Most boring film ever?

kev

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:39 am
I've just watched The Constant Gardner and I would have to rate it as the most boring film I've ever seen.

IMDB has a rating of 7.7 (out of 10) so obviously a lot of people dont agree with me.

What did you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,754 • Replies: 82
No top replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:05 am
I fell asleep four times, trying to watch 'Four Weddings and a funeral'
That has to be my record.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:46 am
Dracula dead and loving it.It was the only film I would have walked out of.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 04:23 am
The Chronicles of Narnia, Kev. Went to bed after watching ten minutes of the movie.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:01 am
On top of the Whale (1982) must be a candidate.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:24 am
Geez, I thought it might've just been because I had traveled a lot over the preceding two days, and was tired.

But that movie was the mind-numbingly boringest thing I've seen for years...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:33 am
The English Patient
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:39 am
I dare anyone to sit through "Ishtar" with Dustin Hoffman without falling asleep or committing suicide.

Second runner up: the appropriately titled "The Never Ending Story" .
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:47 am
Lash wrote:
The English Patient

Huh!!Not lovely The English Patient!!!!!!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:54 am
snood wrote:
Geez, I thought it might've just been because I had traveled a lot over the preceding two days, and was tired.

But that movie was the mind-numbingly boringest thing I've seen for years...

Sorry, I didn't mention I was referring to The Constant Gardener.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 07:48 am
Lash wrote:
The English Patient

We have a winner!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 07:51 am
Lash wrote:
The English Patient

Surprised Really? I liked it a lot.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 08:00 am
Oh Olga!!!

Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 08:45 am
So many boring movies, so little time -- this thread follows hard on the heels of two others from this year. Is this a masochistic wish to be bored to death?

"The English Patient" will always bore some and enthrall others. One man's meat is another man's poison. I like the film.

Except for some brilliant scenes, the inbetween stuff in "Apocalypse Now" makes me yawn. The climax makes me yawn. The added-back-in stuff in "Redux" puts me to sleep.

There are some action movies that are suppose to get one's adrenalin pumping and there is never an excuse for sci-fi to bore but "The Chronicles of Riddick" and, even more, "Battlefield Earth" have such mediocre scripts that they both work better than an Ambien.

The difference between truly boring movies and that pet bore because there's an actor in it one can't stand or it's a chick flick, or it's any genre that one simply doesn't appreciate, et al, is exasperated by a person's personal bias.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 08:54 am
msolga wrote:
Lash wrote:
The English Patient

Surprised Really? I liked it a lot.

Me too!!
Couldnt get into it the first time I sat to watch it but 2nd time watched all of it and blubbed my eyes out!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 09:30 am
Watched it a month ago on INHD and the hi-def wide screen pic really enchanced the superior cinematography. It's a good script and I don't find it boring but I can image it's methodical approach to storytelling would not be everyone's cup-of-tea. It's a high class chick flick, after all, but also a tragic love story. If one is depressed already, I wouldn't recommend it. However, if that's all one is getting out of it, Prozac may help.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:03 pm
OH! You didn't like Apocalypse Now!!!

I sort of had the Elaine Benis reaction to it. She got fired because Peterman loved it, and she started screaming at the screen.

"Die already!!!! Die!!!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:06 pm
Orson Wells' version of MacBeth--which included an attempt to deliver the Shakespearean verse with its originally intended thick Scottish brogue (sp?).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:16 pm
Lash wrote:
OH! You didn't like Apocalypse Now!!!

I sort of had the Elaine Benis reaction to it. She got fired because Peterman loved it, and she started screaming at the screen.

"Die already!!!! Die!!!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That had be also ROTFWL. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:19 pm
dupre wrote:
Orson Wells' version of MacBeth--which included an attempt to deliver the Shakespearean verse with its originally intended thick Scottish brogue (sp?).

Used to love that film when I was younger but when older also was ROTFWL over that stupid cardboard crown Orson Welles had on. It was made on a budget using left over sets. The paper mache rocks didn't help anything either (suppose to be a revisionist "castle" carved out of a cliff?) Since then I've seen so many great versions that I will never be able to go back and watch the Welles again. Every great director has his obligatory turkey.
0 Replies