Priest Dies demonstrating how to walk on water

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:06 am
Miller wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

Exactly. That's why you have so many different interpretations. Another reason is because the Bible was written to exist in multiple realities. So in order to interpret it correctly you have to decipher it in accordance with the reality that you exist in.

To interpret the Hebrew Bible correctly, you must first be able to read Hebrew . Then you must be able to apply your knowledge of Hebrew to the Biblical text of the Torah.

To interpret the Bible correctly all you will need is the KJV, a dictionary and a clear understanding of Reality
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:13 am
Mindonfire wrote:
To interpret the Bible correctly all you will need is the KJV, a dictionary and a clear understanding of Reality

How can you interpret the bible 'correctly' when it's a purely subjective ink blot? There is no 'correctness' to subjectivity.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 08:49 am
rosborne979 wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

How can you interpret the bible 'correctly' when it's a purely subjective ink blot? There is no 'correctness' to subjectivity.

Well, because the Bible is not purely subjective. It allows you to interpret it subjectively or the way that you may feel is right, but that does not mean that your interpretation is correct. Just as if we say that, "That dog is green". You may interpret that to mean that we are talking about a dog that is colored green. But while you may think that, we are actually saying that the dog is new. This is because green also means new.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 09:19 am
Mindonfire wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

Well, because the Bible is not purely subjective. It allows you to interpret it subjectively or the way that you may feel is right, but that does not mean that your interpretation is correct. Just as if we say that, "That dog is green". You may interpret that to mean that we are talking about a dog that is colored green. But while you may think that, we are actually saying that the dog is new. This is because green also means new.

I think you're just talking in circles. But as long as it makes sense to you, go for it.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 10:08 am
rosborne979 wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:

I think you're just talking in circles. But as long as it makes sense to you, go for it.

How is that talking in circles?What is so hard to comprehend? You are free to interpret what someone says according to how you see fit. But this does not mean that your interpretation is what they meant. It is quite simple. The Bible is written is such a way that any and everyone may interpret it how they see fit. But this does not necissarily mean that those interpretations are the message that it intends to convey in this reality.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 10:47 am
rosborne979 wrote:
All Mindy seems to be saying is basically what Jesus said: "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes." (Matthew 11:25)

The Bible was written to be understood by the unlettered and ordinary without the aid of a select priesthood. Understanding is as much a function of one's attitude and willingness to learn as intellectual capacity.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 03:44 pm
neologist wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
All Mindy seems to be saying is basically what Jesus said: "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes." (Matthew 11:25)

The Bible was written to be understood by the unlettered and ordinary without the aid of a select priesthood. Understanding is as much a function of one's attitude and willingness to learn as intellectual capacity.

Just like an ink blot.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:12 pm
What baffles me is that none of his supposed congregation went in to save him!

Were they as faithful as him?

Do they still go to Church?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:29 pm
rhymer wrote:

This is a bunch of people who actually wasted their time going to the shore to watch him wade out into the water. Did they actually expect anything else to happen?

"Hey Fred."
"Yep?"
"There goes the reverand."
"Yep"
"He's up to his neck, do you think he knows he's not walking on water yet?"
"Well, he's gone now."
"Yep"
"Five bucks says he comes up in three minutes"
tick tick tick
"You owe me five bucks"
"Do you think we should do something?"
"Too late now"
"Yep"
"Let's get somethin to eat"
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:39 pm
You're not supposed to go diving into the "walk on water" miracle. You're supposed to start with the "water into wine" one, then do the "fishes feed the masses" one, THEN do the water one. He just did them out of order.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:00 pm
I wanted to see him crawl out of a virgin.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 08:33 pm
NickFun wrote:
You're not supposed to go diving into the "walk on water" miracle. You're supposed to start with the "water into wine" one, then do the "fishes feed the masses" one, THEN do the water one. He just did them out of order.

I still think he's in Monte Carlo with his mistress, gambling all the money he bilked from the flock.

(Scuba gear hidden near where he walked into the water, speedboat waiting around jetty. Perfect alibi, flock of witnesses swear he drowned.)
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 02:43 am
rosborne979 wrote:

This is a bunch of people who actually wasted their time going to the shore to watch him wade out into the water. Did they actually expect anything else to happen?

"Hey Fred."
"Yep?"
"There goes the reverand."
"Yep"
"He's up to his neck, do you think he knows he's not walking on water yet?"
"Well, he's gone now."
"Yep"
"Five bucks says he comes up in three minutes"
tick tick tick
"You owe me five bucks"
"Do you think we should do something?"
"Too late now"
"Yep"
"Let's get somethin to eat"

ROFL Very Happy
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 08:12 am
rhymer wrote:

Were they as faithful as him?

Evidently not, they did not try to walk on water

rhymer wrote:
Do they still go to Church?

Yes, they'll just excuse it as the pastor not having enough faith.
0 Replies