Stupid meteorology!

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:52 am
dlowan wrote:
What would we do without it - in that awkward moment, after the huge fight that shocked and appalled the assembled guests at the dinner party, ...

:-) Ooh, dinner AND a show! I do love the theater...
(No sense having peace and harmony when there are guests to entertain!)

Well, here the meteorottengy was just bleccchhhh. A little breeze kicked up around noon, but otherwise no fog or rain or snow or anything interesting at all. Just the sun. Again. The sun. Barely moving at all. Sterile and blank. I had to put sheets up on the windows just to keep all that blue sky from depressing me further. Finally I just went to bed.

But there's always a good side ... now it's 1AM and I'm ready for lunch! Nice cool breeze, and a few clouds passing in front of the stars! I can see forever, and it's so peaceful and languid I can hear cars from three miles away. I might drive up to the summit and go for a hike... The moon won't rise til 5am, so I could get a couple miles in before it gets light and the big commotion starts again.

I know this spot where if you sit for an hour, rabbit and deer and racoon walk right by, not two feet away. They don't walk like people do, but with savory exploration, acute senses and sharp thoughts, poking slowly and completely in the moment. They act and react, or just curl up and breath. They have time to be themselves. Time enough to live. Time enough to be.

Time flows better by the creek, I think, because our souls are made of water. It is better to flow. And the damp pine needles, the willows, the smells at night ... I sure wish it would rain!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:26 am
Dinner AND a Show??? I hope they didn't start throwing the crockery, drama and vaudeville don't mix.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:32 am
CodeBorg, you damn hippy. Why aren't you watching TV?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:33 am
Well, it's supposed to be a little cooler today. We'll wait and see, because the forecasters were off by more than ten degrees. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:51 am
Ah, your hills just finished turning brown alongside 680, didn't they, CI?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:56 am
For somebody that lives in Seattle, you sure know about our area's green-brown landscape. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:06 am
Used to live in Santa Cruz with family near Yosemite, so I know that 17-880-680-580-205 drive very, very well. Loved watching those hills change, then hitting the dusty, ugly (but very important) central valley, then climbing back up into the brown, rocky foothills of the Sierra Nevadas.... ahhhhhhh, Table Mountain...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:20 am
Warmer today and that big yellowy orange round thingie actually appeared. Got to open the sun roof and everything (oops, s*n roof).

Prolly about 70 today, though tomorrow is supposed to be - you guessed it - cooler.

El Stinko lives!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:24 am
70, though! That's something!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:29 pm
We can surely be happy when the good weather does make its way around....
today really is nice...the heats not on, the windows are open and I dont care if it rains dagnabit....its warm fercryinoutloud...the sun and or the warmth..at this point either one is nice
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:28 pm
today it only rained a tiny little bit. so far.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:32 pm
I thought Santa Cruz was the patron saint of low riders . . .
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:09 pm
Suddenly, it's sunny, but it won't be past today. Hmmm, I think it's due the weekend kicking in.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:22 pm
I'm turning the furnace off tomorrow, whether it warms up or not. I am not heating the house in June! I'M NOT !!!

<working with a sweatshirt over my office clothes ... friggin' office a/c>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 03:46 pm
Damn it! I'm looking out my window and, sure, enough, it's Friday afternoon and the clouds are rolling in. What the hell is wrong with this place?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:00 pm
FRI EVE FRI OVERNIGHT SATURDAY MORN SATURDAY AFTER

TEMP 16°C 12°C 12°C 14°C
COND Mainly cloudy Cloudy with showers Light rain Light rain
P.O.P. 30% 60% 70% 70%
WIND 10 km/hN 10 km/hNE 15 km/hNE 30 km/h N
HUMIDITY 54% 64% 89% 88%
RAIN - less than 1 mm close to 1 mm close to 1 mm

From Friday evening to Saturday evening we expect : close to 5 mm of rain
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:07 pm
today was hot and muggy. It's like the weather went from Late March to July over night. I just got caught in a late afternoon down pour.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:31 pm
As Brian said to the ex-leper after his half-dinari alms: "There's no pleasing some people."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:57 pm
We had a "cool" day in more ways than one. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 May, 2003 06:01 am
Cloudy again, kinda hazy.

ehBeth, here, let me email you a sweater.
0 Replies