ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:50 pm
81 - feels like 81

this is brilliant! so much nicer without the humidity
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:59 pm
@Sturgis,
It's on its way across the Berkshires now and into so VT and So NH and then on to Beantown.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:02 pm
@Ragman,
You're a good man sending the storm all over the place!
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:04 pm
@Sturgis,
That's why I get those big bucks!
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
Just don't let their antlers hurt ya...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:06 pm
@Sturgis,
<groan>
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:14 pm
@Sturgis,
Oy!
glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:21 pm
@Ragman,
We are in the middle of a deluge right now. Heavy rain, flash flooding warnings and the grass is happy.
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Don't you hate it when the grass gets crabby!
glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 01:27 pm
@Ragman,
Hahahahahaha
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 03:40 pm
@glitterbag,
storm came on so quick, I took off from the tractor and when I went out after it was over, the damn thing was still idling.
I just got a real deal on a nice 3 year old John Deere at an auction and I was out cutting a pasture when the storm hit. The rig has a cab so I was listening to a book on tape till I started hearing what sounded like cannons.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 02:35 pm
@farmerman,
It began raining yesterday evening. During the night the winds kicked up and at some point knocked a few things off the windowsill, it was about then I awoke.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 04:09 pm
@Sturgis,
we lost grid power laat night hen the wind kicked up also. Ive lost 2 poplar trees in the woods so I made a tag trip there this afternoon just as the sky opened again.
Weve gotten 4.25" of rain in the last day, since yesterday noon till 4Pm today.AND it aint near done. We needed the rain the corn leaves in the the fields were starting to stand upright and roll up (a "corn" means to control evapotranspirqtion when it gets too dry). Today all the corn I looked at is once again ahowing the big ide and droopy leaves of a well watered crop. Its good cause the corn is just beginning to throw tassles.

We are expecting a week of on and off t storms and hail
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 04:39 pm
@farmerman,
When the corn is in season here in California, it's very sweet, and we can eat them without cooking them. Haven't had one of those in many a year. We've been lacking rain here too! We depend on the snowpack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains to provide us with water.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 04:46 pm
spitty rain started last night

it's been varying between spitty and drizzly since

feels good

a nice cool drizzle

everything outside is an intensely vivid green
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 04:57 pm
@ehBeth,
I like rain for many reasons beyond its cleansing. We're now on voluntary water conservation, but many in our neighborhood have green lawns while ours is brown. I'm thinking of having our small strip in front that used to be lawn into some design that uses a minimal amount of H2O. There are some good ideas in our neighborhood that I can use. The larger front yard has some vegetation that needs water, but we also have some potted plants.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:46 pm
108 degrees today (42.2 C) .
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 02:22 pm

... really???

https://i.imgur.com/VY0q9l8.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 02:27 pm
@Region Philbis,
Update: Not One But TWO Snowstorms Possible In The Next Several Days
Quote:
t looks like the snow schedule has been pushed up to TOMORROW (Thursday) NIGHT. Yes, two snows in about two days. It's all very exciting, I'm sure you will agree.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 07:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
I’m happy to live without snow where we live. Lived in Illinois for several years, and now live in Northern CA. Enjoy this climate in my retirement years. Used to drive to Lake Tahoe when we were much younger when we were partners on a 3 bedroom condo. When the kids lost interest, we sold our share. Haven’t seen snow for many years.
0 Replies