Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:06 am
Intrepid wrote:
Not according to the bible

The bible does not address the subject--it simply magically "poofs" into existence the necessary wives for the sons of Adam and Eve. No explanation of the provenance of said wives is given, and a supposition that incest took place is not unwarranted.

This is just one of the many reasons why the bible is justifiably considered--by those who keep an open mind--to be an unreliable document.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:07 am
Ah, so this is all Arella Mae's fault. Her doctines have brought this out.
Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:07 am
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

You still havent explained why Jesus is God and why Adam is not?

And, you have not explained why Adam IS God. It is your thread, after all.

What was it that you didn't understand in the reply?
]

It is our thread but your doctrine. If Jesus is the last Adam and he is considered by your doctrines to be God. Then the conclusion is that Adam is also God.

Did you bother to read my earlier post?

Yes we did. It did not explain anything. Two created beings, One is seen as God the other is not and both are basically the same beings.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:09 am
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

The bible does not address the subject--it simply magically "poofs" into existence the necessary wives for the sons of Adam and Eve. No explanation of the provenance of said wives is given, and a supposition that incest took place is not unwarranted.

This is just one of the many reasons why the bible is justifiably considered--by those who keep an open mind--to be an unreliable document.

Not necessarily unreliable. Maybe not as complete as some naysayers would like.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:10 am
Mindonfire wrote:
Yes we did. It did not explain anything.

We?

You got a f*ckin' mouse in your pocket?

For whom do you allege that you speak other than yourself? Does constituted authority know that there is more than one lunatic of your stripe on the loose?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:11 am
Intrepid wrote:
Ah, so this is all Arella Mae's fault. Her doctines have brought this out.
Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yes it is part of your fault also. You all are unable to clearly explain your own doctrines. Don't throw up a scripture or some verses and call it an explanation. Explain to the people why Jesus is God and Adam is not
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:12 am
dadpad wrote:
Just passing saw the light on and thought I'd drop in

Adam and Eve had 7 sons.

Adam is the father of the human race.

so where did the rest of us come from?

Were Eve and her sons engaged in incest?

They don't understand the concept of One. That is why they think that Adam and Eve were two individual people.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:13 am
Intrepid wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

If you wish to castigate me as a "naysayer," help yourself.

Clown . . .

The fact remains that bible-thumpers (and if that term offends you, it can only be because you consider yourself a bible-thumper) allege that your boy god created all of heaven and earth, and created man and woman. That's not men and women, it's man and woman. Therefore, for the sons of Adam and Eve to have had wives, they either married their own sisters, or they married their sisters who were also their daughers because of incestuous relations with their mother.

That the bible does not address the topic doesn't mean that the problems of exegesis go away. If all of heaven and earth were created by your imaginary friend, and one man and one woman, incest is the only explanation which explains the proliferation of the human race. Get over it.

Not necessarily unreliable. Maybe not as complete as some naysayers would like.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:14 am
Seems to be a problem with quoting. Laughing Are you purposely trying to make it look like I wrote the dribble that you expouse? I see that you constantly refer to me as clown now. At least you aren't using your other nasty words. Thank you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:17 am
Mindonfire wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Adam and Eve had 7 sons.

They don't understand the concept of One. That is why they think that Adam and Eve were two individual people.

Now you are claiming that Adam and Eve were one and the same?????
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:20 am
Intrepid wrote:
Seems to be a problem with quoting. (emoticon removed in the interest of good taste) Are you purposely trying to make it look like I wrote the dribble that you expouse? I see that you constantly refer to me as clown now. At least you aren't using your other nasty words. Thank you.

No, i tried to edit, but you were too quick on the trigger. You misspelled drivel. I use the term clown, because your mental gymnastics in attempting to make the bible look like a serious document are so hilarious.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:20 am
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Adam and Eve had 7 sons.

Exactly as we stated, you do not even understand the concept of One.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:23 am
Mindonfire wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Adam and Eve had 7 sons.

Perhaps, instead of being condescending, you could enlighten me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 08:23 am
Here we go with the "we" **** again. I'll give you some credit, Intrepid--for all your pathetic attempts to justify the bobble, you're not out on the lunatic fringe with this member.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:07 am
It seems reasonable to assume that Adam and Eve, having been created as perfect would produce offspring for whom the genetic consequences of intermarriage would have been less severe. I infer this to be so based on God's command for them to ". . . be fruitful and multiply . . ." (Genesis 1:28)

As far as this Adam/God thing, I am of the opinion that Mindy is merely attempting in his (their?) enigmatic way to demonstrate the absurdity of the trinity doctrine.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:09 am
I'd advise you not to delve too deeply into the psychology of Pantsonfire. You could do yourself an injury.

Coffee?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:11 am
Ah yes.

Good morning, Set.

Mindy is/are a fine piece/s of work, eh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 09:14 am
Yer basic nonesuch . . .
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:46 am
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Adam and Eve had 7 sons.

Perhaps, instead of being condescending, you could enlighten me.

The Bible is a key in itself. You have to read it with the help of the keys.

Here is the concept of One:

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 11:51 am
That's pathetic, even by the low standards of Pantsonfire. That verse in no way supports the idiotic contention that scripture teaches that Adam and Eve were a single individual. It also in no way supports the silly conentions by Pantsonfire about "oneness."
0 Replies