Anyone like Tennis?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 06:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I've been very stupid - watched a replay of the semi-final Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

(Without sound and in the background when being at a friend's, but that's a weak excuse)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 07:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
A totally different match now to what I thought to have watched this morning Wink Embarrassed
engineer

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 08:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, playing Serena vs Venus is a different game. I can see how if you were just watching the scoreboard (Williams vs Kerber) you could have been confused. Serena gets the first break to close the first set.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 08:27 am
@engineer,
I really wondered about the time. But since a male can't do three things at the same time ... Wink
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 09:18 am
Well the early afternoon match is over and Serena has won another wimbledon title. In the evening match, Serena Williams will take the court hoping to win ... another wimbledon title! (In doubles this time.) Busy busy busy. It's cool how the women still take doubles seriously, but of course they don't have 5-setters to play.
engineer

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 10:41 am
@Kolyo,
Congrats to Serena and also to Kerber. She will move up to number two next week when the rankings come out (had Serena lost early, she could have taken number one) and with two matchups with Serena this year, it would be awesome if they met in the finals of the US Open to decide it. Serena is pretty close to taking the records for match wins at slams and number of consecutive weeks at number one.
engineer

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:27 am
@engineer,
Bill Simmons on Serena Williams

0 Replies

nichel

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 03:11 am
@ossobuco,
I love to play tennis.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 04:10 pm
Moving into the second week of the US Open. On the women's side, the number one ranking is up for grabs. If Kerber wins, she takes two of the year's slams and takes the number one position. If Serena wins, youth will be denied, she will be the person to win two slams, will surpass Graf's all time slam record and will remain number one. There is even an outside chance that Radwanska will take number one if all the stars line up. On the men's side, Murray is looking really strong. Can Djokovic fight him off? Is he healthy? How about 2009 champion and silver Olympic metal winner Juan Martin del Potro who looks resurgent this year?
panzade

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 05:52 pm
@engineer,
Del Potro looked strong today. Don't count him out.
engineer

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 06:29 pm
@panzade,
I was listening to a tennis podcast and they like him a lot.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 08:02 pm
Murray lost his composure and the match after a loud BONG from the sound system.
Kudos to Nishikori.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 03:13 am
@panzade,
You'd think those in charge could learn to smoke their bongs a bit quieter.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 05:11 am
Hard fought victory for Williams against Halep. Next up Serena has to play someone who has more aces for the year than she does. The women's finals are pretty compelling this year. Serena has to win to keep the number one ranking. Former number one Wozniacki is playing some of the best tennis of her career, coming up against future number one Kerber. It makes up for he men's side where some of the excitement has faded with Murray's loss.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 09:50 pm
Venus Williams is playing now, at age 36, hoping to reach her first final since '09, and her first final since '03 at the Australian.

Give her a look if you can.
panzade

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:27 am
@Kolyo,
Watched her. Full of grit and determination.
How fitting the sisters are in the finals again.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 06:49 pm
Congrats to Roger, on winning Indian Wells at the ripe old age of 80 million years old.

This is his 90th career ATP title, and it's quite possible he'll pass Ivan Lendl for second all-time before he's done.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 11:43 am
@Kolyo,
I'm following Nadal & Federer in The Guardian.. still the first set.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 12:56 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Federer won, yay, though I like both of them.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 03:00 pm
I'm happy for Serena and her fiance, Alexis Ohanian. Very Happy
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/19/serena-williams-pregnant-snapchat-20-weeks
0 Replies