Help needed with Marlboro contest question

radioshaq1

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:18 am
Re: #95
JRTAZ123 wrote:
Give us the name of this location where glares a Bull Moose of stone. Any ideas? I have no idea where to even start looking?

Maybe you should think "Presidents"
0 Replies

joegurl

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:24 am
help with marlboro
Yes Gallanm, I also saw the site that claimed to be the answer. If you will look at it again it says it is the biggest museum (square footage). Not the largest collection. I haven't actually found one that says it is the largest collection but the Barbed Wire Museum in KS says it is one of the biggest.
http://www.rushcounty.org/BarbedWireMuseum/BWTour.htm
Hope I helped.

Also has anyone looked at #59? "Shuck" could that be corn or oysters?
Isn't Ash another name for Halloween or am I thinking of something else? Or could Ash be a street? HELP!!!
0 Replies

joegurl

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:36 am
help with marlboro
Thanks Radio for the help with #95. I wont post the answer. It should be super easy with your clue.

In response to my last post I have the answer to #59. It took me posting for my brain to kick in.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/AfN3Z1U6QPEgAb5F2CQm8w
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:14 am
THANKS
You are right that is easy with that hint. THANKS

Okay how about some help with this question?

It took almost two months for the 1948 moveable feast to make its way west. But once it was put down and cleaned up, it reallybegan to cook. What is the " car" now called?
0 Replies

joegurl

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:23 am
help with marlboro
Just going to post some others that I have come up with:

#81 - Lombard Street (think tattoos)
#61 - Hole in the Ground Volcano
#69 - CineVegas
0 Replies

jeez

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:52 am
You people are so dumb to be giving away your answers. You are giving away $1,000,000! Don't you realize that? Don't you understand that you are in a competition, and you are helping your competition to win? There may be hundreds of people reading this and taking your answers.

Are you trying to reduce the whole contest to a drawing out of a hat? In the event of a tie, there is a tie-breaker. I hope you're good at writing your own riddles, because that's where it's leading.

This is pathetic to just give away the answers! Why shouldn't they have to work to get the Million? If you can't figure out your own answers, then you don't deserve to win.
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 12:06 pm
jeez wrote:
You people are so dumb to be giving away your answers. You are giving away $1,000,000! Don't you realize that? Don't you understand that you are in a competition, and you are helping your competition to win? There may be hundreds of people reading this and taking your answers.

Are you trying to reduce the whole contest to a drawing out of a hat? In the event of a tie, there is a tie-breaker. I hope you're good at writing your own riddles, because that's where it's leading.

This is pathetic to just give away the answers! Why shouldn't they have to work to get the Million? If you can't figure out your own answers, then you don't deserve to win.

Excuse me, but exactly why are "You" here reading the posts??? Looking for an answer????
0 Replies

rrussoniello

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
Re: help with marlboro
joegurl wrote:
Thanks Radio for the help with #95. I wont post the answer. It should be super easy with your clue.

In response to my last post I have the answer to #59. It took me posting for my brain to kick in.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/AfN3Z1U6QPEgAb5F2CQm8w

Here is an even better site to prove you're right =)

http://www.arizona.ghost2ghosts.co.uk/ghost-hunting-articles.php?art_ID=18
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 12:20 pm
radioshaq1
Good point!!!!

I do agree that it's a royal pain that everyone is just giving answers but its okay with me. I don't give the answers I give hints to how to find the answer its a little different. And you know what if it comes down to the tie breaker thats fine with me. And not all the answers given here are correct so people who just take them at face value will be very upset. We should all do our own work and I know me and my team have been. We may ask for help with answers but we give help and we do all the research to check all answers given. Its getting down to the wire and I'm sure that person is just upset because they thought they had an answer that no one would ever get and someone got it now he's a little ticked. Its okay buddy you ain't the smartest person in america and others will get the answer with out your input. I'm sure that we are all here to get some help and need a hand in the correct direction. That's why I'm here. To get a hint in the correct direction.

