Eraserhead

Chai

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:50 pm
Doesn't the Lady in the Radiator just totally creep you out?

The way she giggles, it's really evil.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,899 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:14 pm
I was once, long ago, at a party where the host attempted to show this movie. After about 15 minutes, everyone was so totally creeped out that the host apologized and showed something else.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:18 pm
I saw this movie when I was fourteen years old, on vacation in Florida. My uncle owned a video store and showed us this movie as an example of what "crap these idiots are renting these days."

I don't remember specifics, but I do remember it being totally bizarre. And wasn't there something having to do with some kind of embryo or aborted fetus in there somewhere?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 01:44 pm
The Lady in the Radiator does not freak me out as she pales in comparison to my ex-wife.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:03 pm
Yes....it's very creepy.

I only saw the whole thing maybe a year ago. Something happened a few days ago that reminded me of The Lady in the Radiator.

It came out maybe around 1977, when I was a Sr. in HS. We'd all go down to watch a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (like 40 times) and Eraserhead would be the 2nd show.

We never stayed for the entire thing...we'd be creeped out and it was getting late anyway. I think we only got to the part where the tiny chicken was getting carved up at dinner, and it started moving around and gushing.

There's this person called The Lady in the Radiator that comes out (or maybe the eraserhead guy goes into the radiator, hard to tell. She sings this really weird song about heaven, which at first sound kinda cute. Then, these things that look like gigantic sperm start falling on the floor from above...not a lot, just a few dozen. She'll side step over to one and WHOMP! stomp on it. One or two of them fall on her shoulder, but they fall onto the floor.....

http://www.chico.mweb.co.za/mg/art/film/column/990210-eraserhead.jpg

Here's the chicken

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReview2/eraserhead/4.jpg

Later on, he has a baby with his girlfriend, and they live in this room that looks like it's from the honeymooners, only not so nice, and a lot smaller.

The baby is really cute. Shocked

it's supposed to be a really important film, since is by David Lynch and everything...I think you 2 should go watch it so we can discuss.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReview2/spring-summer-winter/eras1.jpg
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:30 pm
I'd be delighted to discuss a movie with you, Chai, but not this one. Suggest another.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:41 pm
If you all liked Eraserhead, I think you'll dig the Japanese film, Tetsuo, the Iron Man.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 02:53 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
I'd be delighted to discuss a movie with you, Chai, but not this one. Suggest another.

Just kidding Brandon....

or...?

are you just not MAN ENOUGH to watch Eraserhead!!!???
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:07 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Just kidding Brandon....

or...?

are you just not MAN ENOUGH to watch Eraserhead!!!???

Probably not, but my offer about discussing a move still stands.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:17 pm
Unfortunately, I hardly ever watch movies. Confused

I usually sit out of sight of the TV with some sound proof head phones on with a book.

I can't even remember the last movie I watched.......uh........nope, can't remember.

jeez....wait a minute.....wow.......I'll have to really think about it and get back to you.....but I'll probably forget within a minute.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
oooooo........right now I'm reading "Born to Kvetch"

It's a history of the Yiddish language...

but, that's not a movie, is it?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 03:30 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
oooooo........right now I'm reading "Born to Kvetch"

It's a history of the Yiddish language...

but, that's not a movie, is it?

I don't know, is it? Why don't you make a small list of movies that you wouldn't mind discussing, and I'll pick one? By the way, that's a delightful photo of you in your new avatar.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 05:05 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
If you all liked Eraserhead, I think you'll dig the Japanese film, Tetsuo, the Iron Man.

Oh yeah, that sounds interesting. I've often wondered what it would be like to have a drill instead of a penis.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 05:53 pm
wow brandon, seriously....I read your post at maybe 5:30, then I went to exercise and get dinner ready....Every so often I tried to remember the last movie I've seen, and couldn't.

sorry, I guess my list would be super short, like zero.

a drill for a penis? ewwww......

oh oh oh....kicky just reminded me...the last movie I saw was in NY back in October or November of last year. The one about Truman Capote.

It was ok I guess. kinda slow. we went after dinner (which I can still tell you what I ordered...gnochi w/ a cream pesto, ice tea, then a gelato from down the street), so I might have closed my eyes for some of it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 06:53 pm
I just read "In Cold Blood" recently. I could almost tell that Capote was in love with the one guy just from the way he portrayed him in the book.

So when does Truman Capote whip out his giant drill-penis in the movie?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:05 pm
Good book and movie. I read the book when I was about 16 and didn't pick up on the homoerotic love stuff.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:06 pm
I don't blame you for not catching it. The homoerotic stuff was very subtle.

Like for instance, when he first describes Perry smith and refers to his "tight, muscular, and perfectly squeezable ass-flaps," and later, when he writes about how a man could "lose himself for hours staring at the immense man-pouch in Perry's jeans."
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:48 pm
Yeah, I don't know how I could haved missed those lines .

My other Capote favorite was "Breakfast at Tiffany's". The novella was better than the movie, but you gotta love Audrey.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:02 pm
kickycan wrote:
I don't blame you for not catching it. The homoerotic stuff was very subtle.

Like for instance, when he first describes Perry smith and refers to his "tight, muscular, and perfectly squeezable ass-flaps," and later, when he writes about how a man could "lose himself for hours staring at the immense man-pouch in Perry's jeans."

Talk about homoerotic tendencies, kicky.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:11 pm
Well, I did see "Caopte." We could discuss that, or else, if you like, I'll list about 20 movies I've seen and you can pick one. Whichever you prefer.
0 Replies