Pride and Prejudice

JPB

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 01:12 pm
I love the book and have read it numerous times. I also love the A&E series and watch it regularly. I avoided last year's new release because I couldn't imagine how they could do the story justice in a two-hour film. I have the dvd now but have only gotten half way through it.

Matthew Macfadyen can't sound arrogant to save his soul and Brenda Blethyn is much too 'normal' as Mrs Bennet. Where are the Hursts? What of the other militia characters?

Does it get better in the second half?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 650 • Replies: 4
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 01:32 pm
Yes, I thought it got better. The mushy part at the end was worth the wait, imo.

Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 12:33 pm
I still haven't finished watching it. Even the big rejection scene was poorly done. I've always liked the second half of the book/AE series best so I'll keep plodding along, but I can't believe people liked this movie.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 01:39 pm
I never watched any of the previous versions so I had nothing to base it on. I thought it was entertaining. ... plus it doesn't hurt that Keira Knightley is in it.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 01:45 pm
I did like the version with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth better than the newer one. Is that the A&E version? I saw it on TV, but don't remember if it was theirs or BBC or something else.
0 Replies