Eraserhead

Green Witch

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 05:29 pm
Brandon, I'm not sure you would get a serious discussion from the likes of Kicky and I think Chai is just not up for the game. Why not start a separate thread separate listing a few suggestions, I'm sure you would get some takers, Lightwizard is always itching for a juicy film chat.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:25 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Brandon, I'm not sure you would get a serious discussion from the likes of Kicky and I think Chai is just not up for the game. Why not start a separate thread separate listing a few suggestions, I'm sure you would get some takers, Lightwizard is always itching for a juicy film chat.

But Chai is my friend, and I wanted to talk to her about something she's interested in. Maybe this is not the topic.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:49 pm
I think Eraserhead is a must see film.

I remember Lynch himself called it (something like) a loose collection of dark and disturbing dreams....and that's exactly what it is. If you try to see it as a sensible realistic story, you're lost. To make people feel weirded out was certainly the point of the film, and it does that superbly.

The sound design and music is an integral part of this film, which is something I love about all Lynch's stuff. It isn't an afterthought like most films.

(Mulholland Drive is absolutley amazing. Had me buzzing for days! )
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:59 am
David Lynch certainly is disturbing.

That movie "Black Velvet"?

It's hard to get Dennis Hopper whining "Mommmmmmyyyyyy" out of your head.

Then again, anything with Dennis Hopper in it sets me on edge.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 07:57 am
Black Velvet! Oh man, I can't even watch that movie.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 11:23 pm
"Blue Velvet"

Film noir from the Twilight Zone.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2006 02:16 pm
oh yeah ..... Blue....

sorry 'bout that.

still freaky.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:30 pm
I rented Eraserhead at the video store near my house yesterday, and, god help me, I'm going to watch it in about a half hour.

I ain't a'scairt.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:00 pm
I must be too young to have caught this movie boat?

A fake chicken? squirting blood?

And Dolly Madison with fat cheeks?

nah.. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:08 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I must be too young to have caught this movie boat?

A fake chicken? squirting blood?

And Dolly Madison with fat cheeks?

nah.. Laughing

oh man, make sure you smoke a big fat joint before you watch it.

kicky, I'll be waiting for your review.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:07 pm
I don't think pot is strong enough for this movie. What a f*cking freakshow. There is a plot in there somewhere, I think, but still, I'm not sure about it, so can someone please tell me what the f*** this movie was about?

The scene where the lady sings that song about heaven while stomping on and squooshing little fetus-like lizard baby creatures was up there with the most interesting and unique scenes I've ever seen. I loved that scene.

I was impressed by the creativity and originality of the movie, and I liked the starkness and creepy weirdness of it, but mostly I was just disgusted, cringing, and going, "ewww, that is so gross--why am I watching this?"

Nothing in this movie was as disturbing as Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet, but I'm pretty sure that, unless I'm offered some acid to go with it, I won't ever voluntarily watch this movie again. I'm glad I saw it, but I don't want to see it again.

So I'm going to have to give the movie a thumb's up AND a thumb's down! How ya like them apples!?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:19 pm
well, you have to admit, what ended up happening to eraserhead at the end was pretty darn funny.

you know kicky, that's what REALLY happens to all of us in the end. I've seen private government files.

Think about that tonight when you're going to sleep.

oh, and I thought the girls father was a hoot. He was like every cranky dad at the supper table all over the world.

"Baaahhhh....what's this all about?.....Baaahhhh!

the baby though...that was really creepy and throw-uppy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:31 pm
Have you seen Mulholland Drive? That movie also had a great singing number in it, also seemingly tossed in out of nowhere, seemingly with nothing to do with the rest of the movie. The woman sings, "Llorando", a spanish version of the hit song, "Crying." That scene is one of my all-time favorites in any movie ever.

I think David Lynch is the bizarro-world version of Federico Fellini.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:55 pm
Well then, you've just got to give Tetsuo a try too, kicky.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 04:04 pm
Infrablue, yep, when I return this DVD, I'll ask about Tetsuo. It will give me a good excuse to talk to the sexy countergirl at the video store. She told me she was a big David Lynch fan, and damn she was cute. She even had those stylish nerdy square frames on her glasses that always drive me wild.

I wonder if she's into drill-penises.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:38 pm
oh wow.

ask her out.

no, don't ask her out yet, but ask her what movies she recommends and watch them and talk to her about them.

not too long though, or she'll think you're just a friend.

just talk about one movie, and ask her to go to the movies with her.

yeah, that'll work.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 10:00 pm
kickycan wrote:
I wonder if she's into drill-penises.

Ask her. Now that'd be one smoooth pick-up line.
0 Replies