictures and bantered with the fans who gave the balls back, knowing the slugger might auction them off to raise money for children's programs, just as he's doing with the ball he hit one night earlier for his 50th homer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 753 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 12:39 pm
i think its safe to say its a legit 52... unless mango salsa is considered a performance enhancer...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 12:42 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
i think its safe to say its a legit 52... unless mango salsa is considered a performance enhancer...

Well looking at his body - it is hard to imagine that he uses steriods.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 07:55 am
haha, I agree - I'm a big Boston fan. I mean look at Giambi during his 'roid period and Ortiz - big difference there. Manny and Ortiz are just gifted athletes.
0 Replies