Help needed with Marlboro contest question

CTRISHA

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:00 pm
clue # 8
For clue #8, I have been going over this and over this and I have come up with U2 (who was inspired by Joshua Tree Park/Desert), and Gram Parsons (who was cremated in Joshua Tree desert). The part I don't get is the last part of the clue, "the name of the hard rock head that sits empty among it all".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I see you all have a ton of answers; I only have 3 definites, lol. I just started not too long ago, but if I can help anyone in anyway I sure will try.
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:26 pm
Re: help with marlboro
joegurl wrote:
#15 Is driving me crazy. It seems like it should be so easy but I have looked and looked. I am going to throw my ideas out there and see if someone else has any leads.

These winter digs (snowy?) are one Block (block of ice; igloo?) away from a gondola (ski lift?), and they redefine the term "room and board."
(Bed & Breakfast?) (or to "board" a ship, train, etc.?)

I found Betty's Igloo Bed & Breakfast in Nome, Alaska but didnt find anything to support the "gondola" part.

A gondola is also the passenger component of a Ferris wheel. I was looking for "something" one block away from a county fair or something.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:34 pm
Just wondering
what does a Ferris wheel have to do with winter digs? Winter digs is referring to a place to stay. Look up Colorado winter digs. See what you get there. Look for something in Veil Co area. Or even the Telluride area.
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:35 pm
Re: help with marlboro
CTRISHA wrote:
joegurl wrote:
#15 Is driving me crazy. It seems like it should be so easy but I have looked and looked. I am going to throw my ideas out there and see if someone else has any leads.

These winter digs (snowy?) are one Block (block of ice; igloo?) away from a gondola (ski lift?), and they redefine the term "room and board."
(Bed & Breakfast?) (or to "board" a ship, train, etc.?)

I found Betty's Igloo Bed & Breakfast in Nome, Alaska but didnt find anything to support the "gondola" part.

A gondola is also the passenger component of a Ferris wheel. I was looking for "something" one block away from a county fair or something.

I am still checking out "The Block" in Lake Tahoe -- not sure, but a possibility.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:46 pm
Good one Raido
Never thought of that!!!!!!!!!!! keep us informed please. I'm still looking in Colorado right now.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:55 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
Hi Gang,
These winter digs are one block away from a gondola, and they redefine the term "room and board".
They may be talking about a enclosed gondola for a ski resort, when they say redefine the term "room and board" it probaly because any accomodations you can get that close to the gondola ride would be expensive. As far as the term digs, they seem to be talking about lodgings that are not just one big hotel building but something like a hotel with a bunch of cottages.
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 11:55 pm
Hi everyone I am new here and I am all about helping and being helped. I have a 1 and 2 year old so my research time is limited I am the only one on my team looking for answers, everyone else thinks there is no way to win this. I have faith. but any way to show in good faith I am gonna post some of my answers to proove I am not a leach. 37 Stockyards 38 browns mill 47 hoover dam 48 rainbow bridge 50 us 151.
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:08 am
Re: Just wondering
JRTAZ123 wrote:
what does a Ferris wheel have to do with winter digs? Winter digs is referring to a place to stay. Look up Colorado winter digs. See what you get there. Look for something in Veil Co area. Or even the Telluride area.

Sorry, just trying to look up too many at once and my head is all jumbled.

Also, I dont know how to use this forum, so hope I am doing this right.
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:19 am
Re: Just wondering
CTRISHA wrote:
JRTAZ123 wrote:

Sorry, just trying to look up too many at once and my head is all jumbled.

Also, I dont know how to use this forum, so hope I am doing this right.

