Help needed with Marlboro contest question

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:39 pm
Yeah....what JRTAZ said!! LOL
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:40 pm
Should read before posting
I guess I really should read before I post things. LOL Sorry guys. Hey btw can you post the questions you are talking about? My book is falling apart from looking back to read all the questions you are talking about. Laughing Makes me crazy. I've lost 5 pages out of my book now. They are just hanging about the book it's only a matter of time before they are gone and I'll never find them Sad If not thats okay. Just thought I'd ask.
0 Replies

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:42 pm
I'm pretty confident about all my answers...except 12, 43, 44 & 71
Anybody wanna trade? Very Happy
0 Replies

imhooked

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:02 pm
ok, I already corrected my mistake on the halfway point. I meant the route 66 not being the one they are referring to in #39, but, hey, just my OPINION again. Forget it, I thought I would help, but see where it has gotten me. I decided to write because I thought everyone here seemed to be working together, nice, and I felt bad because I was reading and not contributing. I was originally afraid to risk being disqualified, and I let that fear go, but I do feel like I am being attacked. I may be reading too much into stuff, but that is ok. I thought I could help, but I guess not, keep looking for how many numbers route 66 is divided into, good luck! I am going to log off, have a great night, and I know I could have contributed. But, seems nobody wants to hear my opinions, and I am far from a stupid person and that is how you are making me feel.
0 Replies

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:10 pm
Imhooked....if you have something to contribute...then by all means do it. Others can't make you "feel stupid" unless you let them. I will say this though...whining will get you nowhere here. Sorry if that sounds mean...That's not my intent....but just read the post you just left. :::sniffle:::

For those of you that need it...On 71...check near Death Valley Park...not part of the park...but it has a shell.
0 Replies

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:19 pm
Correction...sorry...#78 for my last post..not 71
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:34 pm
LilSmokie wrote:

Well you are doing better than me. So why don't you lend me some help well not just me but others as well. I could use help on 32,39,40,60,61,78,79,87. I'm willing to trade 2 of my answers that you need for help on those 8. If you want to trade give me your email address and we'll do some trading. Smile If not well its okay someone else will take me up on the offer. But I do have 2 1/2 of those answers. One I have an answer to but haven't checked it out yet. But I do have some you need. So if I see your email address I'll know you want to trade.
0 Replies

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:44 pm
Hey Taz...sounds like a winner to me...I'm willing...how about your e-mail though...I'm sorta leery of posting my e-mail on here. I'll help ya in any way I can. Smile
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:56 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
SOMEONE ASKED ME IN EMAIL TO POST THIS FOR THEM, I GUESS THEY ARE HAVING TROUBLE POSTING SO HERE IT....
I wanted to post a BIG THANK YOU to you and all of the others who posted such helpful hints to all who read the forum. I don't want to be one of the leeches talked about, but I don't have all the answers and none of the very controversial and hard ones. I do however have some ideas I have found in endless searching that may or not be of help or of interest to you and the others. Some of these go way back on the forum so please bear with me....some may have already been hashed out to agreement so pardon my being late....it took some time to go through all of these posts.

I found the following site to be of some help to me..I thought I had the correct answer, then became Salton Sea was right, so I deleted my old answer. I am not so sure that the new answer is correct.....He does a state by state listing of things of interest........s....maybe you can use it too:
http://www.markwasson.com/trecommendations.htm

All of the following notes... which is a long list I know but this is my first chance to post .......are my thoughts which I came to believe because of research I did. If anyone has answers which they think are true, I am open for suggestions as to why they believe their answers. I don't want to offend anyone......I have read pages which held numerous posts of misunderstandings and accusations.....I know what someone meant when she said you can't write sarcasm into a post....except for the little smiley face icons....and some people can't figure out when another is joking or being sarcastic. So if anyone is upset with anything I post here, please email me.

Regarding Question No. 5.....about the dinoraurs......many have mentioned the Dinosaur Highway Monument, Museum...... however if you go by the wording on the clue, which says the highway is "overrun by dinosaurs suggesting where to stay. The answer I found involves dinosaurs which can be seen from the highway advertising a local Motel. the ones in the museum cannot be seen from the highway, that I can see, and do not advertise places to stay.

No. 14....Has anyone considered Hwy 36 .....the mention of Pony to pavement to present.....this is the Pony Express highway, I believe. just a thought.

No. 16...for anyone who may still have the Genoa House for the 102 year old Bed and Breakfast....their website tells us distinctly that they are not the one of the OWTW contest.

No. 28..someone mentioned Red Lodge as the train stop where the great train robbery took place......if you go to a site which tells the story....I even found one that showed the entire film......you will note that the stationmaster was ordered to stop the train at this station instead of the usual stop which was at Red Lodge....so that could not be the answer to this question.

No. 30....I have in my notes a ship that won't sail....The Ship Hotel in California....I did not save the website because I was leaning toward the Queen Mary. Might be worth investigating......or did anyone else come up with this hotel?

No. 37 - someone mentioned they had a long answer for this one......my answer, which I believe to be correct, is two words, including the word District, which is what they were asking for.

No. 74 - Thanks to Steph42 for her site for proof for me anyways about the dreded "step" controversy. in case you missed it, it is: www.colorado.com/static.php?file=fun_facts

No. 80 - Some have mentioned using the Spanish name for The Three Sisters Mountain......but considering the fact that they mention in the clue Acts and scenes written by an English author, I am going to use the English name.

