A2K Fantasy Football 2006

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 12:08 pm
Well fbaezer,

You may have messed up by not starting Bush... but you certainly didn't need it this week. My defense last week scored 11 more points than my entire team scored this week... I'm pretty sure 20 points for the whole week is a new record low.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 04:38 pm
(Sigh of relief, as I apply some band aids on a forehead sore after many times of banging the table in despair)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:37 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
... I'm pretty sure 20 points for the whole week is a new record low.

If memory serves, Wreckin Crew once scored a 15.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 10:56 am
What a squeeze! Defeating Ticomaniacs by one point barely got the Antiborregos into the championship round.

Tico was very unlucky this season. Look at the points he made and his W-L record!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 04:54 pm
fbaezer wrote:
What a squeeze! Defeating Ticomaniacs by one point barely got the Antiborregos into the championship round.

Tico was very unlucky this season. Look at the points he made and his W-L record!

Congratulations, fbaezer! In a sense, our game was a microcosm of my season. It appears only you, Wreckin Crew, and Blah Blah's would have beaten me this week -- but of course I would not be lucky enough to not be playing one of those 3. And by virtue of my one point loss to you, my season is over, regardless of the outcome of McG's game with the Rappin Rednecks.

Why did I lose by one point? I could blame the Dallas defender who decided last night to take a few micro-seconds to commiserate with his teammate over not having intercepted the 42-yard pass to Devery Henderson 3 yards shy of the endzone, rather than just reach out and touch the man so he would be down by contact, and thus allowing Henderson to jump into the endzone for 6 more points. I could also blame the San Diego defender who -- inexplicably -- failed to intercept the Jay Cutler pass that was thrown directly into his midsection, which would have been 2 points for me. I might also blame Kellen Winslow, for not managing to eek out just 1 more yard in his game against the Steelers, so he could record 1 fantasy point for me; and as a corollary, I could blame Marquis Colston for not letting me know ahead of time that he was going to play on Sunday, forcing me to play Winslow in the first place -- a 2 point mistake on my part. I could blame the Seattle offensive coordinator who decided Hasselbeck ought to throw TD passes from the 2 and 5 yard lines, rather than give the ball to his reigning MVP to punch it in. I could blame Frank Gore or Shaun Alexander for each fumbling not once, but twice.

But I guess perhaps I really ought to blame myself for having traded LT to the Wreckin Crew for Shaun Alexander before the season started. It is for that reason that I nominate myself for the Worst Owner of the Year award.

[/whining]

Tico

p.s. Good luck to everyone still in the playoffs! I'm already looking forward to next year's season!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
Congratulations to all who made the playoffs. Some of us are just glad to be cheerleaders. Smile

Might as well punt.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 06:03 pm
Damn. I never bothered to read the rules here so I never realized that it's curtains for those of us in the bottom portion of the league standings. I reckon I assumed the season here would go all 17 weeks.

Anyway, congrats to those who made the play-offs. If I can hang on to my 8 point lead against McGentrix, I will get a slightly less embarrassing position in the league standings.

Special congrats to the Wrecking Crew (Jon?) in Wichita. He put together an awesome team. I was one of only two players to beat him, catching him in week #3 (?) when he scored only 15 points.

Thanks JPinMilw for starting this. I hope to do it again next year.

Anyone not already in is welcome to join in the A2K NFL thing entitled "The Road To New Orleans..." As I recall, we pick the wild card games and then make a final pick through the Super Bowl game.

The 'Necks did bad and that ain't good;
Didn't play as well as we should.
But we'll be back,
Cutting no slack
Being the best 'Necks in the 'hood.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 07:28 pm
Ticomaniacs Fight Song

(To the tune of "Disco Duck")

Went to the gridiron the other night,
All the players were treating me right.
Doing my thing with Tico grace,
How in the world could I lose my place?

All of a sudden I began to lose,
I was down on the field hearing the boos.
Scratching my head I began to relax,
Look at me ... I'm the Tico-maniacs.

Tico-, Tico-maniacs
Tico-, Tico-maniacs

Everybody's beatin' the
Tico-, Tico-maniacs
Tico-, Tico-maniacs

No, it's not a very good fight song, but we weren't that good a team.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:48 am
The Tough Puppy Song (shamelessly stolen from The Puppy Song, from the film You've Got Mail, I have no idea what the tune is)

Games are nothing more than play time
And a win's just a dream you wish to come true

If only I had a tough puppy
I'd call myself so very lucky
Just to see him in his jersey
To share a cup of gatorade
I'd take my puppy everywhere
La la la la I wouldn't care
Then we'll stay away from crowds
With signs that say no play allowed
Oh we... I know he'd never bite me
We... I think he'd never bite me

If only I could have a friend
Who sticks with me like a tight end
And walk along the Astroturf
To share a bit of channel surf
I'd take my friend most everywhere
La la la la I wouldn't care
And we'll stay away from crowds
With signs that say no friends allowed
Oh we...we'd be so happy to be...
We...we'd be so happy to be together

But dreams are nothing more than wishes
And a wish's just a dream you wish to come true
Dreams are nothing more than wishes
(Your wish will come true)
And a wish's just a dream (Your wish will come true)
You wish to come true (Your wish will come true)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:37 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Special congrats to the Wrecking Crew (Jon?) in Wichita. He put together an awesome team. I was one of only two players to beat him, catching him in week #3 (?) when he scored only 15 points.

Jon wanted me to pass on his thanks. And he says that if he had to lose to anyone by only scoring 15 points, it might as well have been you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 04:55 am
Nu, so when is he gonna join the site?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 12:30 pm
I'm frankly shocked that I made the playoffs; I didn't do a damn thing with my picks other than put Vince Young as my #1 (worked out pretty well).

Bears defense is what carried me all year...

Would have won this last week if my opponent didn't have Drew f*cking brees score 35-odd points against dallas, sheesh

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 01:50 pm
Right now I'm in Drew f*cking Brees appreciation mode.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:51 pm
I wish somebody came up and bought Antiborregos and fire me!

My team could have won, but I made all the wrong choices. Embarrassed Sad
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 11:08 pm
I now blame Drew f*cking Brees for my failure.

Last week he gave me 37 points which gave me the edge over Cyclo, and this week he gives me 2 miserable points.

Now, if he hadn't thrown those 5 TD passes last week, I would've been paired with the Antisheep here, and I would've advanced to (in the land of the blind...) round 2.

Or if he would've repeated his 5 TDs this week...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 05:06 am
Gentlemen, you now all have fight songs.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:07 pm
And they are very impressive. Thank you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:46 pm
I don't have a fight song.

Crying or Very sad

Just because I'm no longer fighting, doesn't mean I shouldn't have a fight song.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 02:29 pm
fbaezer wrote:

My team could have won.(

11 fantasy points? 11?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 03:10 pm
Well, Cyclo got only 32!

If I played Hasselbeck instead of Palmer I'd have 16.
McAllister instead of Reggie Bush, 25
Jenkins instead of Jennings, 32
Tynes instead of Longwell, 43
Pittsburgh defense instead of Seattle, 61 points.

My bad picks among my players explain this shameful loss.
Embarrassed

I know I don't deserve a fighting song... but Antiborregos do.
0 Replies