what's your favorite dish?

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 07:47 pm
so what is your favorite dish? why you like it? share your favorite dish recipes and how to do it so we'll learn from it. i'll post mine soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,131 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:12 pm
Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Today, I'm loving chicken fajitas. Tomorrow may be different. Smile
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:52 am
English....Roast shoulder of lamb,roast potatoes,peas,sweetcorn,gravy and mint sauce.

Indian....Meat samosa,lamb vindaloo,mushroom rice,bombay aloo,keema nan,papadom,lime pickle.

Chinese....Spare ribs in barbecue sause,aromatic duck,deep fried squid in spicey salt and chilli,mussells in black bean sauce,singapore rice noodles,prawn crackers.

Spanish....Chu and cho,my favorite breakfast.
Ensalada Shopska,chorizo al vinto toro,patatas bravas,banderillas,tortilla francesa,au-ou.
0 Replies

LuckyLad

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 03:01 pm
Smoked brisket. Take a packer brisket (about 12#'s) rub with chili pwdr, k. salt, garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, red pepper, black pepper, paprika. Warm the smoker to 225* and smoke with hickory, pecan, &/or apple wood till internal temp of the flat is 190-195*. Wrap in foil and let rest for 1 hr or more. Slice against the grain. Serve as is or with au jus sauce. Fantastic!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 03:25 pm
Quote:
English....Roast shoulder of lamb,roast potatoes,peas,sweetcorn,gravy and mint sauce.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

For me it has to be Barg (lamb fillet), with a sprinkling of sumac, buttered basmati rice with saffron and salad Shirazi. It is the Iranian national dish and quite delicious! :wink:
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 05:46 am
Iranian Dishes and Moroccan have really nice influence on Indian cusine.

I like their Non-Veg DHANSAAG & lamb rice.
0 Replies

luvr29

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 06:47 pm
Favorite: Pot Roast
Roast beef or pork makes a great main dish for any meal. While there are hundreds of recipes that call for various flavorings and preparation ideas, here are some tips that might help your roast taste even more delicious, no matter which recipe you follow.

1. Choose a quality cut of meat. Shop at the grocery store or ask the butcher for a better cut of meat, like "prime," which will be more tender than other cuts as well as be more flavorful, generally speaking. Get enough for your family or whoever you will be cooking for, typically about a quarter pound per serving, with some folks eating more than one serving. You also may want to get enough for leftovers as stew, soup, or a casserole to save on cooking for another day.

2. Consider marinating the roast. You also can use a meat hammer to make it even more tender, or use meat tenderizer if you feel it will be needed. Many consumers prefer the natural taste of beef without the aid of any enhancers. Don't forget to rinse it well. As Mom would say, you don't know where that roast has been.

3. Brown your cut of meat. In a large skillet heat a small amount of cooking oil. Sprinkle flour on both sides of the roast and when the skillet is ready, place the roast in the pan and let it brown on one side for a few minutes. Then turn it to brown the other side. You can add sliced raw onions now, if desired, or wait to place them in the roasting pan.

4. Using non-stick cooking oil, spray the bottom of the roasting pan. Place your browned roast in it, along with any desired raw vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms, carrots, or potatoes. Season everything with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and whatever else you wish, to suit your taste. Add water to the pan to fill it about half the width of the roast, making sure the vegetables are semi-submerged.

5. Place the lid on your roaster and slide the pan into the oven at about 350 degrees or so. Check cooking instructions in the recipe you are following to be sure the meat cooks evenly to the prescribed temperature, and reaches the desired temperature inside. You can turn down the oven to 325 or so, letting it cook longer, for a slow-cooked flavor. Just be careful not to dry it out.

6. If you plan to make gravy or add a sauce, wait until the roast is nearly done. Then add cream of mushroom soup. Or you may wish to add tomatoes and peppers. Take the "drippings" from your roaster and make gravy separately on top of the stove, adding milk, flour, and butter, or following a favorite recipe.

When the roast is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool a few minutes before slicing. But don't let it grow cold! Serve hot, ladled with gravy if desired. Scoop cooked veggies into a serving dish with drippings for extra flavor. Store leftovers for tomorrow!

For more wonderful recipes:
EDIT: MODERATOR: DO NOT POST YOUR LINKS HERE
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 07:00 pm
frito pie
0 Replies