Help needed with Marlboro contest question

DiamondDust1975

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 01:03 pm
Some answers
Teddy, for # 7 I have Trail Ridge Rd. Mt Evans California, in which I think is The Mount Evans Highway. Either that or the Highway is seperate from the Ridge Rd. If anyone can help out on that it would be greatly appreciated. I think what I have so far matches what is here but I will look again and repost if I have to. All you people are great... and GL I hope to at least make it to the Ranch and see you all there... chances are slim for me with my luck, but if I don't I at least feel better know I am helping someone get there....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 01:27 pm
Re: Some answers
DiamondDust1975 wrote:
Teddy, for # 7 I have Trail Ridge Rd. Mt Evans California, in which I think is The Mount Evans Highway. Either that or the Highway is seperate from the Ridge Rd. If anyone can help out on that it would be greatly appreciated. I think what I have so far matches what is here but I will look again and repost if I have to. All you people are great... and GL I hope to at least make it to the Ranch and see you all there... chances are slim for me with my luck, but if I don't I at least feel better know I am helping someone get there....

"Trail Ridge Road" in the Rocky Mountain National Park, is the highest paved continuous highway in the United States. It crosses the Continental Divide, and connects the East side of the park with the West side.

The "Mount Evans Scenic Byway" is the name of the road to the top of Mount Evans (Colorado), and it is the highest paved road in the US. It dead ends, of course, at the top of Mt. Evans. Construction began in 1917 and ended in 1927 (10 years).

Thus it seems the answer to #7 is "Mt. Evans."
0 Replies

DiamondDust1975

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 02:13 pm
God this is so much fun!!!
I was leaning in the Mount Evans direction anyway...lol... of for number 3 It seems to me it would be Taos NM and not Santa Fe, when I read the bio that was the biggest impression that I got. For number 2 I also feel it has to do with Rock. Mt. Oyster. For number 13 I am really unsure on this, so if someone could let me know if this Parachute jump has anything to do with White Sands, New Mexico??? Number 8, well, I think I am reading to much into it so do they want the name of the group or the National Park it is named after??? I am skipping some here and there but I have more answers and questionable ones too, so anyone who needs anything I will continue to try to help.... me casa u casa LOL
0 Replies

cowboymatt71

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 05:35 pm
next round of ? 8 thru out of 100
8. On a high desert plain, a Park's vegetation inspired the name of the hard rock head that sits empty among it all.

9.These 3.2 million pounds of accommodations bolted three blocks south of the mission Texans remember,

!0. With in 15 hundred verical feet of giant moguals, there's a california challenge way up in he sky that will make you feel like you're riding on gunpowder. Give us the name of sky run.

11. The base of the mountion in this Montana area look like a spring yard sale after the "jumpers" jump.

12. A roughly 5-mile run at the bottom of a chasm gets roughly one mile closier to standing still. about hoe high up would you have to meander to catch the sunrise?
0 Replies

DiamondDust1975

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:19 pm
Can someone help me with #66
I thought to use copper and gem as the state nicknames to try to find something, maybe I am not reading the clue right, but it is driving me crazy... any ideas? Confused
0 Replies

iagmott

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 07:44 pm
Re: Marb Quiz
This is great! I just got the kit and onlyt made it to number 2 before I hit the internet! Never expected to see all this. I appreciate the conversation and must say that however i get the answers from the internet is not cheating! Keep it all
0 Replies

DiamondDust1975

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 08:13 pm
Billy The Kid VS. Jessie James #35
Any idea about #35 choice of 2 and I am way to stumped on this one....??? Evil or Very Mad

also the same for #8 is it Headstone or Skull???
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:13 pm
Wow...Thanks! Interesting clues....Well see what I can come up with...lol
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:17 pm
I might have over did it, seems to be hitting on with a few others too. And on a personal note I liked your YIM profile. You sound like a very nice person. Which can also be seen by your helpfulness. Thanks again, Sherry
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:36 pm
13. Over 40 years ago, a record was set that still stands today. It involved a pressurized suit and 330 pounds of equipment, and began with an outdoor temperature at about 100 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. The sky above was black, and below the sky was blue. After a checklist of about 4t items, the descent began, hitting 614 miles per hour on the way down to the desert in what western state?

14. It's been a Lonely ridefor about 150 years from Pony to pavement to present day, and this highway won't let you forget it.

