real life

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 11:12 pm
Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:
Churches get a very bad reputation when they let imperfect people join.
Must be a lot of perfect people that in essence would then not require Christian religion being perfect and all they could not share in original sin.

As Lucy Van Pelt would say: Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it, Charlie Brown?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 01:04 am
OK
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 03:01 am
I Love Lucy!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 10:59 am
"I love Lucy and she loves me
We're as happy as two can be
Sometimes we quarrel but then
How we love making up again
Lucy kisses like no one can
She's my Mrs. and I'm her man
And life is heaven you see
'Cause I love Lucy
Yes I love Lucy
And Lucy loves me! "
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:01 am
real life wrote:
Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:
Must be a lot of perfect people that in essence would then not require Christian religion being perfect and all they could not share in original sin.

As Lucy Van Pelt would say: Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it, Charlie Brown?

The inference that all of the people in churches are equally responsible for the crap that goes on in them is why I took issue.

That's not true. And, it's why a great many people leave churches.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 11:34 am
Lash wrote:
real life wrote:
Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:

The inference that all of the people in churches are equally responsible for the crap that goes on in them is why I took issue.

hi Lash,

You've apparently just been thru a very bad church split, and it's painful. I know, I've been there too.

It's a shock to your system. You're sitting in what you think is a nice church when, BAM ugliness explodes all around you and you think 'where did all this garbage come from?'

It's very publicly ugly and people do leave church altogether over these things.

But my point is also that people leave churches everyday in 1's, 2's and 3's and nobody seems to notice if it's not a big hullaballo. They just leave silently never to return, and it's usually because they are offended over something that someone does, says or believes.

There are no perfect churches, or perfect people and I think it does us good to admit that we are part of the problem.

Whether we realize it at the time or not, we have all probably said or did something that offended someone who never came back.

We thought we were right at the time. So did the one who left.

That's kinda the point.

As long as you let sinners join the church, it'll continue.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 02:37 pm
real life wrote:
Lash wrote:
real life wrote:
Chumly wrote:
real life wrote:

hi Lash,

You've apparently just been thru a very bad church split, and it's painful. I know, I've been there too.

It's a shock to your system. You're sitting in what you think is a nice church when, BAM ugliness explodes all around you and you think 'where did all this garbage come from?'

It's very publicly ugly and people do leave church altogether over these things.

But my point is also that people leave churches everyday in 1's, 2's and 3's and nobody seems to notice if it's not a big hullaballo. They just leave silently never to return, and it's usually because they are offended over something that someone does, says or believes.

There are no perfect churches, or perfect people and I think it does us good to admit that we are part of the problem.

Whether we realize it at the time or not, we have all probably said or did something that offended someone who never came back.

We thought we were right at the time. So did the one who left.

That's kinda the point.

As long as you let sinners join the church, it'll continue.

I think I'm right 99.9% of the time...at the time!

Later I realize that I'm often having a 'good' day if the reverse ends up being true.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:39 pm
The recent church split was only the last in a series of disgusting events perpetrated by dozens of people in several cities in three states.

Why on earth do you continue to talk about it as if you know anything all about it?

THAT is something I'd be interested in hearing you answer.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:11 am
Why did you bring it up if you're going to be mad that people discuss it?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
I answered the thread question about personal experiences.

I was fine with people discussing it.

Not fine with you attempting to unvalidate them.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 11:28 pm
I have no idea what you mean by 'unvalidate'. I'm not sure that's even a word.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 03:17 am
Typo points aren't worth the effort, except to a pathetic loser.

Can't figure it out, huh? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies