Now I Really Am Depressed

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 02:58 pm
Wandering through my threads and found this, dated March 2nd, 2005. Little over a year ago. And I almost wept. 118lbs....I've gained 25 pounds in the last year with my stupid ass thyroid medicine. Sad

Bella Dea wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

estrostep has the lowest amount of hormones that are efffective in birth control. The only problem with estrostep is that it is ineffective in women who are over weight. Medically over weight is 20 lbs or more. Morbid obesity is 40 lbs or more.. that is the medical defination.

Shocked

No way....I am 5'3" and 118lbs so I think I am ok. I didn't realize that it was the lowest. That sort of freaks me out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 695 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 03:24 pm
Bella--

Ugh--even watching someone else face that sort of implacable fact is uncomfortable.

Still, fat is not necessarily forever.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 04:06 pm
And ponder what a mess you'd be in without the medication...

Still, having fought the Battle of the Bulge myself for a number of years, you have my sympathies.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 04:09 pm
They've found that some medications actually affect the satiety response in the brain.

After my own weight struggles while on medication, I have much more empathy for overweight and obese folks.

I don't find it a large leap from there to think that there's just a large range of "normal" or "natural" satiety responses.

Hopefully some biochemist will pick this apart and give us some decent medication to combat the effects of these other nasty meds....
0 Replies