Anyone want to lend a hand on #12?
A roughly 5 mile run at the bottom of a chasm gets it roughly one mile closer to standing still. How high up would you have to meander to catch the sunrise? Answer in feet.

This one is hard in my opinion.... not exactly sure what to be looking for. We've been looking at Chasm Lake and Chasm falls but I'm no closer to an answer yet. Anyone have the answer and want to give me a hint where to look? What are you guys looking at for this answer? Thanks.

And if you don't like this site don't visit it. Smile It will be okay we won't be lost with out you stealing our hard worked answers.

TAZZY
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 12:30 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
Yeah, I just bet you didnt use anything off of all the post that are on here. So dont try casting any stones. But like they say opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. Thanks for expressing yours Jeez.
0 Replies

gallenm

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 01:34 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
It's going to come down to the tie breaker and I think everyone should help each other to make it that far. No one is going to give that one away, besides it will be the most creative answer. Besides, I found alot of the answers given need more research.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 02:03 pm
EXACTLY
Almost every answer given requires research. I also agree that we will be coming down to the tie breaker question. That's just fine with me. I don't see a problem with helping people get there. Me and my team are working hard and I'm sure so is every other team. So let me know what we can help you out with. Know that the answers me and my team have are not always correct. But they are our answers. Just post a question and if we have the answer I'll do what I can to lead you in the correct direction. Smile WONDERFUL ya'll.
0 Replies

joegurl

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
help with marlboro
#15 Is driving me crazy. It seems like it should be so easy but I have looked and looked. I am going to throw my ideas out there and see if someone else has any leads.

These winter digs (snowy?) are one Block (block of ice; igloo?) away from a gondola (ski lift?), and they redefine the term "room and board."
(Bed & Breakfast?) (or to "board" a ship, train, etc.?)

I found Betty's Igloo Bed & Breakfast in Nome, Alaska but didnt find anything to support the "gondola" part.
0 Replies

sboustead

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:16 pm
Re: help with marlboro
joegurl wrote:
#15 Is driving me crazy. It seems like it should be so easy but I have looked and looked. I am going to throw my ideas out there and see if someone else has any leads.

These winter digs (snowy?) are one Block (block of ice; igloo?) away from a gondola (ski lift?), and they redefine the term "room and board."
(Bed & Breakfast?) (or to "board" a ship, train, etc.?)

I found Betty's Igloo Bed & Breakfast in Nome, Alaska but didnt find anything to support the "gondola" part.

Have not researched it yet but try Telluride "to Hell you ride". Have not worked on this one yet but I would try Telluride first.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 04:56 pm
30. Tell us the name of the Main Street hotel where you'd hop on board but never say bon voyage. This "vessel" will never head out to sea, so don't worry about missing the boat

Any ideas at all?
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 05:00 pm
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
DesertRat wrote:
Yeah, I just bet you didnt use anything off of all the post that are on here. So dont try casting any stones. But like they say opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. Thanks for expressing yours Jeez.

And I for one, am not a dog and don't want a sniff either. lol !!!
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 05:01 pm
Re: #30
JRTAZ123 wrote:
30. Tell us the name of the Main Street hotel where you'd hop on board but never say bon voyage. This "vessel" will never head out to sea, so don't worry about missing the boat

Any ideas at all?

I thought it was the Queen Mary, but now not sure, the main street doesn't quite match up with anything that I have researched. This is another stumper!
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:30 pm
stumper!!!!!!!!
Yeah it's a real stumper. A few of them are difficult. Right now my team and I are working on questions 30-39. Many of these have become difficult for us to figure out. Any help anyone?
0 Replies

Madtine

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:03 pm
Well you guys are helping me out alot--Thank you very much!! I've been to the Marlboro Ranch already and I'm ready to go back!!!!
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:25 pm
Madtine
When did you go to the ranch? I've been there also and I can't wait to go back. Wonder if you went the same time I did or not. Smile You having any luck answering the questions? I think we are doing well. We are still missing some of the answers but we'll get them. And with any luck we may meet at the ranch if we haven't already.
0 Replies