Need info how to replace serpentine belt on 1993 GMC Jimmy

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 08:12 pm
I need either a diagram or some information on how to correctly replace a serpentine belt on a 1993 GMC Jimmy 4.3 litre engine. HELP!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,658 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 08:32 pm
Re: Need info how to replace serpentine belt on 1993 GMC Jim
A belt-routing diagram should be on a decal on or near the radiator header, and another in the owners' manual. If you no longer have the decal or manual, an auto parts dealer should have guides and manuals with all sortsa specs and diagrams from which you can copy what you need, and your local library should have either or both Chilton's and Motor's repair manuals available in the Reference section - those two books (series of books and supplements, really) will step you through everything from changing an air filter to replacing a vehicle's entire drive train, running gear, and subsystems for just about every year/make/model of vehicle commonly available in the US.
0 Replies

VampyreLady

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 08:37 pm
Thanks for your help, my husband seems to have gotten it on already, but is missing a certain tool to get the belt in its proper place on the pulley. But thank you for the info
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 08:49 pm
Oh. Yeah, the job is lots easier with a belt installation tool and an adjustable pulley adjustment tool than with prybar, screwdriver, vicegrips, sockets, and swearwords, but "Plan B" gets it done if you work - and swear - at the job enough. Its pretty much my method, anyhow Laughing

Edit to add: Here's a belt installation tool - any good parts supplier oughtta have something suitable in stock, shouldn't be very expensive - less than $25 unless you gotta have "Pro" quality with shiny surfaces and flashy logos.
0 Replies