Help needed with Marlboro contest question

wickey

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:08 pm
QUOTE TRYING TO HELP: am going back into my research mode since there are some I am still missing. Check back with you all later and I hope it is not too late to join in with the fun you are having!!!

Welcome TTH! Yes this site has really come thru some changes. Some for the good some not so good!

I've been here a good while and I don't kid around much with the rest, but that's because the little time I have to spend here I have to be seriously studying and trying to figure these darn clues out. They have not been easy for me. I thought I had all but #44 but now I have learned I don't have #43 right.

BTW horsefarm you don't have it right either! LOL At least not according to several on another board that have found a small omnivore that is "cooked" au naturel - and is wanted by 3 different factions of people. And I don't think you would want to cook BF!! But different strokes for different folks. Anyway TTH welcome and good luck.
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:53 pm
wickey-

Found this:
AU NATUREL
'Au naturel' is a French term that refers to food in its natural state, not cooked or altered at all

Now I'm really confused.
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:55 pm
Does that mean it's something that's usually eaten raw?
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:08 pm
Now I'm three times as confused...
Webster's says:

Main Entry: au na·tu·rel
Pronunciation: "O-"na-t&-'rel, -"na-ch&-
Function: adjective
Etymology: French
1 : cooked or served plainly
2 a : being in natural style or condition b : NUDE
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 12:24 am
Trying to help, Hi I am glad that you decided to join in. I had to take a day off. Everything that I saw I identified it with that dang bar and restaurant. I grew up in a bar so I was thinking it would be kinda easy...NOT. I wasnt too worried about it till now, I am lost on this. I have researched my little butt off. I was thinking that it couldnt be a new dance floor cuz they scuffed it up some more. So I am guessing it would have to be a bar at least 15-20 years old to scuff it so bad that you would need to replace it, and then given time to scuff it some more, normal bars wouldnt have such dancing to where most people would wear shoes to scuff with , it would have to be a western bar with alot of dancing. I know you are all thinking "well duh" a bar with a wooden dance floor. oooh idea. I gotta go look up some more stuff. Good luck everyone..
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 01:47 am
Thanks for letting me join in. Angel1234, I hope you didn't misunderstand me about my earlier post. The one for clue #99. It seemed like you thought I was talking about #43. I have not researched #43 yet. I will let you know when I do. I will check back later since I am going back to researching.
0 Replies

russelhammond

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 07:01 am
Hello and good morning to ALL!! didn't do any research last night. went to the movies with my mom and saw THE DEPARTED. so if your brain needs a break go see the movie...AWESOME!!! I totally would see it again!!

now I'm off to homework...AGAIN!! I'll be back to check in tomorrow. Sunday nights are my nights to catch up on my tv shows..

good luck to everyone and have a happy day!! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:14 am
Good morning, everyone! Did anyone else go to bed as confused as I did last night?
0 Replies

russelhammond

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 01:32 pm
horsefarm wrote:
New question.... I need something that "sounds like" peace of mind.....I was preaching to my 19 year old and she told me I needed to loose that saying so I want to replace it with something that will still drive her nutz lol

how about "kiss my behind" that rhymes...LOL
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 01:38 pm
This Clue@#%^&$&blah blah raz taz so forth and so o
Goodday and hello to all! hope your all closer to finding this here clue, oh well it was a thought any way. Where is the wisdom that I am supposed to gain with age, or does this come after you are pushin daisy's. cause this clue is makin my last couple of hairs gray.
0 Replies

junebug

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 02:08 pm
Hi, All! I keep reading that people are posting something about a $25 check from Marlboro. Does anyone know what that is about? I didn't get a check from Marboro???? Color me confused....again!
0 Replies

jeez

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:27 pm
Hi,

The team captain automatically gets a check for $25 just for their time and effort getting the copies of the licenses together and mailing everything in.

I haven't received anything, yet, either. I thought it would probably come with the confirmation package that is supposed to arrive sometime after November 1.
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:30 pm
i called marlboro-- previously--- and during the conversation-- she said the checks will be sent out after our Team Registration papers were entered into the computer as elligable (sp?) -- i would agree with Jeez--- it'll come in november--if at all---
0 Replies

pattiness

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 06:31 pm
so how is everyone?it's my friday-- and the Housewives are on tonight---- so i'll be watching ...
0 Replies

russelhammond

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:07 pm
fried, fried, fired!! LOL
just wanted to say hi to everyone and wish you all a good night. it's 11pm in Ohio and it's time for me to shut off the computer.
I hope everyone is having good luck with their findings.
I'm still looking for 27, 32, 35, 43, 60, 66, and 71

2 months until our homework is due!!! the count down is on...LOL

don't forget to hang up your halloween decorations!!

talk to you later Very Happy
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:09 pm
Howdy peeps. This has been a very long weekend. Baled hay and cleaned the yard. Now its back to the clues.... I have a headach Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:11 pm
Nite russel Razz
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:13 pm
Something cool....I was just watching my fish...the background is a desert....lol The preist and the nuns are on it....U know the ones from the DVD... LOL thats funny
0 Replies

jeez

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:30 pm
I spent all day looking for some Mother in Arizona, but didn't find a thing. I still think that Chucky Cheese can't be right. I changed my answer to Kearney just for fun, 'cuz there's a whole lot of people buried there (it's a town, after all) and there must be at least seven handles! I looked for BWT (the wrong answer) for #99, but decided to stick with my Oscar Meyer Weinermobile, 'cuz that's just soooo cute. And now I'm chasing some desert rat that apparently they cook buck naked to make beer. Of course, I'm still looking for the testicles that they removed from that poor desert rat. :wink:

ROFLMAO
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:33 pm
jeez wrote:
I spent all day looking for some Mother in Arizona, but didn't find a thing. I still think that Chucky Cheese can't be right. I changed my answer to Kearney just for fun, 'cuz there's a whole lot of people buried there (it's a town, after all) and there must be at least seven handles! I looked for BWT (the wrong answer) for #99, but decided to stick with my Oscar Meyer Weinermobile, 'cuz that's just soooo cute. And now I'm chasing some desert rat that apparently they cook buck naked to make beer. Of course, I'm still looking for the testicles that they removed from that poor desert rat. :wink:

ROFLMAO

OK now my headach is realy bad lol Laughing
0 Replies