Help needed with Marlboro contest question

DesertRat

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:13 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
How about we locate PENNY lock her in the LIGHTHOUSE and make her tell us where the BAR&RESTAURANT is so we can get HEAD over HINDQUARTERS drunk. EIEIO
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:18 pm
http://www.isu.edu/%7Etrinmich/00.n.barlowroad.html my problem with this --- the next stop west of the mountains---- would be the same answer i have for 64
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:19 pm
yeehaw-- lol i am there! Razz
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:21 pm
or would 27 be WV and 64 OC
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:36 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
64- follow the gold rush trail from st joseph, mo and see where it leads you
0 Replies

toots3928

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:37 pm
i sure will miss u guys and gals. see u in a week! have fun and good luck!
0 Replies

KAREN1958

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 09:51 pm
I have 4 questions to go and of course the hardest ones and I hope to finish tomorrow.... Everyone on this board has been really kind and nice. I have not been or heard of any prior contest that Marlboro had so this is a first for me. Does anyone know if Marlboro will post the correct answers to this quiz as I am sure everyone including myself would like to know the real answers.....

Good Night everyone!

Karen

Very Happy
0 Replies

CTRISHA

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 10:35 pm
Me again
Hi all, me again. I did not get a reply earlier, so I am going to ask again. I have all day off tomorrow, and would like to help contribute something becuase I have used quite a few clues here. I have a TON to go, but I want to work on one of the ones you all havent figured out yet in hopes of contributing "something". The thing is I dont see a refernce number to anything specific in the past few pages and I dont have time to go through all of these posts tonight. I could do it tomorrow, but I would rather spend the time researching. So, for anyone who has contributed here and wants help on something, give me a number or two to start looking up.

I will check back in the morning. Good night everyone. Shocked This is me going from site to site and evetually forgetting what I was looking for in the first place !
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 10:56 pm
Ok I am not going to get all riled up over this cuz I know what the woman told me about the arrest thing. I called because 20 years ago a team member of mine got in trouble, I was really wondering if I was wasting my time doing this cuz I already sent the name in. I called and asked "What if someone on your team was arrested she broke in and said it doesnt matter. I said but what if it was for she broke in again and said it doesnt matter, she said ANYONE can do the contest and win and they can go to the ranch ANYONE except those who have won befor. She refered to OWTW 1 and 2. If you dont believe me call them. It really doesnt matter to me. I know what she said and those who are telling others to believe them and just give it up that you cant go because of jail or fellonies is only wanting you to quit. Well thats the way I see it. I also made a joke and said what if you live close enough and have an ankle monitor on, she said well if they are physically able to be here then they can go. She was nice and answeres all the questions I had. Also they have no idea how many booklets were sent out it was a random computer thing and marlboro didnt inform them of a certain number. She also said previous winners problably got a few of the books but they are still not able to win this year, she knew that because she recieved a few calls from previous winners and she had to tell them it was pointless unless they just wanted to learn more stuff. And I am done defending myself about this. As we say in these forums "GO CHECK IT OUT"
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 11:19 pm
Marlboro outwit the west
Ohhhhh now you tell me. No matter i was gonna saw off my ankle monitor and strap it to my dog while i was gone then just put it back on with some superglue when i got back. Well good Night All.
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 11:20 pm
ooh you are a funny rat Very Happy I will see you later rat.
0 Replies

ewok723

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 12:04 am
JR I meant she.. yea that the ticket.. it was a typo!!! LOL. In my last post I forgot to include Brain (Sorry about that) but want to thank you to for your great posts and humor too. Anyway, If I do get to the ranch.. I'll be the cross eyed, numb butt, wearing a snarling happy face TShrit and Saying "isn't that special" with a southern accent.... Just so you know!! :wink:
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:45 am
Re: Marlboro outwit the west

My problem with this one is the question says multi state this trail only goes through oregon. Thats my hang up.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:57 am
pattiness
pattiness You seem to have a good amount of answers. Now the OC part of your clue I can understand. But the WV I don't. I still have a few questions left to answer and I've been having a hard time getting help on some of them. I think I'll go back through my emails and check them out. Than I'll go bach through the posts and read them. Than I'll do some more looking on my own. I have the following left to answer.

87, 78, 71,64,63, 61, 60, 44, 40, 39, 32, 27, 19, 15,

Any help at all would be great. Just a hint in the correct dirrection please and TY!!! Smile
0 Replies

Finesse

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 07:52 am
Angel, I hate to tell you this, but you can probably call Marlboro back and ask the same question to a different person and get a different answer from them. That happens all the time that people post they call and get different answers to the same questions. I saw it in black and white in the rules to another promotion I received to win a trip to the ranch. A felony conviction within five years will disqualify you from going to the ranch. Those same rules applied in OWTW2 and I doubt they have changed them. If you make the Top 20 and don't get to go to the ranch, your team will each get a check for the value of the ranch trip. And I'm not telling you this just to get people to quit the contest because you don't have to go to the ranch to still win this contest.
0 Replies

coondog

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 08:38 am
GOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD MOOOOOOORNING... LOOOOOOOOOSERS!!!!!!! Just kidding...... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:20 am
Ranch
Assuming that that person will no be able to go to the ranch that doesn't mean that they are not allowed to play the game. You don't have to go to the ranch to play or even win the game. That would just mean that that person wouldn't get to go to the ranch. That's all it means. Why argue about something like this? I mean it does no good to anyone to sit here and whine and complane about this. Marlboro does have a rule about probation and stuff like that. That is because they do not want to be responsable for that person and trying to keep them from drinking or just taking off from the ranch. That is what we were told when we were there. I didn't win anything to go to the ranch so I was told I could go back in 18 months and its been nearly 18 months now. So I am not worried about me going. My friend was told that even though she got to go with me she didn't win anything and she could go back anytime. If you haven't been to the ranch before you are in for a great treat. It was the best time of my life. I loved it. So did my friend. I won't spoil the trip by telling ya'll what we did and all that stuff but trust me it was to die for. Very relaxing and just a great time. For the most part we all meet in Salt Lake City. You will know who is going to the ranch when you get there because we will all be in the smoking rooms. Smile That's the marb crew. Smile So lets stop worrying about who gets to go and what not because if we don't get the questions answered none of us will be going. The best we can do is answer the question and do our best to get them all finished and enjoy answering them. Worry not about what has not yet come about. Thats what I say. Smile
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:24 am
good day Winners- Laughing --- Jratz -- i am thinking OC for 64---- 27 i am still not sure-- because the clue capitalizes Big Mountain Pass--- and states "multi state bargain-" -- my email is [email protected]-- email me and we'll swap ideas Very Happy desert i am still cking last hint you gave me thank you
0 Replies

ar angel 06

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:39 am
Re: Ranch
JRTAZ123 wrote:
Assuming that that person will no be able to go to the ranch that doesn't mean that they are not allowed to play the game. You don't have to go to the ranch to play or even win the game. That would just mean that that person wouldn't get to go to the ranch. That's all it means. Why argue about something like this? I mean it does no good to anyone to sit here and whine and complane about this. Marlboro does have a rule about probation and stuff like that. That is because they do not want to be responsable for that person and trying to keep them from drinking or just taking off from the ranch. That is what we were told when we were there. I didn't win anything to go to the ranch so I was told I could go back in 18 months and its been nearly 18 months now. So I am not worried about me going. My friend was told that even though she got to go with me she didn't win anything and she could go back anytime. If you haven't been to the ranch before you are in for a great treat. It was the best time of my life. I loved it. So did my friend. I won't spoil the trip by telling ya'll what we did and all that stuff but trust me it was to die for. Very relaxing and just a great time. For the most part we all meet in Salt Lake City. You will know who is going to the ranch when you get there because we will all be in the smoking rooms. Smile That's the marb crew. Smile So lets stop worrying about who gets to go and what not because if we don't get the questions answered none of us will be going. The best we can do is answer the question and do our best to get them all finished and enjoy answering them. Worry not about what has not yet come about. Thats what I say. Smile

I've also been to the Ranch and recieved the same information which is why I said it before. I'm certainly not trying to get people to quit, thats just terrible. I was simply stating the truth. And it is true, you can call them again and will get a competely different answer! We called 3 times in one day just to see and everytime we got a different answer to the EXACT same question. They don't inform their employees about it much because they aren't the ones running the contest, D.L. Blair, Inc. is. They comeup with the questions, print the books, and mail them out. When you are filling out all the paperwork to go to the ranch it is all through DLB , not marlboro. Marlboro has nothing to do with it until it comes time to go to the ranch. The Ranch is awesome! Its so much fun there, and all the workers are extremely nice. And you will definately know whos going to the ranch, when we went they gave us all hats to wear so we all looked alike. Laughing

Anyway, I'm done with this. I don't care who wins, who gets to go to the Ranch etc. I would LOVE to go back, but I'm not going to be so cruel that I would try to scam people out of even trying to get there. I think the ranch is a wonderful experience that anyone and everyone should get to experience. Smile
0 Replies

DesertRat

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 09:43 am
Marlboro outwit the west
I been thinking about the multi-state part of it, after reading that only california and missouri were states at the time and the rest were territorys makes me wonder. Maybe we can get some other insight on it from the rest of the folks here.
0 Replies