This might be old news to some of you, but....

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 09:58 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Sweden's doom is now irreversible!
Aw come on. A draw in their first game aint bad. One or two arguments in the camp...thats hardly news. Every chance Sweden will progress to the knockout stages and then who knows...they can play soccer you know! Could be Sveirge on the Verge..

True and our (English) coach is a Swede himself.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:09 am
Blacksmith, I once DID hear "tolerant" used as a pejorative. A black man said in the middle of the Civil Rights movement:
"Respect me or despise me but for God's aake don't TOERATE me."
How understandable.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:12 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Sweden's doom is now irreversible!
Aw come on. A draw in their first game aint bad. One or two arguments in the camp...thats hardly news. Every chance Sweden will progress to the knockout stages and then who knows...they can play soccer you know! Could be Sveirge on the Verge..

True and our (English) coach is a Swede himself.
NO!!! So we are damned by association (football). Oh well Steve McLaren is is is he must be Scots descent...excuse me whilst I jump out of the window
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:24 am
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Has anyone followed up some of the links to "Other Websites" on the left of the page? Here's a selection of where you can end up from "God Hates Sweden"
-------------------
WARNING!!!

To God's Elect: Leave Sweden NOW!!!

I like when they call the people feces eaters....(good lord)

and says of the Swedish Royal family....the men look like fags and the women look like sluts...

wow.

nice mouth,

you eat with that mouth?

you kiss your mother with that mouth?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 10:26 am
Clearly, they missed the passage from the New Testament where it says "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Among others...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 11:23 am
It's their own brand of misanthropy and if Jesus did return to Earth, they'd better hightail it to some distant island. Or, better yet, build a spaceship and leave the Earth. You know their ravings are designed for their own salvation. Good luck on that one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 01:46 pm
They say they are a Baptist Church, but are going to picket the Southern Baptist Conference...I wonder what the SB's official stance on them is.

You know what the worst part of that site is?

The area about (I can't think of their names, sorry) the boy who got killed by 2 guys, left for dead tied to a fence, and the woman in San Francisco who got mauled to death by two dogs.

The "memorials" for them.

Can you imagine being their parents and know that is there? Of course you don't have to look at it, but you know it's there.

These people use some kind of logic that by telling others their loved ones are in hell is a positive thing. Not for others, but for themselves. Somehow they're earning points with God that way. They have no feeling whatsoever for the anguish of parents and other family and friends.

Honestly, I'm astonished no one has tried to take any of them out.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:53 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Then we'd probably be no better than them. Can you imagine that? Being no better than them?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:59 pm
I can't imagine going to their funerals with big signs saying how glad we are that they're roasting in hell.

I think the thing I find most repugnant is the sheer joy these bozos seem to be getting out of tormenting others. Especially others who are already stricken and in pain. It's just inhuman.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:19 pm
The mind boggles.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:24 pm
I just found a link to a video where a Fox News newsreader/reporter/journalikst practically spent 5 minutes arguing with a member of the Phelps family. Though I really loved her for her stance and the way she practically tore the Phelps woman a new one, Phelps-Roper's words were so sickening I couldn't stand to watch the rest of it.

http://filecabi.net/video/foxisback.html
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:28 pm
When I first encountered this site a few years ago..I was sure it was a spoof.

I read a few of the PDFs, looked at some of the 'protest' pictures with the crazy hateful slogans, and became even more sure this was a joke site.

Then I found some of Rev Phelps taped sermons(Phelps sounds a lot like gwbs (even more) retarded cousin.)..and it dawned on me that people really CAN be that stupid. They really BELIEVE these things.
Who are these people?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:43 pm
No idea, but Fred Phelps seemed to go nuts ever since he accepted religion, according to what I've read about him.

Fred's sister said this of him, "Fred, bless his heart, just went overboard. If you didn't accept it, he was going to cram it down your throat."

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually forced his children to think the way he thought under threat of beatings.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:45 pm
Phelps began life as a lawyer, although i believe that he was prosecuted for practicing law without having passed the bar. He has been prosecuted for various forms of fraud before going into the religion business. He certainly has struck a vein of hatred to exploit. I once tracked down a bio on him, i'll go see if i can find it again.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:47 pm
Yeah, the Wikipedia one seems rather biased. Most of the references come from the same source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:49 pm
Well, i may have recalled that incorrectly, or the source i originally read may have had false information--however, what i'm reading now is stranger still:

Wikipedia's article on Phelps

(EDIT: Actually, as i read on, i found that he did attempt a career in the law at one point.)
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 03:50 pm
Setanta wrote:
Well, i may have recalled that incorrectly, or the source i originally read may have had false information--however, what i'm reading now is stranger still:

Wikipedia's article on Phelps

Yup. That's the one I quoted.

Even stranger still is this letter he sent to Saddam Hussein...

Fred Phelps wrote:
We understand that Iraq is the only Muslim state that allows the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to be freely and openly preached on the streets without fear of arrest and prosecution. Alas, the United States no longer allows the Gospel to be freely and openly preached on the streets, because militant sodomites now control our government, and they violently object to the Bible message...The same majoritarian sodomite tyranny that now guides the Clinton administration's repressive policies toward Gospel preaching on America's streets, is apparently responsible -- at least in part -- for the merciless slaughter by starvation of 400 innocent Iraqi babies each day in your country. If our government and laws will allow it, and at the invitation of your government, we would like to send a delegation from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, to preach the Gospel on the streets of Baghdad for one week in the near future.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 06:25 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Then we'd probably be no better than them. Can you imagine that? Being no better than them?

I mean in the heat of the moment, having them picketing your child or husband, I couldn't stop myself from attacking them physcially, and I'm not a violent person.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 06:30 pm
From the site:

For years, WBC has warned that Canada is a homo-fascist state where the filthy fag agenda has become the law of the land. WBC members have been arrested at Ottawa's International Airport upon entering Canada to picket Parliament and burn the Canadian flag. In Albert, WBC members were ordered by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police not to carry "God Hates Fags" signs on pain of arrest and prosecution. When WBC members did in fact actually burn the Canadian flag in religious protest to Canada's approval of same-sex marriage, the so-called Christians of Canada were the loudest in denouncing WBC and "widely reviling" her Gospel message.

There is no hope for Canada. God hates Canada!

Hoorah!! Hoorah!!
Damn right - arrest the bastards. That's plain wrong that they are allowed to get away with this ****.

Yes, when I first saw it I was convinced it was a joke.
Then I thought....c'mon.....it's Kansas! :wink: Smile
(hey, ya know I love all you sane folks from Kansas)

I wonder if I can track down a bio of Phelps (crazy broad in video).
She reminds me of (pardon me) women brought up under repressive religious upbringing and quite can't find the tits to rebel. They know they are angry: but they don't have the guts to look at why they actually are.

Very sad. Still, they need their asses kicked and locked in a cell for a while with some of the ones they figure god is hatin' on.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 06:38 pm
Hey, I just realized something....I have brought together Chistian, Agnostic, Athesist, Satanist and sundry others all together in a common opinion!

We are all agreeing about this group and their ignorance and all around stupidity and hatefullness.

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

now, back to our regularly scheduled program....
0 Replies