I wanna be sedated...

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 06:00 pm
Let's pretend that your "friends" sign you up for a reality show. Which one would be the most horrifying for you?

One neighbor suggested we turn in another neighbor to some reality show where they come and clean up your house and make you throw things away. I said that I loved other neighbor too much to make him get rid of his things. I could never to that to him even though all of his crap makes me giggle and vomit.

My biggest fear would be to be turned over to one of those makeover shows. I confess that my fashion icon is Joey Ramone and that I dress like a 15 year old runaway who owns a washing machine. (You can have my Converse when you pry my cold dead fingers off of them and even then you'd better be ready for a fight.)

I'd totally be one of those mopey teenage goth kids that they dressed all preppy and paraded around. I'd go back and set my "friend's" house on fire or something.

Which reality show would be your nightmare?

Or, if you don't know you can answer this:

Do these jeans make my butt look like Joey's?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,519 • Replies: 34
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 06:49 pm
Hello-o-o-o-o.

Nobody? Ferris?

Here is a link to the variety of reality shows. Do none of these float your horror boat?

http://www.realitytvlinks.com/
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:13 pm
I looked at your link and Shocked I had no idea there are so many. I've watched very few, so I'm probably not the best person to answer, but of the ones that I've seen, it would have to be Fear Factor for me.

I'm an athletic klutz and I don't like eating weird stuff. So, yeah, I think upchucking on national TV and hurting myself would be a good definition of hell.

(My favourite reality show was The Mole, which is on the list but I thought it was no longer in production.)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:16 pm
The Big Brother House.

No TV.

You have to interact with insanely stupid people, and they use all this stupid reality show jargon--"This house is so tough"... "I'm here to play the game"... "He backdoored me..." "Chill Town is strategizing to get rid of the Chi=Towners..."

STFU!!!!!!!!

I saw a few minutes of it and the COOLEST thing happened. One of the guys stood up and was supposed to beg not to be thrown off--and he said..."you should evict me from the house, because I hate each one of you. I can't even point out someone I hate the most because I hate you all equally. Please evict me so I can get the hell away from you"...

The best reality show moment.
<clasps hands to chest>
He's my hero.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:17 pm
Well, to be honest with you, boomerang, I avoid these shows like the plague. There is something about the lowest common denominator constantly being aimed for, the sheer awfulness of watching (apparently) real people expose themselves to the most humiliating scrutiny by moronic TV "hosts" & even more moronic audiences. Why do people put themselves through this? It's a mystery to me.

But, OK, in response to your question, I'd avoid one of those programs that show "two sides" of a dispute (Sorry, I don't know the names of any. The few I've seen are made in the US, broadcast here in the afternoons & feature audiences that participate very enthusiastically, wildly even!)
So my worst cause senario would be to be featured with, say, my ex-partner at the height of our "troubles", being "counselled" on one of these programs. Shocked Embarrassed (Tell me, are folk paid lots of money to humiliate themselves (to thousands around the world!) like this? Confused)

(Hope this gets the ball rolling. Hopefully something more interesting will come along. Feel free to move onto that! Very Happy )
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:20 pm
umm, <cough> I have to admit that the only reality tv show I watch is one I'd love to be volunteered for. "What Not To Wear"-- you get $5,000, for heaven's sake! Feel free to get me on that show, guys.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:27 pm
The only reality show I've ever watched is Survivor and I'm a junkie for it. I could so survive..... maybe. I'd probably do better in a "Castaway" type situation.

On a long flight I once watched a thing called "Eco-challange". They'd kill me on the first day of that.

Anything requiring spiders to crawl on my skin would be almost as bad as a makeover.

Big Brother, from what I know would kill me. I hate people for the most part. Living with a bunch of strangers would be torture.

Fear Factor I could do - except for any kind of spider thing.

What Not to Wear - I am their ideal candidate. Seriously. I am wardrobe retarded. They would try to make me wear real shoes and I'd end up hurting people. $5,000 is not nearly enough to make me wear strappy girly shoes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:33 pm
Yes, Msolga...what in HELL makes people want to expose themselves on TV like that?

