THE ATLANTA BRAVES

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:03 pm
Changes...changes...maybe we ought to convert to a young team and look to the future.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 03:59 pm
I am enjoying the force of rookies this year. I think Pete once commented that he was told a team was coming up in the minors which is better than the 90's Braves.

My wife told me about an ESPN announcer who said he was tire of Bobby Cox's name being batted around for MANAGER OF THE YEAR.
Bobby makes it look almost easy, but can you imagine having your team a conference winner for 13 straight seasons (possibly 14)?

One reason I follow professional baseball is their attention to teaching. You don't make it to the Big Team until you've earned it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:42 pm
too bad hotlanta's not a rabid baseball town (like say bahstin).
they've had trouble selling out their home playoff games for a while now, haven't they?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:58 am
You may be right...do I know you by another A2K name?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:24 am
nope, this has always been my username...
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:37 pm
Hi, I hope I'm asking this in the right place. I'm going to be in Richmond for the week and I'm hoping to catch a Richmond Braves game. Does anyone know of any good prospects I should be looking for if I go see a game? Thanks! Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 09:43 pm
Opera..., check out the recent issues of the Atlanta Constitution...there's section on recent activity in the minors...lots of movement between teams...talented players are noted.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 09:46 pm
Thanks, I didn't even know about that! Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:40 am
what's wrong with this picture?

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/967/nleast5lr.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6514/nlwest5uy.jpg

seems like they oughtta re-shuffle the divisions.

they could take all the Marlins & Nationals players, and put them in Giants & Rockies uniforms (and vice-versa)...
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
RP,
It hasn't always been this way; though, it appears we may have competition until the last week Smile
I don't see that as bad; it might even help the Braves stay sharp. Of course, that assumes we put together a pitching staff/team by the end of September.
0 Replies