96 eagle talon turbo?

garvman

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 05:55 pm
I am working on a 96 eagle talon turbo for some freinds of my wifes TRYING to save them some money. They took it to a shop that informed them it needs a turbo, I am not so sure. They said and I have seen it has a very rough idle and it is running very rich. Turbo is spinning freely and it is producing boost, would not think a bad turbo would make it idle so rough and sometimes die if it is able to spin freely and boost. Any ideas, I may have to find someone I can trust to hook it up to a scan tool since the one I have access to does not support this car for some reason. Check engine light is on. THANKS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,512 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:57 pm
I may be wrong but I don´t think the turbo has anything to do with the idle. I had the same car (a 1990) badged Plymouth Laser for 160,000 miles with nary an unhappy blip from the turbo. Of course I always changed the oil early and clean oil is the turbo´s life blood. After twelve years the car´s computer died, a very costly repair. Other than that it was the best, most trouble free car I ever owned. Hope you get it running right.
0 Replies