It's really, really, weird.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:51 pm
dlowan wrote:
Yes, Msolga...what in HELL makes people want to expose themselves on TV like that?

It's really, really, weird.

It's a mystery to me, Deb. And SO excruciating to watch! You want to shake them & yell: "Have some pride, some self respect, for god's sake!" Laughing
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 08:39 pm
I saw bits of a couple of episodes of Fear Factor when it first came on the air 'cause my son had the TV on in the family room. Sickening. Absolutely my worst nightmare. Absolutely.

I admit I am a fan of Dog, the Bounty Hunter. I find "Dog" and Beth both amusing and kind of touching at the same time, if you know what I mean ... probably not. Embarrassed

I didn't think I watched any other reality TV 'til I thought about it, but I do have a soft spot for Jamie Oliver, i.e., Jamie's School Dinners and Jamie's Kitchen. I've caught both on late night TV, along with Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, with fellow British chef Gordon Ramsay.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 10:33 pm
Who's Joey Ramone?

seriously
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 10:37 pm
since I started playing that stupid online game I hardly watch movies or TV
my reality is a game on the net now Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 04:46 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Who's Joey Ramone?

seriously

http://www.cbgb.com/shrine/photos/Lisa%20Kristal%20Photos/Joey_Ramone.jpg

Chai - where were you in 1979? The Ramones saved me from having to listen to endless tapes of The Marshall Tucker Band and Donna Summers' disco hits.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:47 am
"WHO'S JOEY RAMONE???"

<crestfallen>

<wanders off through a veil of tears>
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:17 am
The Bachelor. Just Kill Me. I seriously would consider death as an alternative.

First, you're in a house with a bunch of retards who believe the world is one big american high school.
Second, you go on 'dates' with some loser who is analyzing your every mood and panty line.

I would become the girl who is plastered all the time, giving the camera the finger and making myself sandwiches while the rest of the girls are busy bitching about each other.

When Fear Factor was still relatively fresh, I really wanted to get on the show. It wasn't 'gross-out factor with skin' in those days...it focused more on the stunts and physical fears. Fun! Smile

Is Joey a man or a woman???
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:21 am
flushd wrote:
The Bachelor. Just Kill Me. I seriously would consider death as an alternative.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

flushd wrote:
Is Joey a man or a woman???

<bloodcurdling scream, falls down>

<revives, grabs kitten, punches it, passes out>
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:34 am
http://www.richardsfault.com/nostalgia/TV%20screen%20shots/TV%20SNL1.jpg

Laughing Just kidding! Hey, watch the kitten, she might have some kind of drug-crazed rabies.

That pic of Joey just reminded me of Gilda Radner too much. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:40 am
<slaps forehead, pulls hair out, makes salon appointment>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:04 am
Definately any of the reality shows where I would have to in any way have contact with bugs, spiders, worms, crarwley things in a coffin, eating anything bloody or having to "dunk" for anything in a vat of cow blood (Yes, I saw part of a show that did that!)

Would love to do the Trading Spouses, but I'm probably too adaptable. I could so fit in with most any "opposite" setting they put me in.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:46 am
You know, I envision a quiet, reverent day, sitting with Mo, pulling out "Road to Ruin" and explaining how Joey saved me.

Perhaps I shall bring in Lash and Green Witch to add their personal testimony.

"Who's Joey Ramone" is a question for the ages.

I too can't understand why anyone would go on one of those shout-fest "talk" shows. The only reason I can think that anyone would even watch them is so that they can feel superior.

Do they really show that stuff in Australia? How embarrassing.

Isn't Jamie Oliver the naked chef? He's darling. Does he do a reality show? Sign me up!

If there is a god I will live to see flushd on The Batchelor drunk and eating sandwhichs. If god will grant me this, I promise to lead a better life.

I've only seen blips of Fear Factor but it sounds like the do an exceptional job of tapping into people's fears.

The only bit of Trading Spouses I've seen was that nut-job "they're all dark sided" lady that was such an internet sensation. Her family seemed pretty nice so I could probably fit in there. Of course, Mr. B and Mo might kill me upon my return.

If I could be on one of those shows it would be one where they come in and fix up your house or yard. I'd love a better kitchen.
0 Replies