Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and go
You come and go
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
Red, gold and green
Red, gold and green
Eorl

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 11:23 pm
I don't think Karma exists, but I do think it's natural to look for connections between good things we do and rewards....and between bad things we do and punishment. The less actual connection (but more symbolism) between the events, the more we tend to connect the events and call it Karma.

eg...Hey I just won 50 yuan...(searches through memory for a reason why he deserves it)......why, just this morning I gave a beggar 5 yuan !

Ask yourself this: if there really was no such thing as Karma, would we still invent the concept?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 03:17 pm
Strange to say that karma doesn't exist. Karma is not a thing or a mystical force. It is not about the relation good thing- reward, bad thing- punishment.

If you kill a person, steal something, cheat, lie and so on, it will define who you are and how you react to things in the future.

The same is true of 'good' deeds.

Things we do define how we relate to the world in the future, and bad karma will lead a person to continue to relate to the world in bad way.
0 Replies

Ruthnaomi

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:42 am
karma stories
My friend was teasing his dog one time with this sparking toy and the dog was disturbed by it, barking and growling. My friend thought it was great fun. Within a minute my friend leaned back on the stovetop and microwave and the consequence was he took 110 volts. Karma? Definitely!
p.s. he survived and learned a life changing lesson
0 Replies

bbrummbubu

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 07:12 am
@Arthur,
i got into trouble for doing bad **** at school all day i was thinking about karma all day then i turned tv on and the show that was on was "my name is earl" that's a show all about karma and im like no way!, i left the tv and come back about 30 mins later as i turned it on i thought to myself give me one more sign that karma exists and i tuned it on and it was the tv show "scrubs" and the dark skinned lady on that show was named karma i was so shocked.
0 Replies

Kissakala123

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:27 am
Hello this is my Karma story

I were school at normaly than i saw that guy who teased me all the time but i belive in karma and tough i wont say anything bad for him karma will punish him i didnt saw him couple of days so i asked one on him friends Where is he? he told me that he slipped on the stairs and broked both legs and he wont come school anymore because hes also moving away from here Smile Karma helped me many years i have been pushed but now Karma helped me and bad had his lesson.

Boy in Finland.
0 Replies

emily123

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
@Arthur,
yes , i believe if you do something bad, it will come back on you.
but if you do something good , they'll be a reward.
my parents split up. my mumcheated on my dad
she now doesnt have a very good life.
but my dad, has a brilliant life, i believe that's sort of karma.
i also belive in reancarnation. it's scary because every morning i'd wake up , and there'd be a little robbin waiting outside. i recognised it somehow but idont understand how. a previous person i'd met?
i'vebeen through alot but asking for help from god hasreally worked. it may sound silly ,and im not even a religious person.
But gods helped me alot.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:29 pm
@Setanta,
I just hope Karma is real or I just saved a trespassing mouse's life for not. Shocked

As I was checking up on my dinner which is now presently cooking... and who do I find? A little Queens Borough mouse who got her or himself stuck in the sink.

I was going to find something to kill him or her with but dropped that thought after only 2 or 3 seconds. I then put on a heavy kitchen glove and then grabbed the mouse by the tail. Picked her or him up then walked to the street and let her or him go run down into the storm drain.

Will this action lead to a transaction of good karma into my karma savings account? Not sure. What do you guys think?
djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:33 pm
my karma ran over my dogma
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:37 pm
@djjd62,
Ouch! Mad
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
He knows where you live, tsar...I'd keep an eye on the cheese.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 08:17 pm
@Tai Chi,
I'm hoping he'd be more grateful.... Surprised
Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 08:37 pm
@Arthur,
Quote:
Do you believe in Karma?
No
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 08:47 pm
@dyslexia,
No.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 08:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
Maybe he was a god is disguise and will reward you. You can never be too sure about these ancient things, so best to act like they matter.
msolga

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:

Will this action lead to a transaction of good karma into my karma savings account? Not sure. What do you guys think?

Without a doubt, tsar!

Scored yourself a good number of brownie points there!

Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:01 pm
@Green Witch,
Then its probably just as well that I didn't also throw him out of my second floor kitchen window ... (my first instinctual thought that came to me after picking him up by the tail). Razz Smile
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 10:39 pm
Another cosmic test placed on me? Or not?

I went to check my checking balance online to see if my tax refund had been deposited early. To my surprise, I found a deposit of $2500 + in my account. My refund would have been a hair under $1200 dollars.

http://i49.tinypic.com/146ts8.jpg

When I clicked to see the why, I noticed a scanned copy of a deposit slip from a Takashi T.. Apparently the bank clerk misread his checking account number (1 digit away from my checking account) and his deposit went into my checking account. So I called Chase customer service to notify them of this error for which they will rectify ASAP.

For calling this one in, I expect a great deal of karmic points to be deposited in my karmic checking account. Razz
Rockhead

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 10:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
specially if Takashi T. is a ninja type...
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 10:42 pm
@Rockhead,
The least of my worries. I wonder if that would be considered grand theft larceny if I decided to spend that money or use it to pay off my two credit card bills.
0 Replies