I cant wait till the Borat movie comes here...

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 03:06 pm
I'm going to see it in about 1/2 hour.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:53 am
What did you think?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 02:26 am
I thought it was hilarious. I was laughing so hard from the opening sequence, I didn't think I was gonna make it through the whole movie without getting thrown out-but I love silly stuff like this.

I don't know what to think about the racial stuff. I know he's Jewish, and maybe Alan Keyes was in on the joke, so I don't know...but those were the only two parts where noone in the audience laughed.

It's really more about what a surprisingly large number of Americans, at least among those he encountered, are pretty much ignorant on every level. So if you're American, you have to able to laugh at yourself to enjoy it.

Don't bring kids!!! My daughter is l4 and a half. The movie in Britain is rated 15, so I though, what the hell, we like laughing together, she's got a pretty mature sense of humor, I'll bring her.
It was all fine until one scene where let's put it this way, I saw certain parts of a man's anatomy on a man with a certain type of anatomy that even scared me. I just hope it didn't scare her off men for life...
Anyway -I got a lot of laughs out of it, though I do think it started off really strong and kind of wound down towards the end.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:51 am
Waa waa wee waa!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:53 am
Hopefully gona see it this week, I could do with a laugh.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:01 am
Erlan Idrissov, Kazakhstan's ambassador to Great Britain, on how the country will weather the "Borat" storm: "Having survived Stalin we will certainly survive Borat." (Editor & Publisher)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:24 pm
Absolutely hilarious.
0 Replies