Help needed with Marlboro contest question

morgansmama

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:43 pm
twoxtwo wrote:
Will wonders never cease? You people have to be nuts! This is a contest not a fun fest. Don't you realize that by posting the answers for the slow ones cuts your chance of EVER going to the ranch?

These are hard riddles for a reason. To ELIMINATE those who cannot get the answers themselves. Don't you get it? If everyone has the same answers what makes you think that's a good thing? Do you think Marlboro is not aware of this forum and others?

And those of you who have been foolish enough to post personal info - you are already eliminated. BANK ON IT!!

If you need a chat forum for friends, this is not it. The idea of Outwit The West was to make the riddles hard enough that only those who were bright enough to get the answer would qualify. Now all those who don't have a clue how to solve a riddle comes on this site and posts all the numbers they don't have and Bingo, some Bonked out person just lists the answers.
They're out of the game so why not just mess up everyone else's chance.
It isn't working people.

Phillip Morris and Marlboro associates are plugged in to these sites.It happened last year also, but never to this extent. This is insane, and will be the reason why there will probably never be another Outwit The West.
Or emails the answer to someone. A someone that will now be in the running to go to the ranch. A someone that would probably never even get past the first 50 clues.

So now it has been reduced to a random drawing instead of a skill test. And the person you so foolishly gave the answer to a tough one is very likely going to be pulled from the hat.

You have outwitted yourselves with you ridiculous chatter.

And a special welcome to you as well, twoxtwo.
0 Replies

angel1234

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:45 pm
twoxtwo if you as informed of the rules that you say you are then you know this is NOT against the rules. Call them you will see.
0 Replies

Starr

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:50 pm
morgansmama wrote:
Let's all be sure to welcome Starr, AKT ,and russelhammond if we haven't already. WELCOME ALL!

Thank you Morgansmama. I feel so welcome!
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:50 pm
morgansmama wrote:
twoxtwo wrote:
Will wonders never cease? You people have to be nuts! This is a contest not a fun fest. Don't you realize that by posting the answers for the slow ones cuts your chance of EVER going to the ranch?

These are hard riddles for a reason. To ELIMINATE those who cannot get the answers themselves. Don't you get it? If everyone has the same answers what makes you think that's a good thing? Do you think Marlboro is not aware of this forum and others?

And those of you who have been foolish enough to post personal info - you are already eliminated. BANK ON IT!!

If you need a chat forum for friends, this is not it. The idea of Outwit The West was to make the riddles hard enough that only those who were bright enough to get the answer would qualify. Now all those who don't have a clue how to solve a riddle comes on this site and posts all the numbers they don't have and Bingo, some Bonked out person just lists the answers.
It isn't working people.

Phillip Morris and Marlboro associates are plugged in to these sites.It happened last year also, but never to this extent. This is insane, and will be the reason why there will probably never be another Outwit The West.
Or emails the answer to someone. A someone that will now be in the running to go to the ranch. A someone that would probably never even get past the first 50 clues.

So now it has been reduced to a random drawing instead of a skill test. And the person you so foolishly gave the answer to a tough one is very likely going to be pulled from the hat.

And a special welcome to you as well, twoxtwo.

Oh Lordy! Are we back to this ol' tripe? I feel sorry for you 2x2, because see we happen to think this IS a fun fest (I'm haveing fun, how 'bout y'all?). I'm guessing you have a type a personality. If this forum offends you so, feel free to get stuffed. Sorry y'all, some people just get me so riled!
0 Replies

Cowgirly320

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:51 pm
twoxtwo wrote:

It isn't working people.

A big fat welcome to you also!!!

Just for the record, I think the majority of us do not condone posting (myself hints and answers) answers on this forum.
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:51 pm
Hi Starr, saw you after my last tirade, uh, post Laughing
0 Replies

toots3928

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:56 pm
hey everyone! i actually got a full time job today! yeah for my bank account Smile ....boo for researching Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Starr

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 12:59 pm
BONKERS wrote:
Hi Starr, saw you after my last tirade, uh, post Laughing

Hi Bonkers. I have been around for a little while, but I just got up the nerve to post, lol.

BTW, I know this question has already been discussed, but if anyone is following a trail other than the Mormon Trail for #27 I would like to throw something by you.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks
0 Replies

Starr

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:01 pm
toots3928 wrote:
hey everyone! i actually got a full time job today! yeah for my bank account Smile ....boo for researching Crying or Very sad

Congrats Toots! Very Happy I may get another job someday, but I have too many things to do right now.
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:01 pm
Hi russell,

I'm out because I have no team. They have not answered one question and so taa taa to me as they are too busy. Again this contest is not the end of the world. It's sad that some people are sooo desperate to go to the ranch that they will come to a forum and whine instead of paying for a vacation. OR that they really think they are gonna win a cool mil for sitting on their..donkey...gathering clues on the computer.SAD SAD SAD

OK sorry again, I re read 2x2's post and do ya think I was singled out? "some Bonked out person"? I didn't post answers just clues. appearantley wrong ones from everyone else's posts Laughing
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:02 pm
While I find the research I've been doing VERY educational, I have also discovered that unless you're playing solitaire, there's little fun to be had doing much anything alone. Since I found this forum, it has become A LOT of fun for me. I have to agree though (and I've said it before);Keep you hints for each other off the the board. If you're in doubt look at the number of views this site gets, as opposed to the number of members we have.
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:03 pm
WHOOO HOO Congrats toots, I'm happy for your bank account and your fridge. Although, your computer will be lonely. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:04 pm
You can do that, if you don't know (I found it by accident), by clicking on any member's username.
0 Replies

AKT

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:05 pm
Thanks
Thanks for the welcome. I am clueless on 2 40 43 60 87 and 91, questionable on about 4 others, but as I said will be glad to try to help.
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:07 pm
Well pooh! I'm sorry AGAIN! I didn't realize that we were to email hints too. My bad, I was just happy that I had some answers for someone to research. Again they were different than what everyone else has sothey may not be right. Forgive me, morgansmamma?

I'll even do 50 "I'm not worthys" for ya! Laughing
0 Replies

MissKitty

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:07 pm
LOL@ twoxtwo

Guess that person wasn't around for OWTW2...because there were FAR MORE BOARDS for that one than there is now.

Anyone hear of outwitthewest.net? That was THE place to be. The chica who won last year was on that board AS WELL AS the achilles website.

So while that person digs their underwear out of their hiney, let's have a moment of silence in respect.

Ok, resume normal activities.
0 Replies

toots3928

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:08 pm
BONKERS wrote:
WHOOO HOO Congrats toots, I'm happy for your bank account and your fridge. Although, your computer will be lonely. Crying or Very sad

thanks everyone! not only my computer but my poor puppy dog too Sad . this makes one part time job, which i don't want to give up, and one full time job. this contest is a full time job in itself. whatever ia a girl to do? Cool
0 Replies

BONKERS

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:09 pm
LOL Miss Kitty! You must be from Texas! That was a much better response than my tirade! roflmao!!! :wink:
0 Replies

morgansmama

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:17 pm
BONKERS wrote:
Well pooh! I'm sorry AGAIN! I didn't realize that we were to email hints too. My bad, I was just happy that I had some answers for someone to research. Again they were different than what everyone else has sothey may not be right. Forgive me, morgansmamma?

I don't think anyone's gonna hold it against you, BONKERS. All is forgiven on my end.
0 Replies

Starr

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 01:19 pm
BONKERS wrote:

I'll even do 50 "I'm not worthys" for ya! Laughing

Don't feel bad, I posted too, but we only posted hints and not direct answers Very Happy
0 Replies