Inflatable swimming pools....

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:57 pm
Ooooh! Laughing

The pool sounds ab fab! Looking forward to underwater pics. We've been at the pool a ton ourselves with this hot weather, anything's bearable if there's water nearby....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 09:24 pm
Quote:
I had not at all considered the level ground thing - assuming that the pool took the form of whatever ground it was placed upon. A bit of leveling would save some serious headache. Thanks for the heads up.

Ohh yeah...we took the tractor and leveled up the spot where ours sat for three years.

Yep..three years.....lol, left water in it year round, drained it when necessary, till one cold winters day when the boys thought they would be cute and "accidentally" shot it with a arrow.....RIP~~~~~~~and there it went...lol I could have cried, it was either 14' or 16' in diameter..3 1/2 foot deep, I just loved the thing.....

Sounds like Mo is enjoy his full tilt.........I'm envious...lol Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 08:22 am
Swimpy wrote:
Up until the day they marry one. :wink:

<snork>

Ain't it the truth.

I have had to demonstrate the lid to the clothes hamper so many times that it is just plain silly. Finally I just proped the damn thing open. Now the clothes go beside the hamper instead of on top of the hamper.

I'm hoping this thing will last a few years (note to self: no backyard archery). Ours if 15 feet around and three feet deep - the biggest one I could find.

Mo got up this morning and put on his swimsuit right away. He's ready to go get in.

He even dreamed about swimming last night judging by his nocturnal chattering about life jackets.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 01:35 pm
Gosh, that sounds like so much fun!! Will you be having a pool party for the a2k gang soon? Aww, c'mon, pleeez?? We wanna play too!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 04:58 pm
It has been overcast all day so my underwater shots turned out really murky.

Of course, overcast is perfect for land photos and I thought this one turned out cool.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/swim7.jpg
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 10:04 pm
Cool Photo Boom....cute kid! Love the editing work on the photo also!
0 Replies

countrybelle

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 11:39 am
Inflatable pool problem.
We bought an inflatable pool 2 years ago and because our yard is so lopsided we can't put it up. Short of destroying my yard, I don't know what to do. Does anyone know if there is a place to get a portable deck or maybe a frame for these pools? Please let me know. Thanks for your help. Crying or Very sad Sad
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 03:16 pm
I really don't have any idea if it would work with one of these soft sided pools but I had some friends that had a hard sided above ground pool and a very sloped yard.

They dug into the hillside enough to make a level spot big enough for the pool then built a deck that surrounded the pool. It's had to explain but the deck started at ground level at the dug out end and then was raised at the opposite end. It was really pretty cool as it ended up looking like an in-ground pool.

I don't think you'd want to put one of these on top of any type of deck as they're pretty heavy and they would require a tremendous support structure.

The only other thing I can think of would be to build like a big sandbox to put it on. Next year when I put this one up again I'm going to dig out a little area and put sand underneath it. You can feel every tiny rock, pebble or yard dent through the bottom.

Sorry I'm not any more help.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

countrybelle

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:23 am
Inflatable Swimming pools
Thank you for getting back to me. Atleast you did provide one suggestion. I will have to put some thought into that sandbox idea. If I do make some kind of discovery I will certainly pass it on. Thanks for the warm welcome to A2K. This looks like a very active and fun bunch. I may not be posting much but I will try to from time to time. Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 09:26 am
When I was a kid, we had an above ground pool - I know we had sand that was put underneath before installing the pool - this definately helped to keep it even and prevent that stones on feet stuff. However, our yard was not that sloped.
0 Replies