Trying to figure out the name of a show

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 10:37 am
I remembered watching a show when I was younger and have just been reminded of its vague concept. However, I can't remember its name, meaning I can't find out what happened to it.

The show's premise involved either a girl or a boy (I can't remember which!), who, one day, sees a guy on a television set in an electronics store beckon to her. She goes over and suddenly finds herself sucked into the television and participating in some strange gameshow, where the objective is to find three miscellaneous objects scattered across her town before the bizarre clock in the shopping mall next strikes.

He/she's then finds his/herself back in her town and goes off to find the stuff.

The plot revolves around him/her and the bizarre world in which the gameshow is hosted, which apparently is in some other-wordly dimension right next to a huge barrier that has something to do with time.

The plot goes that the missing objects the hero/heroine is trying to find are objects which slipped through holes in time, and eventually the plot involves the bizarre clock which resembles this faceless guy in a suit on a drumkit.

I think the show's Australian, but I can't remember what it's called or on which television channel it aired. I watched this show in the UK, by the way.

Any help with identifying this bizarre show is greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 753 • Replies: 9
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 01:48 pm
Re: Trying to figure out the name of a show
Hi there,

There was a series called 'timeslip' according to my web search.
Apparently there were about 28 episodes, but the three I read about didn't carry your story line, though they were similar in some respects.
Good hunting!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 04:34 am
Re: Trying to figure out the name of a show
rhymer wrote:
Hi there,

There was a series called 'timeslip' according to my web search.
Apparently there were about 28 episodes, but the three I read about didn't carry your story line, though they were similar in some respects.
Good hunting!

Nope, that doesn't sound like it at all. Thanks for the help, though.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 04:39 am
Was it a series or movie? How long ago?

Have asked the wife and she and I cant recall anything like this.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 05:25 am
dadpad wrote:
Was it a series or movie? How long ago?

Have asked the wife and she and I cant recall anything like this.

It was a series, I remember that much. There was also something about the plot being inextricably tied to the clock maker and the machine man in the clock. I remember that the "holes in time" got worse when the clock was removed from the mall.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 06:03 am
Sorry wolf not ringing any bells at all.
0 Replies

littledude

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 05:20 pm
Its called The Finder
hi guys, i know this might be helpful but i managed to find what that series was called, its called The Finder

http://www.australiantelevision.net/finder_eps.html

check the link out, and the plot should become familiar
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 11:22 am
Oh yeah, that's the one. I'm surprised there were only ten episodes, though and I don't remember being in that order. Still, that's the series alright.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 11:36 am
Having worked in the television industry I find the numbero one reason why shows don't last past 10 episodes is because they suck. Not to say this one sucked, mind you...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 04:02 am
It was based on a book, so I can only assume it lasted ten episodes because they'd already covered most of the story in the original book.
0 Replies