The Cosmos, is it really there?

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 01:24 am
Could all of the galaxies just be glimpses of our own sun and solar system in past stages of it's growth?

Is the sky a collage of our own galaxy, like a photo album, snapshots and samples hung sequentially through multiple spirals in space looking like the real thing. Video galleries of earlier clips, suspended in animation in photo realistic units of space and time.

Even future events could be observable and mirrored in the cosmos' red and blue shift...

Like looking in a series of reflections and seeing an image in infinity but slowed by glass, or space, vicinity and the speed of light. Our own time fragmented and left behind as a visual reminder of each past book, chapter, page and verse of the universe.

After all we have never really been there to actually know if what we are seeing is actually something really there, or is it just a light show created for our earthly viewing pleasure?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,984 • Replies: 79
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 01:38 am
Yes, most certainly.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 01:40 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Yes, most certainly.

Laughing
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 02:05 am
What I am proposing is that just outside of our solar system is a giant IMAX video screen. God is just beyond that, closer than we think.

Neighboring solar systems don't really exist, they are actually visual illusions of our own solar past played back to us, like re-runs of remarkable earlier events taking place over billions of years.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 02:40 am
RexRed wrote:
God is just beyond that, closer than we think.

...........The sun is to some degree unrestricted with regard to its luminosity, so its image is reflected in every burnished and shining object.

If thousands and millions of mirrors are exposed to its light, then the manifestation of its likeness will be found in each one of them without being divided, as though they were a single mirror.

If the capacities of the mirrors were such, the sun would be able to demonstrate its effects in them in all their magnitude.

One thing cannot be an obstacle to another.

Thousands of things enter thousands of places with the ease of one thing entering one place. Each place displays the sun's manifestation as much as thousands of places display it.

Thus, And God's is the highest similitude, the manifestation of the All-Glorious Maker of the universe is such, with all His attributes which are light and with all His Names which are luminous, that through the mystery of the regard of Oneness, although He is not in any place, He is all-present and all-seeing in all places.

There is no division in His regarding and acting towards the creation. He performs every task at the same time, in all places, without difficulty, without hindrance.

20.letters/ Bediuzzaman
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:48 am
Quote:
Thus, And God's is the highest similitude, the manifestation of the All-Glorious Maker of the universe is such, with all His attributes which are light and with all His Names which are luminous, that through the mystery of the regard of Oneness, although He is not in any place, He is all-present and all-seeing in all places.

What? Try using english grammar.

Seems to me you're saying god is everywhere.

Quote:

In the word 'cannot' the letters n,o,t at the end are the obstacles to this sentence making any kind of sense.

But on the topic

If the stars are really just "snapshots" of our own system's previous locations, then what determines when a snapshot is made?

Also, we see some galaxies that are orbiting around black holes. Then there's nebulas and comets...

So yes, the cosmos is definetly there.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:15 am
Not being inclined to be the grammar or spelling police, I can sure appreciate the cringe when someone writes something that is such bad prose that it's just gone over-the-line. Coherance is not the best card in the deck for the religiosity crowd and RR is often downright arcane.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:24 am
kevnmoon wrote:
RexRed wrote:
God is just beyond that, closer than we think.

...........The sun is to some degree unrestricted with regard to its luminosity, so its image is reflected in every burnished and shining object.

If thousands and millions of mirrors are exposed to its light, then the manifestation of its likeness will be found in each one of them without being divided, as though they were a single mirror.

If the capacities of the mirrors were such, the sun would be able to demonstrate its effects in them in all their magnitude.

Thousands of things enter thousands of places with the ease of one thing entering one place. Each place displays the sun's manifestation as much as thousands of places display it.

There is no division in His regarding and acting towards the creation. He performs every task at the same time, in all places, without difficulty, without hindrance.

20.letters/ Bediuzzaman

Beautiful Kevn!

God is everywhere within creation but God is also outside and independent of what he has created.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:27 am
If god is real, then how can he be outside reality?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:29 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Not being inclined to be the grammar or spelling police, I can sure appreciate the cringe when someone writes something that is such bad prose that it's just gone over-the-line. Coherance is not the best card in the deck for the religiosity crowd and RR is often downright arcane.

Grammar can suffer through translation and handicaps. It is not polite to insult a person's grammar. I rarely do it myself but I like to be told when I have my own grammar flubs.

But "arcane"?

Hehe

Thanks, I guess...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:31 am
Cyracuz wrote:
If god is real, then how can he be outside reality?

There is more than one reality, a physical (finite) reality and a quantum (infinite) reality.

God is infinitely diversified.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:38 am
No. There is one reality. This is an abstract term that means "everything that is". Physical and quantum reality is the same reality, the same world.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:41 am
Cyracuz wrote:

If the stars are really just "snapshots" of our own system's previous locations, then what determines when a snapshot is made?

Also, we see some galaxies that are orbiting around black holes. Then there's nebulas and comets...

So yes, the cosmos is definetly there.

The mind of God is just outside the universe taking home movies of the earth and playing them them back in a video recollection. The universe is just one big entertainment center.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:48 am
Comets are parts of our solar system alone. Comets are accents that God forms to add even more credibility to what we see. The actual details of space only need to be real to such a magnitude so as not to give away the camera tricks or the illusion of physical infinity.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:52 am
Let there be light!

Lights, camera, action.

God is the camera. Black holes are the imperceptible past.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:55 am
I agree that the universe is one big entertainment centre Smile

For the rest, I don't believe you, even though you are right.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:05 am
Spirit is the substrate and "image" of God and light is exposed onto the spirit through the shutter of God's binary recollection.

When we look down two train tracks on the distant horizon the eyes tell us the two tracks converge.

The eyes lie.

When one walks down to the point where they can actually measure the tracks distance apart they discover that the track are no farther apart than they were standing back.

Thus the, "optical illusion".

Because we cannot just walk out into space and determine/measure if our universe is really as it "appears", we can only surmise that it is, OR that the eyes are still playing tricks on the mind.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:21 am
I find it hard to respond because I do not know what you put into the term 'god'.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:31 am
Cyracuz wrote:
I find it hard to respond because I do not know what you put into the term 'god'.

God as science should relate him as a natural part of existence. The uncreated vs the created.

God like being the creator of energy and matter or the physical world as opposed to a perceived quantum uncreated isness and consciousness.

I leave the definition of God open but hope it can be related in technical jargon, or to render God with some scientific credibility.

Since this thread is suppositions and "out there" really any reasonable definitions of God may be explored here.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:33 am
Is life a continuum?

If God can see the future hasn't it already sort of happened?
0 Replies