Are laptop computers as good as desktops?

eoe

Reply Sat 24 May, 2003 01:31 pm
I use both but mostly my laptop. As a graphic designer, I work with greedy applications like Photoshop everyday and the laptop, a Apple G4 Titanium (very sweet), works great for me. Indoors and outdoors, on airplanes, anywhere with a fully charged 5 hour battery. But because the laptop screen is LCD, it doesn't have the same quality as the CRT screen on the desktop so I always print from my desktop. Otherwise, there is nothing the desktop does that the laptop can't do.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 12:12 am
I'm against it myself, no particular reason........

Quote:
DOCTORS are warning that laptop computers may inflict a burn even through clothed skin, after the bizarre case of a Swedish scientist who scorched his penis and testicles while writing a report in his armchair.

LAPTOPS CAN BURN YOUR DICK OFF!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 01:21 am
Hmmm - more voices for....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 11:09 am
dlowan, I have a G4 Apple in our bedroom, a HP 7920 in the living room (because grandma's using my computer room) with the Home Wind Xp update and 17" flat panel screen, and a Fujitsu Lifebook laptop with 40 HD, 2Ghz Pentium 4, DVD/CD-RW, and a 15" screen. I use the HP most of the time, because it's the easiest to use and access. I bought the laptop to keep my financial and other important papers, because I've lost files too often from virus' attacks to my HP computer - even with McAfee and Norton. When that happens, I must use the HP Recovery Disc to establish the computer from square one - as in the same condition when I first purchased the computer, and it erases everything. There's an option to safe files, but that doesn't always work. The Apple G4 was bought to use for my graphics - both stills and video of my trips. I also backup my stuff on CD's. c.i.
0 Replies