Spirituality...Is it for you??

carrie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 07:52 am
I've been thinking about spells, ghosts, auras, channeling and other such 'mystical' things, and was wondering what views people hold on the subject?

I have many many spiritual experiences, am an atheist with a sway towards Buddhism, and whole heartedly believe in ghosts and spiritual energy, auras etc...I do readings and love energy work...

I would love to find out whether other people actually encounter these things in their day to day lives as I do...

Just curious, no can of worms going to pop out of this lil' lady!

Thanks,

Carrie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,570 • Replies: 54
No top replies

satt fs

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 08:21 am
I have no data for talking about ghosts or others. But I can tell about experiences of hearing music in my mind, which I have never heard before.
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 09:00 am
Do you write your own music?

Beautiful!
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 04:01 am
Any good stories then? :-) :-)
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 04:08 am
Clearly there must be a musical ideal which I do not compose but hear in my mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 04:16 am
And verily, i say unto thee, if thou art willing to buy this hoorah, hast thou considered investment in real estate in Florida? I have a lovely prospectus for thee on lake front property thou couldst aquire for a song . . . so to speak . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:38 pm
I'm curious. What does a sixth sense have to do with spirituality?
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:47 pm
Setanta my friend if you'll look at the vote so far you'll see you're in the minority. This is, as I realize, no proof of the right or wrong of believing it to be real. Except that I've had some really unusual events occur and the only answer I can come up with is ESP. It's so rare that I don't think I'm gifted but I must admit it's happened.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:52 pm
Be sure to pm me with your address as well, Bobsmyth, just got a new batch of flyers from the printers, and i'll be happy to send you some . . . and if you think you'd prefer a bridge, i'm sure i can accomodate that, too . . .
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 03:02 pm
LOL. If that's the bridge I'm thinking of I already bought it. How'd you get the deed? Been going though my papers? Or do you have ESP?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 03:20 pm
I am an atheist.
I do not believe in ghosts.
I DO believe that there are skills, that might be put in the category of "spiritual" that humans have that we know little of.................yet!
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 04:46 am
The sixth sense I feel is us tapping in to the more subtle energies around us, and the fine tuning of this can lead to ESP etc etc...this is why I made the link with spirituality...I agree that humans must ahve skills that nobody knows about, adn we do after all barely even use 10% of our brains..I mean I think Einstein only used something like 25%..can you imagine what our minds are capable of!!

Phoenix - why does you being an atheist have eny bearing on human Extra sensory perception and the possibility of different levels of energy?

You know, I am absolutely 100% convinced that some form of spirit, ghost, energy whatever you want to call it exists as I have seen, felt, heard, been terrified sometimes, by things since I was really small. My mum is the same, and my sisters. I am not one of those people that needs to defend it at every opportunity adn run my life around it...I like it, we have fun with it, and I would never try adn convince anyone else to believe what I do...

I have also had out of body experiences which were amazing...I can't explain them, but the feeling is unbelievable...it really is fantastic.

To open a can of worms: I read a book recently which disected and put forward an explanation for many things which are seemingly unexplainable...and a theory was put forward ebbing towards 'medium' skills and psychic fine tuning. The author suggested that maybe these things we channel, see, think etc are actually a great stew pot of the subconscious energies and thoughts that we have picked up throughout the day from other people, like a dream, a sorting of the data being processed.

So how do you really know if a thought is yours?

Hmmmmmm
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 04:56 am
carrie- As a non-believer, I just wanted to make it clear that I do not put any credence in the "supernatural". To me, there is a natural, logical answer to all the so-called spiritual mysteries. As we evolve. we will understand more and more of it.

If you think about it, primitive man put great stock in the supernatural- tornadoes, floods, crop failures were all messages from some higher being. We now know that this concept were the fanciful explanations of people who did not know much about science and nature.

I think that as we progress, a lot of the so called spiritual manifestations will be explained in a rational scientific manner.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:04 am
Science, which came out in part from alchemy, does not know 95 % of the mass-energy constituents of the observable universe, "observable" in the sense of science.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:17 am
satt_focusable- Unfortunately, in our knowledge and behavior, human beings are not so far off from their cave man ancestors. We are still taking baby steps, but we are getting there!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:41 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
we are getting there!

You sound like a prophet. I would ask.
"Where?" "How?"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 05:49 am
satt_focusable- Prophet................me? naw! I am just thinking about what we knew about science and the universe say, 1,000 years ago, then 500, then 100, then what we have learned in the last decade. I DO see a bit of progress, and my expectation is that this progress will continue (unless we blow this planet to bits, in the interim, and then it won't matter anyway! ) Sad
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:05 am
Locally iterative approximation is a branch of numerical analysis. A skill or a methodology is needed for a local iteration to attain the global solution (goal).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:14 am
satt_focusable- I would attempt to comment if I knew what the hell you were talking about! Laughing
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:23 am
Little k - the idea that there could be a "sixth sense", and my belief in such a thing, has a lot to do with my personal interpretation of spirituality. My form of spirituality would be considered a little "mystical". I think that the sixth sense, as a concept, manifests itself a lot in more mainstream religions, too - Pentecostals have speaking in tongues - often follwed by an interpretation that only be described as being "channeled" through a church member, for example.

A sixth sense is kind of a general term that doesn't mean much, but I think that the two things can go together.

Soemthing like that? <smiles>

stasia
0 Replies