Help needed with Marlboro contest question

wickey

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 03:53 pm
I'm not following your reasoning between "halfway" and "midpoint". Everything at the website says if you've made it here youve made it halfway and to send a picture of the sign.

I agree with your thoughts on the Oregon Trail vs Mormon Trail
0 Replies

imhooked

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 04:09 pm
Yeah, you know, my mind went the wrong way, sorry about that, I have the picture, but for some reason in my mind I thought it was the halfway cafe, and I don't know, I just went dumb for a minute.

So, anyway, I am willing to help if you need it, here are the numbers I don't have, easier this way less numbers.

2-because I REALLY don't think it is RMOF, because there are like more than 10 of them. 12, 23, 24, 27, 30, 32, 35, 39, (and I think you are on the wrong track with it being route 66), 40, 43, 44, 55, 56, 60,61, 66, 75, 77, 87, 91

A lot of these, I just have some problems with the answers I came up with, because they don't completely fit, and the Statue can't "hang" his hat anywhere, so I think it is a real person.
0 Replies

Finesse

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 04:34 pm
Well, they weren't the same tie breaker for Outwit 1 and 2. And I'm pretty sure you got 30 words for Outwit 2 if those extra five words help you. :wink:
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 04:49 pm
imhooked wrote:

A lot of these, I just have some problems with the answers I came up with, because they don't completely fit, and the Statue can't "hang" his hat anywhere, so I think it is a real person.

Well of course he can't hang his hat literally, but a LOT of these clues are ambiguous at best.
0 Replies

imhooked

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 04:56 pm
Yeah I know, but they always completely fit after you find the real answer, and I think no matter how long or short, you "know" when it fits.
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:26 pm
Howdy ppl. Are ya'll havin fun yet? Very Happy I am still working on the same ? and getin no place fast.
0 Replies

whitiepossum

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:01 pm
This should help wickey
http://routesixty-six.blogspot.com/2006/08/mile-1139-need-picture-of-midpoint-of.html
WICKEY SAID
Quote:
I'm not following your reasoning between "halfway" and "midpoint". Everything at the website says if you've made it here youve made it halfway and to send a picture of the sign.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:07 pm
Quote:
Yeah I know, but they always completely fit after you find the real answer, and I think no matter how long or short, you "know" when it fits.

Well if "home is where you hang your hat" this one fits also. Just my opinion.
0 Replies

ladyrev

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:10 pm
Hey Pagepappy ----- I might be assuming, but I am making a guess that the ranch clue you referred to was the one I gave you in an e-mail ----- sorry it wasn't enough, but I have yet to just spit out an answer ----- I had to work off of clues to find mine and they need to be researched anyway ----- I did say that it is in Texas, and that it is a cattle ranch ---- while their may be many more than one cattle ranch in Texas it is a start and didn't realize that it would cause such a "beef". Sorry you weren't able to find it Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:14 pm
whitiepossum wrote:
This should help wickey
http://routesixty-six.blogspot.com/2006/08/mile-1139-need-picture-of-midpoint-of.html
WICKEY SAID
Quote:

I know possom! I've had my picture of the sign in Adrian for a long time, but the other poster felt that was the wrong answer and I was trying to make sure I had it right.

Golly, I have enough trouble with the hard ones, I hated to find out I had an easy one wrong!!! Laughing
But thanx for the link.
0 Replies

whitiepossum

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:33 pm
I try to help
See. everytime I try to help someone here I am too late. Nobody ever needs my help. I am begining to feel useless. I was going to post the answer to 44 but I know you all have it already and have figured that out to. So never mind.
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:50 pm
Whitipossum...you arent too late on that one post away.... Very Happy
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:51 pm
Whitipossum...you arent too late on that one post away.... Very Happy I can almost promice that this forum will fall in love with you.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:56 pm
Hi folks. I'm just getting started on this, we moved and our mail is just catching up to us. I hope you don't mind if I add my 2 cents in on a couple of questions. For #27 I'm leaning towards the Mormon Trail, it references the Big Mountain Pass and the next stop west of the mountains. Also, I found a reference of land being purchased for $5.00 per acre. For #39 someone posted that they thought that Rt. 66 didn't fit, but the clue mentions how it became the "mother of'em all" which has to be Rt. 66. My problem is are they looking for the interstates, which would be a small number of roads, or all the state and local roads that now follow the original highway? This could be dozens of roads. I've only got a few answered right now and as soon as I find which box the movers put my DVD player I'll look at those clues. If i get anything anyone can use I'll be happy to share. Good luck to all, and I hope to meet all of you at the ranch.
0 Replies

whitiepossum

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:00 pm
I meant I was gonna share #4. Did I say #44? My mistake.

Sorry for stuttering my number. LOL
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:05 pm
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad oh what a cuel cruel world..LOL RE #44-----#4
0 Replies

imhooked

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:08 pm
I have my reasons for thinking the way I think, especially about the route 66 one, but, it seems that when I voice my opinion others come back at me, I understand that a LOT of you think that the hang your hat one can refer to that, and that is your opinion, I was just stating mine. I am not putting that answer down until I have completely ruled out any other "big man" with a "big hat" I am pretty sure when I find it, it will jump out at me.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:29 pm
Re: Hey
imhooked wrote:

Second, I think most people have #25 wrong, they are thinking the halfway point of Route 66, because that is called Midpoint in Adrian TX, but, halfway is the key, not midpoint.
quote]

Dear if you look at the question....
At 1139 you'd be halfway there. Send us a photo of the sign proving it

1139 is 1/2 way between the two. Read it. You have 1139 miles <to> to the other town. That makes it halfway. It makes no difference if its 1/2 way or midway. The meaning f midway is... 1. in the middle of the way or distance; halfway Making it 1/2 way. So as you can see we have put some thought into that question. I have at least. I'm sure the others have as well.
0 Replies

LilSmokie

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:31 pm
Ok lets just put our beers on the table for 44...
Here's a few I have been checking into...lets see what ya all found.
I'm still really lost...I have a slew of answers though...and will trade for the RIGHT one for 44.

http://www.brewersofindianaguild.com/education-HISTORY.html

http://www.lagunitas.com/beers/index.html

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers.html

http://www.squatters.com/beers/

http://www.coloradobeernews.com/craft_lager_festival_on_tap_in_manitou

Also...Rat...check your mail for info on 27.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:34 pm
Re: I try to help
whitiepossum wrote:
See. everytime I try to help someone here I am too late. Nobody ever needs my help. I am begining to feel useless. I was going to post the answer to 44 but I know you all have it already and have figured that out to. So never mind.

I DON'T HAVE 44 YET HELP ME HELP ME FEEL FREE TO HLEP ME. [/i][/u]
0 Replies