15. These winter digs are one Block away from a gondola, and they redefine the term "room and board."

16. In the open high plains of the Sagebrush State, a century has passed since its namesake date. While no one knows but a lonely few, its age is roughly 102. Give us the name of this well-aged bed and breakfast.
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:38 pm
Oops!!! That should have been 46 items. My mistake, please don't beat me, I won't do it again. - ooooh please. s.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:50 pm
Quote:
9.These 3.2 million pounds of accommodations bolted three blocks south of the mission Texans remember,

Ok, this is my wild guess....so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong...

3.2 million pounds of accomodations would refer to beef.....or Cattle

Bolted, I believe refers to either a stampede or a stockyard..in this case, I'm guessing stockyard...

and the mission Texans remeber, would be the Alamo...

So...I'm guessing the Old San Antonio Stockyard.....it was on the Chism Trail..and a major part of the old cowboy history.

Quote:
I might have over did it, seems to be hitting on with a few others too. And on a personal note I liked your YIM profile. You sound like a very nice person. Which can also be seen by your helpfulness. Thanks again, Sherry

LOL, you talking to me? LOL
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:55 pm
Maybe we both have lost our Marbles, but that is what I have. Golly I am so impressed, but, if we are both incorrect, I will feel a little stupid.

Yeh and that would be you. I made a copy of the "Invitation" I really related to it. I think I will make me a little plaque with it imprinted on it. (So I am a thief, hang me - but don't dang me) s.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:58 pm
Quote:
Maybe we both have lost our Marbles, but that is what I have. Golly I am so impressed, but, if we are both incorrect, I will feel a little stupid.

LOL, Well...it may be right then....

Quote:
Yeh and that would be you. I made a copy of the "Invitation" I really related to it. I think I will make me a little plaque with it imprinted on it.

Your most welcome....rotf
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 10:02 pm
P.S. I meant to ask you where Oachitaus is. I could research it, maybe, but today was a hard day and I have already found about 12 new answers plus put in a 14 hour day.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 10:28 pm
Quote:
16. In the open high plains of the Sagebrush State, a century has passed since its namesake date. While no one knows but a lonely few, its age is roughly 102. Give us the name of this well-aged bed and breakfast.

1906 House & Breakfast, located in Fallon, Nevada (Sagebrush State)
http://www.genoahouseinn.com/outwitthewest3.html

Quote:
.S. I meant to ask you where Oachitaus is.

The Oachitau's are located in Arkansas...and parts of Oklahoma, and I believe a bit of Texas...I'm kinda south central in the state..just at the foothills...lol

Quote:
14. It's been a Lonely ridefor about 150 years from Pony to pavement to present day, and this highway won't let you forget it.

Lonliest Highway in America, Hwy 50, that runs through the Nevada basin...Was once home to stations for the pony express....
http://www.xphomestation.com/nvsta.html

Ok...time for me to go to bed...lol, Was fun.............
0 Replies

DiamondDust1975

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 12:46 pm
3.2 Million pound accomodations
search Fairmount and you will find that this was once located some where else and then it was moved. Let me know if you need help finding it
0 Replies

cowboymatt71

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 02:29 am
copper & gem state Is idaho
0 Replies

aprilmae307

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 12:15 am
hmmm i gave up the answers that i have so far....
okay i was just reading through all the posts and here is what i have come up with -- please correct me if you think i am wrong -- but like many i prob. will not finish this thing -- between kids work and school i really dont have much time to finish -- or have anyone that i know that is over the age of 10 that could help me out lol

2. Rio Arriba County NM -- i looked up an artist that was inspired by skies flowers and skulls -- i cant remember the artists name but maybe if you google it like i did you will come up with verification

6. Terligua Tx -- (brewster county chili cookoff) EXTREMELY famous for texas chili

9. these 3.2 million pounds of accomodations bolted three blocks south of the mission texans remember..... being in tx this one seemed easy for me i came up with The Fairmount Hotel in San Antonio (the alamo) it is a 3.2 million pound hotel that was moved 3 blocks south of where it originally stood during the battle at the alamo

24. Great Salt Lake

25. Adrian TX (midpoint of Route 66)

26. here is what i think -- its virginia city nevada and nevada city california -- one day trip on the Amtrak, which is a government owned train

28. Tipton WY. i actually sat and watched a silent film for this one "The Great Train Robbery" (1903) which was said to be based on a true story about the actual robbery that took place in Tipton

29. HAHA -- i love this one and i actually made my mother look it up on her own -- she thought that the four corners was kansas, missouri, nebraska and illinois (obviously she is not a geography master lol)

well hope that will help someone -- good luck and if you have any comments on my answers please let me know thank you
0 Replies

lisac123

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:07 pm
Can anyone tell me, maybe a participant from last year #2 contest, if this is a Road trip following from town to town, or will it skip all over the WEST.
0 Replies