@chai2,
90 on its own wouldn't be awful
90 with a humidex of 108 - not so nice
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2018 11:17 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Considering where I live....in July. Actually, here September is the hottest month.

it's the same here
we're def worried about what's coming
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 08:05 pm
@ehBeth,
I did not know that about the Great North. I know in AUgust and Sept, the fog lets up in Downeas' Maine.
I recalll doing mining work in Fla and the summers were hot an riny but there was always a breeze shoreward. Come Sept, the wind just stopped . 'OY DID VE SCHVITZ!!.

I actually never minded the hotter and dryer Calif Valley . The only time I hated the Valley was in the Fall and early "winter" when we had fogs that were like something out of Stephen King.

All in all, I like Pa the best though, we never hve ANY extreme anything in weather. Hurricanes are blunted by Delmarva and New Jersey, winters are modified by the Chesapeake Bay , Hot summers are modified by the Hills, and we hqve glorious autumns.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 01:17 pm
@farmerman,
Yes. You do have glorious autumns. When we travel that way, we like to visit during the fall months.
We live in Sunnyvale, CA, and it's considered one of the safest cities in the US. Kind of dull for the younger generation, but it offers them lots of job opportunities. It's an easy trip to San Francisco, the Sierra Nevada Mountains, or the Pacific Ocean. The climate is rather mild, so it's good for us seniors.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 02:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
you ever drive from Sacto to Bakersfield??? I hd to many times in the late Autumn. It was smoggy for almost 3 months strait and the air smelled like burning grass, as the farms burned off the rice straw.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 02:24 pm
@farmerman,
I'm sure I've driven from Sacramento to Los Angeles passing through Bakersfield. But that was about five lifetimes ago when I lived in Sacramento. Since that time, I've lived in Chicago, Naperville, Travis AFB in CA, Ben Guerir AFB in Morocco, Walker AFB in New Mexico, Oakland, Berkeley, and now in Sunnyvale, CA.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 02:31 pm
awesome God's bowling balls thunder happening right now

where is the rain?

we need the rain so the humidity will drop and I can stop glowing
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 06:10 pm
@ehBeth,
82F, feels like 95

humidity hasn't dropped much yet

the rain seems to be all around us - the sky is dark and it's still rumbling intermittently but the promised rain .... just tiny spits
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 06:14 pm
@ehBeth,

76°F & 83% H here.

A/C's are workin' overtime...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 06:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
heading into the most horrible part of the year for me - when the night time temps are within 3 or 4 degrees of the daytime temps. I need it to cool off a bit for good sleeping.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I remember trying to sleep in humid summer nights when I was a child, the sheets stick to your skin and you keep flipping that damned pillow to find the cool side.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:31 pm
@glitterbag,
That's why you should have a hammock. Air flows under you and keeps sweat to a minimum as the excess drops off to the ground/floor/person below.

Th humidity here and right now is the sickening sort - the type that has an odor of year and moisture.

Weather clown earlier commented we have been running 2.9 degrees above the normal for the month.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
@ehBeth,
after midnight

73F
feels like 90

humidity has gone up to 89%

my glow is glowing
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 04:12 am
@ehBeth,
we always punch in like 70 degrees (F) when its too dam hot and just sit around watching Longmire or stream old Father Brown mysteries
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:28 am
@farmerman,
Temps here at the lakeside home (not far from Catskills) in upstate NY is quite sultry and soupy while we wait for impending storm to give us some much needed rains.

We've become a big fan (both Maxine and I and now family and friends) . I think we're past season 2 now and in a week or so we'll have been caught up.

Before this it was binge-watching Suits (Meghan Markle of the Brit Royalty fame). Got caught up in watching Shetlands and fantastic Scottish police detective series.

The latest gem is Kim's Convenience, a CBC production of a Toronto-based sitcoms involving Korean-Canadian family...who run a convenience store ... and his family ... that is very charming as well as funny as hell.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 10:07 am
@Ragman,

didn't get very far lunchtime -- downtown bahstin is brutal...

88°F + 62% H = feels like 96
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
We were just at a sticky 82-83 deg F before the T-storms hit us. It got rolling pretty well here for about nan hour but is tapering off and steady rain now. It left us at about 69 deg.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:40 pm
@Ragman,
Rain is currently drenching everything and cascading off the roof edges and awnings.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:49 pm
@Sturgis,
you got my rain? Sad
Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Blame Ragman! He had it before we got it and must have sent it south instead of north.