I NEED SOME HELP IN UNDERSTANDING PADDIES

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:41 am
Go ahead, bow. And grab those ankles.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:45 am
Setanta, 2 lamb recipes for you
Setanta, I found two recipes that are close to, but not exactly what you described, but neither have yogurt in them. However, I'm sure it could be added as I've adapted the recipes. I've done some additional adaption, including conversion from metric to US measurements and improving the preparation steps, to make the recipies easier to understand as they were not written by professional chefs.
-----BumbleBeeBoogie

GREEK NOISETTES OF LAMB ON ARTICHOKES WITH TARRAGON JUS
Adapted by BimbleBeeBoogie

4 Lamb fillets
8 Artichokes, small fresh (or canned)
2 Carrots, peeled
2 Parsnips, peeled
2 Leeks, cleaned white part only
1 Tarragon sprig
100 g Butter (3-1/2 ounces)
150 ml Olive oil (5-1/2 ounces)
1 l Lamb jus (4-1/3 cups) (Home prepared or canned or frozen reduced lamb liquid)
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup yogurt

Trim any fat from the lamb fillets, cut into noisettes approx 60 gm (2 ounces) each.

Trim the fresh artichokes leaving only the hearts and cook them in simmering water until tender; then drain and refrigerate. (Skip this step if using canned artichoke hearts.)

Clean and slice the vegetables into julienne strips. Saute them in butter until al dente; then refrigerate.

Add the tarragon to the lamb jus and reduce over medium heat by half. Add the salt and pepper and correct the seasoning; then refrigerate.

When ready to serve, saute the lamb noisettes in combined butter and oil until pink (rare) or to taste.

Reheat the lamb jus, stirring in 1/2 cup of yogurt. Spoon one-half of the lamb jus into a large serving dish. Layer the artichoke hearts in the jus. Place the lamb noisettes on top of the artichokes and cover with the remaining lamb jus. Garnish with the julienne of vegetables and serve.
Yield: 4 servings

MOROCCAN LAMB WITH ARTICHOKES AND PRESERVED LEMONS
Adapted by BumbleBeeBoogie

3 pounds boneless lamb shoulder
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled, pressed, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon powdered saffron (optional)
3 tablespoons white vinegar
12 artichokes, small, wide
12 Moroccan preserved lemons
1/2 cup Calamata olives
2 tablespoon fresh or frozen lemon juice (optional)
1/2 cup yogurt

Trim and fat off of the lamb and cut it into 1-1/2-inch chunks.

In a 5 or 6 quart pan, combine the lamb, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and saffron. Cook, tightly covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the vinegar and 1 quart of water.

Trim off the stems, tough outer leaves, and sharp tips of the artichokes, leaving the pale, tender interior leaves. Cut them in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard the hairy chokes. As the artichokes are trimmed, immerse then in vinegar-water to preserve their color. Refrigerate.

After the lamb meat cooks for 30 minutes, increase the heat to high, uncover pan, and stir often until the juices evaporate and the lamb browns, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of water; simmer, covered, for 1 hour.

Drain the artichokes and add them to the lamb; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add the 8 preserved lemon quarters and olives; simmer, covered, until the artichokes are tender when pierced, about 10 minutes longer. Add the yogurt and 2 tablespoons liquid from the preserved lemons or lemon juice.

Skim and discard fat from the stew; then pour the stew into a serving bowl and garnish with remaining lemon quarters. Yield: 8 servings
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:56 am
heh heh, patiodog...only for the pastor
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:00 am
pastor pasture passed'er right by...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:10 am
Thanks, BBB, now you've made my lunch a tad uniteresting, but i'll survive . . . i appreciate your efforts . . .

Boys, boys, boys . . . The Reverend Lovejoy asks me to remind you that he never admits publicly to his predilections, and that as you both have his cell number, you could show a little more discretion . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:13 am
Sure thing, Ned.
0 Replies