Have you ever...

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 12:56 pm
Have you ever been on the phone with someone who was talking to you on their cell phone while driving, and they got in a car accident?

I'm starting to notice more and more drivers who I assume at first are drunk or asleep while driving, and it turns out they're talking on the phone. I know I'm not the only one who is afraid of these drivers.

Some states, I've heard, have a law against driving while on a cell phone, and I wish my state had that law.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,166 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 03:29 pm
nope.

my state apparently has this law, but it sure is hell ain't inforced -- judging by the dozens of drivers i see breaking it every day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 03:31 pm
I voted "no" but was nearly wiped out on the freeway by a cell phone talker, doing almost 80.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 04:50 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
nope.

my state apparently has this law, but it sure is hell ain't inforced -- judging by the dozens of drivers i see breaking it every day.

It would be a hard one to inforce, however, if you are in a wreck and one driver is on a cell phone and the other is not, which one do you think will get blamed for the accident?

Edgar, I've been in that situation more times than I can count. Usually, they're going too slow and weaving all over the place. I don't care how good a driver one is, you just can't pay attention while dialing a cell phone, etc.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2006 05:08 pm
I like to talk on my cell, eat pizza, drink coffee, watch TV, juggle three balls and sing the Star Spangled Banner all at the same time while I'm driving. Makes driving fun!
0 Replies

maikito

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:49 pm
Embarrassed i know is not right but while i drive i use the cell, eat, write notes from my boss, change lanes to close to cars etcetera,
vegas traffic is heavy all the time.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2007 09:41 pm
If I'm stuck in LA traffic talking on the phone makes the trip more enjoyable. I don't fear getting into an accident at 3MPH.
0 Replies