THE BRITISH GROUCHY THREAD.

patiodog

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:41 am
low literature, low film, quoted from a memory that is more abstract than photographic wrote:
Being Scottish is shite! A lot of people hate the English. I don't! They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonised by wankers! We can't even find a decent civilization to be colonised by!

It's all right. My grandmother was a MacKenzie...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 09:23 am
spendius wrote:
dwolan-

I would have let you sleep in the stables and in return for mangling a few turnips I would have seen you fed and watered and on your way bright and early. Bushy-tailed even.

What train journey?

I don't think you're being sufficiently grouchy.

Er...some fabulously scenic journey through Edinburgh and way into the Highlands.....with some sort of Firth and mountain things happening...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 09:27 am
Mountains?

Only a damned Aussie would look for mountains in the British isles.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:45 pm
patiodog wrote:
Mountains?

Only a damned Aussie would look for mountains in the British isles.

Ah, go pee on a fire hydrant.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:48 pm
Go bear a litter by a ferret.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:18 pm
The bloody place is full of Jocks again, tartan bushes, red hair goofy teeth and warts!

You'd think we would have maintained that bloody wall wouldn't ya?

Long live the Queen
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:22 pm
patiodog wrote:
Go bear a litter by a ferret.

I take PRECAUTIONS, goddammit.

Whaddayathink I am?

An irresponsible cur like some?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:22 pm
god save the queen
the fascist regime
they made you a moron
potential H-bomb
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 08:37 pm
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/bso0002l.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 09:47 pm
patiodog wrote:
low literature, low film, quoted from a memory that is more abstract than photographic wrote:
Being Scottish is shite! A lot of people hate the English. I don't! They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonised by wankers! We can't even find a decent civilization to be colonised by!

I remember that.. I mean, I know that. Whats it from again?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 07:19 am
[size=7]trainspotting.

i like little letters.[/size]
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 07:45 am
Ah, of course.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 12:02 pm
dwolan wrote-

Quote:
I don't think you're being sufficiently grouchy.

This craptivating British Grouch thread, levitated in pramland on a pile of shoulder-chips, pulled down bottom-lips and grapes gone sour in the slurry tank has enticed into it's magnetic malodourousness a predictable bunch of misanthropes, misogynists, dead beats, dread-logs, dysparpsiacs, thistle-milkers, mangamic brothel sprouts, underpant flashers,rump-feeders and rammadanymannsunwomans all of which sorry crew is badly in need of a Calcutta Rinse.

It is a most melancholy thing indeed to see ladies and gentlemen of otherwise unimpeachable integrity, clothed is soft raiment, lodged in comfortable quarters and endowed with a rich portion of the product of the industry of others, using all the influence of their splendid situation to conscientiously deepen the ignorance and inflame the fury of their fellow threaders. The only thing lacking is a sprinkling of hundreds and thousands, powdered winnets and crystallised muck-tags.

It's up the bloody Treggana in the ski-ing position and skidmattered all to feewk.

It's a disgrace I say, brothers and sisters, to mock the meat upon which one pounces. It's naught but a hanging basket of last year's landchaps.

As His Holiness might say in pidgin Italian- "Zeeze peeples notta know: zey notta know nuttin. Zey eez feewkin stooopid!!"
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 12:19 pm
spendius wrote:
bunch of misanthropes, misogynists, dead beats, dread-logs, dysparpsiacs, thistle-milkers, mangamic brothel sprouts, underpant flashers,rump-feeders and rammadanymannsunwomans all of which sorry crew is badly in need of a Calcutta Rinse.

That's hard to digest! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 12:39 pm
If I ever find the bastard that's been giving Lord Ellpus a hard time I will beat the living **** out of that person.

I stand by my friends here at A2K and if anyone one of them is in trouble.... I've got their back.

You're in good hands, Lord.

I'll find the son of a bitch.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:03 pm
Ellpus started this thread because he was pissed off with Spendy's snide remarks, but he didnt mention the object of his irritation.

Several pages transpired without Sp making an appearance.

Kicky said "who can it be?"

I gave a clue Salammbo

The very next post[/i] was from Sp.

Salammbo as of course everyone knows is a novel by Gustave Flaubert set in ancient Carthage. It features the characters Spendius and his accomplice Matho or Mathos.

On the other Brit thread, when I said openly that the person with username Spendius was also using the name 'Mathos', mathos got very angry and used language clearly in breach of tos. Methinks I'm onto something.

What is the chance of two a2k posters, with similiar if not identical writing styles, using different names from the same novel? Perhaps Mathos and Spendius would care to post simultaneously[/i] on different threads Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:14 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
What is the chance of two a2k posters, with similiar if not identical writing styles, using different names from the same novel? Perhaps Mathos and Spendius would care to post simultaneously[/i] on different threads Laughing

spendius
Mathos

I had the same thought yesterday, Steve 41oo while I was reading the other British thread. I noticed they were both logged in at the bottom of the Forum Index "Who is online" area. I watched for the same thing as a curiosity and saw these two posts come up on the index.

<shrug> I don't know if they are or aren't, but they have posted at the same time on different forums.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:16 pm
JPB wrote:
<shrug> I don't know if they are or aren't, but they have posted at the same time on different forums.

Or, at least within the same minute.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:12 pm
Steve wrote-

Quote:
Perhaps Mathos and Spendius would care to post simultaneously on different threads

Come on Steve. If anybody was trying to fool you they could easy do that with two computers and I have five and I have plenty of pals who have one or more. Piece of cake.

As Mathos and I are not the same person any investigation would presumably show it.

It may be that my username caused Mathos to Google it from whence he would quickly find the name Matho. Not Mathos. Mt Athos is much the most likely explanation as Mathos's literary style, which is poles apart from mine, demonstrates quite clearly to anybody with a GCE pass in English that Mathos has never read a decent book in his life. He's a double-died philistine.

I think there is a possibility that both Mathos and I are habituated to those occupations which provide the for the wealth of the nation and that those who are engaged in spending the wealth thus created see a vaguely similar outlook in our more direct approach. Those making the wealth are subject to disciplines which those spending it in Government run agencies are not. Ellpus did mention dozing at his desk but his pay is not thereby reduced whereas with those in my position it definitely would cease altogether until we recover. They do crosswords and play on computers and such like in Government agencies without the slightest effect on their pay but we unfortunates are not allowed such concessions.

That might be why you detect a similarity. Neither of us whine and whinge and assert what a wonderful job we are doing. I don't anyway.

But, obviously, there is no impediment to your maintaining your fond delusion and it makes no difference to me if you, or anybody else, is determined to keep it up for the next ten years if you so wish. Or even longer. It would be no problem to supply the facts if ever it became necessary for any reason.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:35 pm
Your summing it up quite well oink, even if you are getting away for the moment with some innocuous swipes at me!

Having read some of their childlike requests for instant response on different threads, I realised how pathetically insignificant it all is. They're thick, there is no other explanation for it, totally bloody thick.
0 Replies