C is For Cookie. That's good enough for me.

Swimpy

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 06:53 pm
I like cookies. Let's post some recipes. Ok...you go first.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,550 • Replies: 16
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:12 pm
http://www.biosci.ki.se/users/caballe/cookiemonster.jpg

me want cookie
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:36 pm
Fine! I'll go first then. This recipe is old. It was my mother's and probabley her mother's, too.

Snickerdoodles

2 3/4 cups flour
1tsp. soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup butter (room tem)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs

Sift dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugar well. Ad deggs one at a time, beating well after each. Fold in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with cinamon sugar. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.

MMMM...cookies.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:54 pm
My daughter clipped this recipe out of "Flavours" magazine, which is available through our local liquor marts, hence the Kahlua liqueur. I thought they'd be too rich/sweet, but she wanted to make them. I was wrong. They are wonderful!

Chocolate Kahlua & Pecan Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips

Combine butter and sugar and cream at high speed. Add eggs and Kahlua and beat until smooth. In another bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa, then add to the butter mixture, mixing to incorporate. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop about a tablespoon of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:02 pm
Whoops, bake at 375 degrees!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:03 pm
How much Kahlua, Mckenzie? The cookies sound great. Coffee and chocolate are made for each other.

Hey dj, where's your recipe?
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:08 pm
These peanut butter cookies are from the Laura Secord Canadian Cookbook, published in 1966. They are highly addictive ...

"The world's best peanut butter cookies"

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter

Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Cream butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in brown sugar and peanut butter and continue beating until smooth. Beat in egg. Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing until a stiff dough forms. Shape dough into small balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Press with a floured fork to flatten. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:10 pm
Good grief, swimpy, I'm sorry, I forgot the most important ingredient! I shouldn't be sitting in the dark, reading a recipe by the light of the computer monitor, hm? On goes the light!

1/4 cup of Kahlua.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 07:36 am
I figured as much. I'm going to have to try that recipe.

I have a peanut butter cookie recipe, too. It's and icebox cookie, very old-fashioned. Here goes:

2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup shortening (I use all butter)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients. Cream shortening and peanut butter. Add sugar gradually then eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add dry ingredients, mixing lightly.shape into long rolls, wrap in wax paper and chill for at least one hour. Slice and bake at 375F for 12 minutes. Makes 5 doz. The unbaked rolls freeze very well.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 01:26 pm
me LOVE cookie monster!!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 01:30 pm
That's good to know, Dorothy, or do you prefer Dot? It's nice to meet you.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 01:31 pm
Preheat your car engine if it's cold out.
Add your keys, drivers license, and money, and put all in car.
Drive to store, buy cookies, maybe milk.
Return home and enjoy.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 01:36 pm
Seriously though, I'm always interesting in new recipes. I wish I had a cookie recipe to share, but I don't. Keep 'em coming, though. You can never have too many desert recipes.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 05:17 pm
I hope some more people post. I already posted my best cookie recipes. Anyway, thanks for stopping in, Tin Sword Arthur.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 05:20 pm
Thanks for starting the thread. I'm hoping to see some more posts in here myself. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as "too many cookies".
My doctor might disagree, but who's counting?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:41 am
c is for cookie
(cant figure out how to do that quote thing)

Hi Swimpy, good to meet u too.

No, please call me Dorothy, Dot reminds me of that old bird from Eastenders.

No, seriously i really do love Cookie Monster. Dont know if it's the googly eyes or the blue furry baggy body or the voice but he always cheers me up.

x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 08:55 am
Here's a biscotti recipe from epicurious.com -

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/231901

LEMON-WALNUT BISCOTTI

These sweet-crisp cookies can be baked days ahead and, because the recipe is so generous, you can send your guests home with some.

3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups chopped walnuts
1 large egg, beaten to blend (for glaze)
Raw sugar*

Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter, 1 1/3 cups sugar, and lemon peel in large bowl until blended. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just to blend after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, then flour mixture. Stir in walnuts.
Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Place each piece on sheet of plastic wrap. Using plastic wrap as aid, form dough into 8-inch-long logs. Press logs slightly, flattening to 2 1/2-inch-wide logs. Enclose in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 3 hours and up to 3 days.
Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Line heavy large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap logs, leaving on plastic. Brush top of logs with egg glaze. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Lift logs from plastic and transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake until golden brown and just firm to touch, about 50 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
Line 2 heavy rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Using long serrated knife, carefully cut logs crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut side down, on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until golden brown around edges, about 20 minutes. Cool completely (biscotti will crisp as they cool). (Can be made 3 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
*Also called turbinado or demerara sugar; available at most supermarkets and natural foods stores.

Makes about 5 dozen.
0 Replies