Spirituality...Is it for you??

carrie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 03:34 am
That's a really good way of explaining it. I totally understand what you are saying. I feel the same way with many things, as you describe the flower.

Many times when I say I see things, or feel things, my mind knows automatically the relation I am having to this spirit, knows in many cases what it looks like, gets told a description of the colours, emotions, feelings etc with no words, no pictures, just a knowing; an intuitive relationship almost, a feeling of perspective.
0 Replies

sozmac

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:22 am
can I digress slightly.....

I have had profound spiritual experiences, which are just too bizarre, to try and explain.

I've also had a lot of premonitions and I wonder though, if it is a lucid vision of the future or in fact I am 'creating my own reality'.

Look at all the positive thinkers out there who say by either praying or attracting or whatever manner of means, we can create our reality...so which is it?

oh gotta go, premonition the baby is gonna cry...no actually he is crying.....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 02:21 pm
I can't relate at all to the comments of Carrie and Sozmac here. Too bad that people usually conflate the spiritual with supernaturalism (whether of the theological or New Age sorts). I resonate totally, however, with the last statement made by Coluber. It zeros in on the core feature of spirituality, the way we relate to our world, the realization of our unity with that world, the liberation from the isolation and alienation felt by those living a spiritually anemic existence because of their attachment to the sense of ego-self.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:16 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I can't relate at all to the comments of Carrie and Sozmac here. Too bad that people usually conflate the spiritual with supernaturalism (whether of the theological or New Age sorts). I resonate totally, however, with the last statement made by Coluber. It zeros in on the core feature of spirituality, the way we relate to our world, the realization of our unity with that world, the liberation from the isolation and alienation felt by those living a spiritually anemic existence because of their attachment to the sense of ego-self.

But maybe there really is an ego-self that needs lots of attachment.

In which case, they would be living their lives closer to reality than the people alienating themselves by their belief in non-duality.

We really don't know, do we? :wink:
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:24 pm
Hi, Frank! What kept you?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:27 pm
George wrote:
Hi, Frank! What kept you?

Busy trying to make my picks for this weekend's games. :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 07:32 pm
Frank, you say: "But maybe there really is an ego-self that needs lots of attachment".

Shows what you know. Ego-self and attachment are the same thing.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 07:53 pm
Carrie;

You must read,"Contacting The Spirit World" by Linda Williamson.

She is a English lady living in London.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:38 pm
Frank, let me qualify/clarify my last statement: ego-self is a function of attachment and attachment is a function of ego-self. While they are analytically separable, neither occurs without the other.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 06:53 am
JLNobody wrote:
Frank, let me qualify/clarify my last statement: ego-self is a function of attachment and attachment is a function of ego-self. While they are analytically separable, neither occurs without the other.

They are different words...and if you can show me a thesuarus that has them as synonyms...I'd be interested.

And from the way you used the two words in the posting you made that caused me to comment...

Quote:

...you see a distinction.

Be that as it may...the thrust of my comment still holds.

The folks you are derogating with your comment "...those living a spiritually anemic existence because of their attachment to the sense of ego-self"...

...may very well be living their lives closer to reality than the people alienating themselves by their belief in non-duality.

You didn't deal with that point, JL.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 03:02 pm
Frank, the word, guesswork, certainly does apply to you. In addition to your intellectual honesty, which I have acknowledged before, you have little or no insight into the issues discussed here. You ARE left only with guesses. So be it, but why do you derogate the expressions of others' intuitions, as if they were no more than the guesses you are forced to make. I grant that they may have no more logical, empirical or "scientific" support than do simple guesses. But they may be much more than simple guesses. I suspect that we do not yet know what you mean by guesswork. My life will be much happier when you come up with a better term. Please, please, pretty please?

-edited
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 03:32 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Frank, the word, guesswork, certainly does apply to you. In addition to your intellectual honesty, which I have acknowledged before, you have little or no insight into the issues discussed here.

It appears I have a good deal more insight into the issues being discussed here than you do, JL.

I know I do not know what the REALITY of existence is...and I am ethical enough to acknowledge that I do not know.

Every indication is that you do not know what the REALITY of existence is either...but either you are being unethical in not acknowledging that (which I prefer not to accept)...or you are out of touch with what is going on.

For you to suggest that my acknowledgement of not knowing...is somehow an example of having no insight into the issues is itself an example of you having no insights into what is going on in this discussion.

Quote:
You ARE left only with guesses.

So are you. The difference is not in whether one of us is "left with guesses"...but that one of us acknowledges the truth and one of us is not doing so.

Quote:
So be it, but why do you derogate the expressions of other's intuitions, as if they were no more than the guesses you are forced to make.

I am not derogating anything. I am merely calling attention to the fact that what you are calling "intuitions" are nothing more than guesses.

If you cannot acknowledge your guesses as guesses...why not just stop guessing?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 04:13 pm
reading
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 04:14 pm
oops
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:16 pm
carrie ; I have just read your post of Wed, May 28,2003. I am very pleased to know that you have enough exprience to do readings.

Years ago I use to read alot of books and go to readings. I use to try to meditate and I was able to see Auras. But I stopped meditating when I moved to another part of the states. Now years later I have begun reading and practicing again. No I have not been able to have my ,"Guide" introduce him or her self.

I have just finished reading a book that was written by an English lady named Linda Williamson.The book is named ,"Contacting the Spirit World. It is very good

I will be very happy to keep in touch with you.

Joe Harris
0 Replies