Treya
 
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:27 pm
There are so many things I want to say right now. I'm trying to figure out how to keep this somewhat nice. Somewhat non-offensive. I am very angry right now. I'm not certain exactly why, but honestly I don't really give a flip why. Not right now anyway. I have a few questions for "christians". You see I just got back from dinner and a movie with a friend of mine from work and a couple of her friends from "church". I want to barf. Not because of anything I ate but because of the absolute pompous, arrogant, holier than thou, behavior I just sat through for FOUR FLIPPING HOURS. Dear god I hate social clubs. *sigh*

I want to know:

Why on gods green earth would you want to be joined to people who think they are better than everyone else? WHY?

Why on gods green earth would you call that "God's will"? WHY?

Why on gods green earth would you, being a "christian" who knows the "truth" look down your nose at someone because they don't believe the same as you? WHY?

Why on gods green earth would you think that your "sin" is any less noticable or important than someone elses? WHY?

Why on gods green earth would you see someone who is hurting and struggling in life and think you have the right to condemn them? Judge them? Criticize them? Make fun of them? Talk about them behind their back? Mock them? Treat them as "less" than you? WHY?

Didn't Jesus "cleanse" you from your "sins"?

Didn't Jesus "die" for you?

If you really believe He did it for you why on god's green earth would you not believe He did it for everyone else too and love them the way you say He loved you? WHY?

If you really believe that "God" accepts you as you are why don't you act like it?

Why don't you be who YOU are?

Why do you subject yourself to standards set by other people?

How you should dress...

What you should say...

How you should act...

If "God" is truly "God" and sees and loves you why don't you see and love yourself?

If "God" is truly "God" and has power over all things why are you afraid of the devil?

If Jesus died to set you free from your sins, why are you afraid of sin?

Why are you afraid of those who sin?

Why are you afraid of being "tainted" by them?

Who are you "christians".

Do you really know?

Honestly... do you?

Or have you just molded yourself to fit what "church" society tells you is acceptable?

I don't expect anyone to respond to this. I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,972 • Replies: 50
No top replies

 
echi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:38 pm
So...

What movie did you see?
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:41 pm
You, Me, and Dupree. I give it 1.5 stars. It was only worth the $1.50 I paid to see it. Now "Lady in the water". That at least had a moral to the story! Razz
0 Replies
 
echi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:44 pm
morals... yuck!
0 Replies
 
Merry Andrew
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:48 pm
I don't actually know any Christians. I know a few who claim to be, but, then, I can claim to be from the Planet Trafalmagore and who's to argue? I think the last real Christians were eaten by some lions at the Coliseum in Rome roughly 2,000 years ago.

Forget it, Haphzibah. Claiming to be a Christian is very stylish nowadays, very 'in.' It has nothing to do with real life.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:49 pm
LOL I'll second that yuck at this moment! Morals are a joke. Flippin rediculous. *sigh* However, I would much rather watch a movie that has a story to tell than a movie that really had no specific direction or purpose in mind... Must be the woman in me I guess.... hehehe...
0 Replies
 
echi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:55 pm
Did you ask them much about their religious beliefs? What kind of "Christian" are they?
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 09:56 pm
You know... perhaps I was too quick in saying I didn't expect anyone to respond. I'd really like to have some answers here. I'd really like to know why it is that "christians" think they are so friggin "holy" while they don't really treat anyone any different, act any different, or really live any different than anyone else in this cotton picking world. *sigh* Man... am I aggravated tonight or what??
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 10:00 pm
No echi, I didn't. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. They were too busy talking about the "illicit relationships" within the church, how they wouldn't DARE go see a movie that had "demons" in it, lest satan influence their minds somehow, and how since I had attended their church a few times I ought to know who to stay away from... OH MY FRIGGIN GOD. What a joke.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 10:02 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I don't actually know any Christians. I know a few who claim to be, but, then, I can claim to be from the Planet Trafalmagore and who's to argue? I think the last real Christians were eaten by some lions at the Coliseum in Rome roughly 2,000 years ago.

Forget it, Haphzibah. Claiming to be a Christian is very stylish nowadays, very 'in.' It has nothing to do with real life.


Agreed Merry. No doubt about it.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 10:27 pm
Now.... If you will kindly excuse me I am going out with a friend... who happens to be a guy... to a bar... this late at night... to put away a few cold ones... Problem is I can't decide which dress to wear...

The black one:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/princesshephzibah/blackdress.jpg

Or the Purple one:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/princesshephzibah/purpledress.jpg

*sigh*

What's a heathen chick like me to do?

LOL
0 Replies
 
echi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 11:12 pm
You look good in both. Just go with whichever feels the best. (You're probably already gone, I reckon.) Don't have too mucn fun... sinner.
0 Replies
 
real life
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:14 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
I don't actually know any Christians. I know a few who claim to be, but, then, I can claim to be from the Planet Trafalmagore and who's to argue? I think the last real Christians were eaten by some lions at the Coliseum in Rome roughly 2,000 years ago.

Forget it, Haphzibah. Claiming to be a Christian is very stylish nowadays, very 'in.' It has nothing to do with real life.


Thanks..........I think.

I try not to be stylish or trendy.

But I am a Christian, and was before it became the in thing.

If it ever did, which I doubt.

However I do recall one time when my dad was trying to cheer me up. He pretended to be a cowboy, holding his finger like a gun and making faces.

How funny he was. Taking a stance like in the old westerns, he was very merry & drew.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 01:31 am
Re: Christians
You ask more questions than a yokel like myself can even begin to answer. So, can I pick just one?
hephzibah wrote:
. . .
If "God" is truly "God" and has power over all things why are you afraid of the devil? . . .
Because the world has been given into the hands of Satan for him to 'sift mankind as wheat' (See Luke 22:31)

Jesus reminded his disciples that "Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out." (John 12:31)

God could have destroyed Satan in the Garden of Eden. The reasons why he did not as well as God's plan for our redemption makes the subject of the entire Bible.
0 Replies
 
Merry Andrew
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 05:58 am
real life wrote:

How funny he was. Taking a stance like in the old westerns, he was very merry & drew.


Was your dad ever in the movies? Did he have a 'reel' life?
0 Replies
 
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:16 am
I like the black one. As for your first post.....very good questions and insight. Those women sound like pompous asses who do not, hopefully, reflect what Christians are all about.

Many "Christians" think that they have an in and are a step ahead and a foot above everybody else. Not so. Nobody, has anything ahead and they are not guaranteed a place in heaven any more than anybody else is.

Being a Christian and being a true believer with a hears attitude that would be pleasing to Jesus are not particularly synonymous. Being judgemental is not pleasing to God. They will have to answer for their own sins.

Be happy and enjoy. And, hold your head high. I will pray for them and for you.
0 Replies
 
detano inipo
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:20 am
If all religions would disappear next Thursday, the world would be a better place.
0 Replies
 
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:32 am
detano inipo wrote:
If all religions would disappear next Thursday, the world would be a better place.


Nah, we would still have politics.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:36 am
Intrepid wrote:
detano inipo wrote:
If all religions would disappear next Thursday, the world would be a better place.


Nah, we would still have politics.

The difference between religion and politics and psychiatry is nil.
0 Replies
 
detano inipo
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:37 am
At the root of every war I can think of right now, there is religion.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Christians
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2022 at 05:33:27