Cage remaking "The Wicker Man"?

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 07:43 pm
Does anyone know if it's a remake of the 1970s movie? That was a very odd movie...

Apparently, it is... (I checked out Imdb... sigh...) I can't believe they would want to go and do that, kwim? The original was so hair raising... and Brit Eckland has that erotic scene... Does anyone know if they remade that scene and how it turns out in the remake?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 02:11 am
original Wicker Man
As you noted already, this is a remake of the 1973 cult-classic but with an unnamed plot twist. IMHO, it can't touch the original in impact or quality. Won't waste my time with it as I feel Nicolas Cage just doen't cut it as compared to Edward Woodward. No Britt Eklund-or-even-a-wannabe in this one, either. Kate Beahan..unh unh!

The original is a masterwork, considered by some to be one of the great horror films. It achieves its horror through subtlety, something virtually extinct in this CGI-addled era in which we now live.

Christopher Lee has often remarked that 'The Wicker Man' was his finest work, and rightly so. It was written specifically for him, and it showcases his talents as no other movie ever has.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 02:20 am
We have been talking about this film here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2220814&highlight=wicker#2220814
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 02:36 am
<sigh>
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 02:58 am
Quote:
<sigh>

????
0 Replies