Car insurance and other auto coverage.

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:27 pm
Several years ago we traveled 5-6 weeks in Europe with our kids. We bought a Jetta diesel for pickup in Germany. The car was broken into in Germany. The thieves took the camera, lenses, etc. They took my daughter's books, etc.

A couple months after we returned, I was having lunch with some friends and told them about the breakin and theft. Jack asked whether I had applied to my home owner's insurance to cover the theft.
Right, sure Jack, aha, my foot. Well, fortunately Jack was right.
The homeowner's insurance did in fact cover every bit of the loss - full replacement of the camera and equipment, books, suit cases, etc.

Moral of the story? Always have a friend named Jack.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,158 • Replies: 5
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:39 pm
<grin>

I gotta get me one f those Jacks.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:45 pm
I never go anywhere in a car without a jack. Not good to assume there's air in the spare, however.
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 08:10 am
Re: Homeowner's insurance covers auto break-in overseas.
BillyFalcon wrote:
Several years ago we traveled 5-6 weeks in Europe with our kids. We bought a Jetta diesel for pickup in Germany. The car was broken into in Germany. The thieves took the camera, lenses, etc. They took my daughter's books, etc.

A couple months after we returned, I was having lunch with some friends and told them about the breakin and theft. Jack asked whether I had applied to my home owner's insurance to cover the theft.
The homeowner's insurance did in fact cover every bit of the loss - full replacement of the camera and equipment, books, suit cases, etc.

0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:32 am
Re: Car insurance and other auto coverage.
BillyFalcon wrote:

0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:38 am
That story just never gets old...
0 Replies