Ok, how about this ....
"Where is Heavenly located?
Heavenly is located on the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. Heavenly has four base lodges: Stagecoach and Boulder Lodges in Nevada, California Lodge off of Ski Run Boulevard and the Gondola at the Heavenly Village, located one block west of the state line."

http://www.skiheavenly.com/the_mountain/info/faqs/

What do you all think ?
0 Replies

pagepappy

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:29 am
Re: clue # 8
CTRISHA wrote:
For clue #8, I have been going over this and over this and I have come up with U2 (who was inspired by Joshua Tree Park/Desert), and Gram Parsons (who was cremated in Joshua Tree desert). The part I don't get is the last part of the clue, "the name of the hard rock head that sits empty among it all".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I see you all have a ton of answers; I only have 3 definites, lol. I just started not too long ago, but if I can help anyone in anyway I sure will try.

this is what I came up with, the (Gram Parsons thing) I think the thing that is bothering me the most is the clue says that "the hard rock head sits empty among it". I am thinking that it is the monument for Gram Parsons, because even though his friends cremated him there, his family took his ashes home. (making it "empty") Also about the album, it says "the most popular album", parsons had an album that says it is the most popular album ever, U2's album I think sold the most and ect.. It didn't say it was the most popular one. It also says on one of the links I read that Parson and his friends use to go the Joshua Tree National Park and use LSD and other drugs to get inspired. However, they did not name the album Joshua Tree. This is where I got confused. I have several other people researching both people and both albums to see which one fits best.

I know I didn't help much, but I am as confused about this as much as you are.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:31 am
Marlboro outwit the west
Here is a example of what i mean,
http://www.travelplan.com.au/resort.ski/id/1457

Steamboat Ski Resort has a enclosed gondola real close to several hotels
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:34 am
Re: clue # 8
pagepappy wrote:
CTRISHA wrote:

this is what I came up with, the (Gram Parsons thing) I think the thing that is bothering me the most is the clue says that "the hard rock head sits empty among it". I am thinking that it is the monument for Gram Parsons, because even though his friends cremated him there, his family took his ashes home. (making it "empty") Also about the album, it says "the most popular album", parsons had an album that says it is the most popular album ever, U2's album I think sold the most and ect.. It didn't say it was the most popular one. It also says on one of the links I read that Parson and his friends use to go the Joshua Tree National Park and use LSD and other drugs to get inspired. However, they did not name the album Joshua Tree. This is where I got confused. I have several other people researching both people and both albums to see which one fits best.

I know I didn't help much, but I am as confused about this as much as you are.

I know, the clues lead me to both Parsons and U2. I will keep researching and will let you know if I come with anything definite. Please let me know if you do as well. Thanks.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:42 am
Marlboro outwit the west
U2 - The Joshua Tree Album Cover- The Joshua Tree National Park - your looking for a rock formation in the park. The answer i got is Skull Rock.
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:45 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
DesertRat wrote:
U2 - The Joshua Tree Album Cover- The Joshua Tree National Park - your looking for a rock formation in the park. The answer i got is Skull Rock.

Ok, thanks DesertRat.
0 Replies

radioshaq1

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 06:57 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west
DesertRat wrote:

This is what I have as well. Looked at others, but this just fits the clue best.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 07:02 am
CTRISHA
Ctrisha,
I know I was doing the same thing. THat's why I was pointing it out. I didn't wnat you to be lead astray by looking at just one aspect of a question. Smile We are all here to help eachother out.
0 Replies

rrussoniello

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 10:04 am
#15...
OK everyone, for #15 I want to help since everyone here has been a great help to me. Someone was already on the right track.

"These winter digs are one Block away from a gondola, and they redefine the term "room and board"."

This is definitely "The Block" in South Lake Tohoe. Three reasons I am certain. First, "Block" is capitalized in the clue which means something in all of these clues when words are emphasized. Second, they are a "snow boarding" resort hence redefine "room and board". Last, I called them and there is a gondola within a block or so.

Just thought I would help out with my research.
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 11:24 am
This letter is to aprilmay307. I just wanted you to know that, the great train robbery is not the answer to question #28. The awnser is however
from the great train robbery.

In What Station was the locomotive scheduled to stop.
0 Replies

gallenm

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:39 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
Is it just a coinenceidence there's a man in the picture in clue #43?
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 12:48 pm
Give some help
Well I've gotten some help here from others. So I'll share some of my answers. I still need help with questions 30-41. So if anyone can offer some help on them that would be great. Smile

65) Guerra Texas

83) Echo Amphitheater

85) Las Cruces, New Mexico

89) Boot hill Grave yard tombstone AZ Lester Moore

96) Valley of Fire state park Nevada

I have many more answers I'll share if I can get some help on 30-41
0 Replies