[answered] Log-in Cookie

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 08:27 am
Why do I have to re-enter my login information several times a week, sometimes several times a day, even though I always check the box to have A2K remember me? This happens both when I log in from home or from work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,254 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:00 am
Brandon9000 - It is happening to me too. Apparently A2K has this "hiccup" from time to time, as I have had this on a number of occasions in the past. Maybe one of the powers-that-be will come along and explain why it is happening. In the meantime, at least you know that it has nothing to do with you.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:59 am
i think there's some sort of time limit on activity.

i was logged in this morning, but hadn't touched the site for over an hour.

when i clicked a link, i had to log back in...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:12 am
This is part of the War on Terror.

Seriously, I suspect the Hamsters are getting uppity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:22 am
I haven't had trouble on this recently, but it has in the past been related to the hamsters being busy.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:26 am
I logged off twice this morning, and now feel a lot better for it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:06 am
Region Philbis wrote:
i think there's some sort of time limit on activity.

i was logged in this morning, but hadn't touched the site for over an hour.

when i clicked a link, i had to log back in...

I dunno. When A2K is working well, I never have to log in, as I never log out.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:31 am
Ditto to Phoenix.

I don't find it a huge problem, except for one thing -- when going to the "new posts" page after logging in, there usually on 2 or 3 topics on it, rather than the 3-4 pages of topics that I get when the "always logged on" is working. I prefer starting on the new posts pages to get an overview of what's been happening here and what I may be interested in, rather than opening each individual forum.

But, generally -- no biggie.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 12:54 pm
I don't use the "always log me in" featture as I am usually on my laptop and I fear some miscreant will get hold of my computer and damage the good name and reputation of NickFun!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 04:55 pm
Re: Log-in Cookie
Brandon9000 wrote:
Why do I have to re-enter my login information several times a week, sometimes several times a day, even though I always check the box to have A2K remember me? This happens both when I log in from home or from work.

Hamster activity.

Okay, not to be flippant about it, but work is being done on the site and occasionally that results in hiccups which will reset the stats. Is this happening all the time? Any particular time? Let's try to pinpoint this. Thanks.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:22 pm
jespah wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Hamster activity.

Okay, not to be flippant about it, but work is being done on the site and occasionally that results in hiccups which will reset the stats. Is this happening all the time? Any particular time? Let's try to pinpoint this. Thanks.

Frequently for many months, maybe a year.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:25 am
Noddy24 wrote:
This is part of the War on Terror.

Seriously, I suspect the Hamsters are getting uppity.

They are getting uppity,'cause they have to go back to school next week. Shocked
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 07:59 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
jespah wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Hamster activity.

Okay, sorry, but this doesn't help me that much.

I need more specifics.

Are there any specific circumstances under which it's happening? After five minutes? An hour? After a lot of inactivity? What operating system do you use? What browser?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 11:53 am
jespah wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
jespah wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Hamster activity.

Okay, sorry, but this doesn't help me that much.

I need more specifics.

Are there any specific circumstances under which it's happening? After five minutes? An hour? After a lot of inactivity? What operating system do you use? What browser?

It happens absolutely randomly as far as I can tell. Sometimes several times a day, and then not at all for a week. It occurs both when I am at home, and when I am at work. I am running XP in both locations. 99% of the time I use Internet Explorer.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 12:33 pm
I almost never have needed to log in until the past week or so and now I need to log in every time.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 09:48 pm
I haven't had to log in for months, at work or home. This makes me think that the problem isn't with a2k.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 07:36 am
Thanks, Brandon.

I know that work is being done -- and it's been going on for a few months now -- but nowhere near a year. IE generally doesn't give problems (we see issues with Opera, for example) and PCs usually don't, either (macs can be an issue at times).

I think I'm going to fall back on the old chestnut, but it can't hurt you -- have you checked for the existence of spyware?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:24 pm
jespah wrote:
Thanks, Brandon.

I know that work is being done -- and it's been going on for a few months now -- but nowhere near a year. IE generally doesn't give problems (we see issues with Opera, for example) and PCs usually don't, either (macs can be an issue at times).

I think I'm going to fall back on the old chestnut, but it can't hurt you -- have you checked for the existence of spyware?

Coincidentally on both my work and home PCs, as well as the PCs of all the other people reporting the same problem?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:33 pm
It happened, I gather, to a bunch more of us today. I always just take it as work being done on the site.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 09:51 am
This is something like the 3rd time that my login information has disappeared already today. Is there any anticipation of fixing this problem at some point in time?
0 Replies