No. 81 - someone suggested using the word "tatoos to get the answer Lombard Street tattoos. In my searching I came up with a mission at 3321 16th Street in San Francisco......I didn't keep the website on this one either, but I must have been thinking it was fairly good or I wouldn't have put it in my notebook. Maybe someone else could find a link. I remember an address I had seemed to have something to do with a Mormon group of travelers.

No. 88 - I must be Dora Dense, but I cannot get a connection to this clue with London Bridge Does anyone know if the "Western Winter Blast" clue that was given somewhere along the line is any good?

No. 98 - You will find the answer is Texas....as a native Texan transplanted to here in North Carolina, I have not only studied it in Texas schools for 12 years, but have visited both sites involved.....the battlefield and the survivor....

No. 100 - I have a different answer and mine was worded exactly as the clue given. In fact I believe I typed the exact words with commas in between details and this is what came up.

I am a 64-year old mother of 3, grandmother of 5 and am doing this to help my family....I am not a smoker but just love a good challenge...... I subscribe to 2 magazines devoted to puzzles and games which keep me busy.

Although I hate to admit it, being a native Texan and all, that I haven't figured out no. 91 the place with the 3-time champ, but in self defense I have been away from Texas for over 20 years......

I am in need of the usual dreaded stumpers and several others. Anyone who wishes to offer hints can email me at [email protected] And, yes, I are a clown.......hahaha.

Thanks so much......
0 Replies

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:18 pm
Ok Taz...I created an e-mail just for you...hit me up at [email protected]. I hope to hear from ya soon. Smile
0 Replies

KAREN1958

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:51 pm
Hi DesertRat,

I have for CLUE 24 (can we all please inclue #'s). I am sticking by my answer of The Great Salt Lake 100% I have read about the boats, birds, and the rivers flowing through.

#16 I never considered Genoa House and did see that posted on the web site plus age does not match.

No. 28..someone mentioned Red Lodge as the train stop where the great train robbery took place......if you go to a site which tells the story....I even found one that showed the entire film......you will note that the stationmaster was ordered to stop the train at this station instead of the USUAL STOP WHICH WAS AT RED LODGE....so that could not be the answer to this question, puzzled why not if it is the usual next stop than where????

Ok that is it for tonight...
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 10:11 pm
I was puzzled with the response to #28 also. I think he/she read the clue wrong.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 10:24 pm
Desertrat/mystery poster LOL

Regarding Question No. 5.....there is 1 line in this clue that concerns me. "seldom is heard an ENCOURAGING word from dinosaurs showing where to stay" (PARAPHRASED). So is it really talking about the dinos on the highway or is seldom a key word?

No. 81 - There is absolutely no doubt on this one. Tattoos is the way to go. Follow the addresses

No. 88 - The WWW in Havasu City is the best I have come up with

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 10:32 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
That was not my post, any comments or questions about it you can email that person. All i did was relay her message. Evidently shes having trouble posting here. So dont hassle the messenger or i will kick you with my ankle monitor.
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:01 pm
JRTAZ123 wrote:
LilSmokie wrote:

Well you are doing better than me. So why don't you lend me some help well not just me but others as well. I could use help on 32,39,40,60,61,78,79,87. I'm willing to trade 2 of my answers that you need for help on those 8. If you want to trade give me your email address and we'll do some trading. Smile If not well its okay someone else will take me up on the offer. But I do have 2 1/2 of those answers. One I have an answer to but haven't checked it out yet. But I do have some you need. So if I see your email address I'll know you want to trade.

JRATZ

I am going to try and work on one of the ones you are looking for here, I have seen you post a lot of help, so I want to help back. No trading needed. I will e-mail or post here if and when I get some clues, whichever way you want.
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:14 pm
lmao DesertRat--- i use the emaillink included in your message to talk to your Cyrano----
0 Replies

CrshN2mme

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:17 pm
definitely don't blame you...never hurts to be prepared. LOL...sounds like an ad for the boyscouts
0 Replies

CrshN2mme

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:31 pm
I have a comment to make on the post for clue 28 stating it is not Red Lodge. I think they are reading the clue wrong. The clue states the next scheduled stop not the demanded stop by the thieves. I think this should clear up the controversy. Any thoughts on this?
0 Replies

whitiepossum

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:36 pm
I'm willing to help ... I know, but seriously I am
People have helped me. I think because they see I put in a serious effort, or maybe they feel sorry for me cause I ain't that bright.

In either case, what comes around goes around. If you're in need of some coaching or direction I'm willing to help. You can likely help me too.

Like DesertRAT has said, "Four score and seven years ago, our".... no wait that was someone else.DesertRAT said (paraphased)"it gonna come down to q101" so if we can help each other until then, go for it!

[email protected] Shocked
0 Replies

CrshN2mme

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 11:38 pm
has anyone gotten any closer to 44. I have found something that fits but I have a problem with the last part "this here bar and restaurant" leading to believe it may be some kind of country saloon or honky tonk. Other than that the one I have fits pretty well. Actually it is the first place I found when researching and fits even if it is two places they are talking about. I am not 100% on this one but the closest I have come to it.
0 Replies