Surprisingly entertaining

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:14 am
I have to confess to not being very motivated these days and was looking to tune out.

I happened upon Rockstar: Supernova. It was actually entertaining -- once you got past the rock 'n' roll posturing and the pseudo-hip conversation.

I thought all but one of the singers had real talent.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:52 pm
My niece stays with me one or two nights a week and she got me started on a couple of reality shows, this being one of them. I saw the last version with INXS and rather enjoyed it because they were part of my youth. I'm sure I will never buy (or even listen to) a SuperNova song in the future, but I like the competition. I'm routing for the woman from So. Africa. The little guy with all the makeup can sing and perform, but he reminds me of a munchkin. The blonde from Long Island has a nice voice, but I see her performing in the revial of "Hello Dolly" instead of fronting a rock band. The guy from Iceland has a chance. A couple of them have no charisma and I look forward to them being voted off in the near future.

I'm sure others are watching, but won't admit it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:58 am
GreenWitch -- I really liked Magni, the guy from Iceland. I also thought the Aussie was good but I agreed with Dave Navarro that he could have left the megaphone at home.

I probably won't buy any of their music either but it was nice to learn that Tommy Lee and Dave Navarro actually know a great deal about music.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 06:04 pm
There is something too soft about the Aussie. I think he needs a Hollywood makeover to give him a better chin line. I do like Magni, he has good stage presence. Actually, I think the only 3 seriously worth considering are Dalani (sp?)of So. Africa, the guy with the skunk hairdo and Magni. I think they could pick the woman, TLee is the attraction for the females so they don't need a sexy front man.

TLee & DaveN have been in the business a long time and despite their "let's just have fun" face they show the world, I think they are shrewd
businessmen who know their craft.

No tears shed by me over the two that went home.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 06:31 pm
Greenwitch -- I don't know which two left but my daughter told me that Navarro has always been a terrific musician . . . she plays 8 instruments herself but says her husband is a better musician than she.
0 Replies