IN HOW MANY US STATES HAVE YOU LIVED?

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:08 pm
hmmmm....California, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Georgia. TOTAL: 8

Although, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Georgia are the only ones I lived for an extended time. TOTAL: 4

Sooo...that makes me an eight/four guy...

Southern Ohio was probably my favorite. I loved the maple trees and fall colors. Also, I like a touch a winter; you could say I am a four seasons guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,098 • Replies: 17
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:11 pm
NJ,MA,NH,NM,GA and then back to MA. Definitely like the 4 seasons, but I prefer them NM style: short, intense winters, long spring summer, pleasant and colorful autumn. Not enough autumn color maybe. I think MA would be a great 4-season's place if the winter was a little shorter.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:13 pm
By the way, hi Maple! Do you actually feel like you get 4 seasons in NW GA?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:17 pm

Did spend two summers in Texas, loved every minute of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:20 pm
6:
Texas, California, Missouri, New York, Rhode Island, Oklahoma. Worked in Louisiana, offshore.
0 Replies

Chaplin

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 09:33 pm
California, New Mexico and Illinois.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:58 am
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 04:02 am

Hawaii for about two days, although I was quite drunk on mai-tai for most of that.

Washington for four days. Hangover for the first 24 hours, followed by a frantic dash round all the various monuments.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:42 pm
Four seasons in NW Georgia....sometimes we are close...last winter, I had to wear a "real" coat <grin> for a number of days...ice actually appeared.

Lord E reminded me that I lived in Hawaii for 18 months...thanks to the US Army.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:04 pm
Whaddya mean, lived in....

Well, lived in for sure,

California, Ohio, (California), northern Virginia, (California), New York, Illinois, (California), New Mexico.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:06 pm
And, as I usually say, many other places in my mind.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:07 pm
Oss... what's New Mexico like? Just hot, then cold-cold at Winter?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:19 pm
Well, mapleleaf, I gather it varies widely. I'm in Albuquerque, which is quite dry relative to some other spots.

I found winter interesting, not as freezing cold to me as I expected, by a long shot.

I stayed with Dys and Diane both on a first visit, a house sit, and when I moved... and I moved in late December. I remember Dys saying, it's twenty outside, one morning, and I thought, huh? Wasn't all that cold to me.

On the other hand, I wasn't walking for miles in it. The summer was more blazing hot for longer than I expected, based on temps I'd read online before I moved here. But even now, as temps cool, the time of intense heat diminishes in my mind.

I am still liking it a lot.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:40 pm
Shocked Arkansas....LOL

Same county...except for about 6 months in the neighboring one...

Can I count all the states that I've been in? Lets see...Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama (hated it), Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and Iowa.

Ohh yeah, and one lovely trip south of the border into Mexico...

Now, I feel like I've been somewhere....LMAO!

Osso, One of these days, I'm going to get to New Mexico...I want to see that state eventually!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:22 pm
Lived in - 0

Visited - 14
In alphabetical order:
California
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Washington
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:58 pm
Makemeshiver, let me know if/when you're thinking about visiting - I'd love to meet you folks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:01 pm
Did you have any favorites, Intrepid, or any Most Disliked?

I have good memories of Canada, visiting with my parents when I was about nine. I have some extended and now probably long lost family around the Georgian Bay..
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Did you have any favorites, Intrepid, or any Most Disliked?

I have good memories of Canada, visiting with my parents when I was about nine. I have some extended and now probably long lost family around the Georgian Bay..

They were all different and I liked them all.

I would have to say that I had the worst time in Ohio because we went through a major storm and a tornado touch down. The roads in New York state are terrible. I loved California...most time spent in San Diego. Visited one hell of a bar in Montana. Liked the countryside in North Carolina.
0 Replies