A2K Fantasy Football 2006

McGentrix

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:08 pm
I will be there to be sure I get all the good players...

Everyone has D. Davis ranked high, right?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:11 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Everyone has D. Davis ranked high, right?

2nd Round. Not that high.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:21 pm
I have a question: How does one "enter the draft" on the Yahoo site?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:49 pm
I don't know . It says go to League but that didn't help.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:53 pm
It says go to League page and "Enter Live Draft", but I don't see that option.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:54 pm
Under "Settings," for "Draft Type" it says "Autopick Draft." Could that be the problem?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:56 pm
yep. that's the problem. We have no say other then autopick order we picked... That sucks.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:59 pm
Yes, and it suck worse if you didn't submit any changes to the Autopick list, because you had planned for the live draft.

I hope we can "redo" this autopick draft, and do a live draft later.

Um, Mr. Commish?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:13 pm
I dono.t see the Enter Live Draft option either which suggests to me that everyone is on auto-pick, regardless of the pre-rankings we may have done.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:21 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
I dono.t see the Enter Live Draft option either which suggests to me that everyone is on auto-pick, regardless of the pre-rankings we may have done.

Yeah, I think JP screwed up and set the league for an autopick. It will pick based on pre-rankings, if you pre-ranked. Otherwise, it will use the Yahoo default rankings.

I vote we throw out the results of this draft and have a live draft next Saturday, if we can.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:25 pm
I Second, I could use another week of research anyways

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:28 pm
I've talked to Jon (Wreckin Crew), and he concurs with that plan. Otherwise, he says there may be some Cowboys and Raiders ready to be traded immediately.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:34 pm
If we are right, some of us (live or preranked) got screwed. The season starts this coming Thursday. So if we could make the argument for a re-draft it would have to be before then.
Some folks may be quite satisfied with who they got in the auto-draft.

I don't know what solution there is to this. Fortunately, the task falls to my friend jpinmilw to deal with it.

And sure, if you have one of "my" players and I have one of "yours," I would be happy to trade.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:46 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
If we are right, some of us (live or preranked) got screwed. The season starts this coming Thursday. So if we could make the argument for a re-draft it would have to be before then.
Some folks may be quite satisfied with who they got in the auto-draft.

I don't know what solution there is to this. Fortunately, the task falls to my friend jpinmilw to deal with it.

And sure, if you have one of "my" players and I have one of "yours," I would be happy to trade.

Yahoo says you need to have your draft completed by 11:59 p.m. on 9/9, or else your league's scoring doesn't start until Week 2. I'm not sure how that works for having a game this coming Thursday.

I am not interested in keeping the autodraft results (whatever they might be), and feel strongly that we ought to have a redraft. I could do it before Thursday, but Saturday is probably the best date.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:49 pm
The commish needs to be online to start the draft anyways... perhaps he can change the settings before starting the draft.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:53 pm
When will we find out? I definately have other things I could do on this beautiful day...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:56 pm
I think JP must be online, because Yahoo is now saying our draft is set for a Live Draft, tomorrow, 9/3, at 4:00.

That doesn't work for me, because I have a 3:00 tee time.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:57 pm
Either that, or it automatically set it over 24 hours because the Commish wasn't online to start it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:00 pm
It's now been changed to a live draft.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 04:04 pm
Cool.

Any last-minute advice for a first timer?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies