Help needed with Marlboro contest question

wickey

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 11:37 pm
Hi Karen, You've been very helpful, but you have so many more than I do that I didnt feel I had anything to offer.

BUT re-think that bridge if you are thinking earthquake & fire.

"The GGB opened to vehicular traffic on May 28, 1937 at twelve o'clock noon, ahead of schedule and under budget, when President Franklin D. Roosevelt pressed a telegraph key in the White House announcing the event"
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 11:41 pm
Re: #88
pagepappy wrote:
steph42 wrote:
#88 try this site maybe it will help

http://history1900s.about.com/cs/sfearthquake/index.htm

I thought this was it also for this one but someone on another web site told me it wasn't because the bridge wan't built until 1937. all hints i have heard are about "london Bridges" which i do not get. can anyone explain or give me a better clue for # 88

i also have found the answer to #71. If I am thinking right, it is by the montana rail link???? anyone else have this

That's all I can come up with for #71. Don't feel real good about it but it fits.
0 Replies

HankHillinLV

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 03:39 am
Re: Questions I still have to find
closelee wrote:
#71 Bonnie's outlaw partner is the park you are looking for Jartaz123

can you give a hint or clue for 27

I have the same answer, but how do the lonely rails fit?

jrtaz123 email me

[email protected]
0 Replies

HankHillinLV

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 03:41 am
closelee wrote:

jrtaz123 email me

[email protected]
0 Replies

confused in KY

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 04:10 am
I know this is right, and when you find it, it will read almost word for word of the clue, it does have to do with the Bridge, and I don't expect to win, that's for sure, so I will give as many clues as I can. It's not Eastern but .................., Not summer but ..............and it's a BLAST.
0 Replies

pagepappy

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 06:05 am
HankHillinLV wrote:
closelee wrote:

jrtaz123 email me

[email protected]

if you look at the map it shoes the rail just a ways from the answer.
0 Replies

spiritchild

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 07:38 am
for # 44 i read somewhere that it has to do with the picture on the page but not the star. any ideas on this one?
and for # 43 i did not get a real brewery that makes beer.
0 Replies

megadoodle

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 07:55 am
[/QUOTE]What are we doing for #49? Wheels go around a mile at a time, at this Jewel in the desert. Tell us its name. ANY IDEAS? cuz right now I'm lost.
Quote:

i checked out a raceway for this one. it is known as the "jewel of the desert" and it has a one mile oval track.
its in AZ
hope this helps

I got the same answer!
0 Replies

coondog

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:09 am
Ok i'm back, i was off yesterday and did not hang around long but i see you all may have made a lil progress, i think?
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:38 am
Can anyone PLEASE give me just one tiny hint on a direction to go for
#44. I have spent so many hours.

JUST ONE WORD IS ALL I ASK. A name, a hint, a direction, a hint, a clue, ANYTHING!!! I'll do the work, I just cannot get going down the right road.
THE WEST IS LARGE AREA TO COVER! LOL

I have quite a few answered I would be glad to trade one. OR MORE!
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:42 am
pagepappy wrote:
HankHillinLV wrote:
closelee wrote:

jrtaz123 email me

[email protected]

if you look at the map it shoes the rail just a ways from the answer.

The map is what convinced me too, but I still can't understand the "lonely" part unless it's just isolation.
0 Replies

Finesse

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:42 am
Just my opinion, but this looks just like the forum last contest, more wrong answers being given out than right ones here. Either that, or my mind sure is not working in the same direction on a lot of these clues that the rest of your minds are.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:51 am
Finesse wrote:
Just my opinion, but this looks just like the forum last contest, more wrong answers being given out than right ones here. Either that, or my mind sure is not working in the same direction on a lot of these clues that the rest of your minds are.

I didn't play in the last one. This is my first experience. But I agree with you,,,I have seen some wrong answers given on a few intentionally.

I feel like why not just say NOTHING rather than lead someone astray.
I keep hoping surely when a person follows a false clue they can quickly see it goes nowhere.
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:35 am
spiritchild wrote:
for # 44 i read somewhere that it has to do with the picture on the page but not the star. any ideas on this one?
and for # 43 i did not get a real brewery that makes beer.

You know I noticed that with a few of the questions that was the case. I'm wondering if the name has someting to do with a key. Thre are 3 keys in the pic. Just a thought. Smile
0 Replies

JRTAZ123

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:39 am
wickey wrote:
Finesse wrote:

I didn't play in the last one. This is my first experience. But I agree with you,,,I have seen some wrong answers given on a few intentionally.

I feel like why not just say NOTHING rather than lead someone astray.
I keep hoping surely when a person follows a false clue they can quickly see it goes nowhere.

If I see a wrong answer posted I don't correct it. However if I am asked my opnion on the question I will give my honest opnion. I will give to the best I can the correct answer. I will not lead someone astray intentionally. I am not always the sharpest knife in the house but I do my best. Smile
0 Replies

KAREN1958

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:57 am
Wickey,

How did you get GGB what does that have to do with 4 days of fire and fog.

I read somewhere about the earthquake where it said 4 days of fire/fog
Just wondering.

Whoever gives the answer weather it is right or wrong you still have to research it!
0 Replies

mswafford74

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:59 am
So guys is it 71 that everyone says could be a false clue. I am so ------ confused now I really thought I was getting somewhere So Finesse I will just out right ask you is 71 the one you dont agree with and if so I could use a clue. If you dont want to say it out and out ill take it on my email., [email protected]. I will just take a clue it doesnt have to be an out right answer and 44 is killing me if anyone has anything
0 Replies

mswafford74

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:04 am
I have another question on 75 there is a no name, co and a no name creek, and no name tunnel, and no name canyon so how can we know if it is one of these and how exactly is it a wonder?Any one with an idea
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:12 am
Karen,

Pagepappy wrote concerning #88 I THOUGHT:
thought this was it also for this one but someone on another web site told me it wasn't because the bridge wan't built until 1937. all hints i have heard are about "london Bridges" which i do not get. can anyone explain or give me a better clue for # 88

Then you responded:Pagepappy, You need to do homework because the California Bridge was built way before 1937..... They are giving you incorrect answer

I was just responding to the info about the GGB date of completion.
0 Replies

wickey

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:16 am
mswafford74 wrote:
I have another question on 75 there is a no name, co and a no name creek, and no name tunnel, and no name canyon so how can we know if it is one of these and how exactly is it a wonder?Any one with an idea

I gave up on thinking "No Name" was going to be in the answer. There are just too many places with NoName as their name. A lot more than 4.
0 Replies