Farscape

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 12:26 pm
Hi: I'm just seeing this show now via repeats on my Fox affiliate which runs them late at night and on weekend afternoons (although from what I've seen, some of the episodes are a bit racy, would best run late at night).

I'd heard the buzz for years, but mostly when it was cancelled, and then when actors: Ben Browder and Claudia Black joined the cast of Stargate SG-1 on the sci fan channels. Fans both went positive and negative over it, and actually opinions are all over the place. (The Sci Fi channel did a wrap up miniseries and I saw it repeated recently, so it's sort of like reading the end of the story for me--now I'm seeing the beginning and trying to figure out the middle).

From the shows I've seen so far--I'm very impressed. Perhaps it was Henson productions with the inclusion of the puppets for alien affect, the majority Australian cast, and some excellent writing, but I have to agree it was ground breaking sci fi in a lot of ways. I also have to give credit to Mr. Browder and Ms. Black--their Farscape characters are very different from what they are playing now on SG-1, and I think they are doing a great on the transition to a new job--that's just a personal opinion. (Just noting that actors do have to work and go from one job to another, et al.) I do love the Farscape characters they played though--flawed, multi-layered, characters that are very impressive, and it was very, very well done.

Anyone have any thoughts to share, favorite episodes, etc.
Please do!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 607 • Replies: 0
No top replies