if jesus died for us.....?

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 10:02 pm
if the bible is true, then how could one supposedly perfect man cure all the sins by dieing? hes god right, couldn't he just blink them all away?why would he do this, it doesn't make any sense?

ps i was a christian so i know the whole story i just want to find out why this is supposed to work
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,038 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 10:13 pm
Sure God could just blink everything away. He certainly has the power and capability of doing that. But, it's about free will and the choices we make.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 10:18 pm
Re: if jesus died for us.....?
EpiNirvana wrote:
if the bible is true, then how could one supposedly perfect man cure all the sins by dieing? hes god right, couldn't he just blink them all away?why would he do this, it doesn't make any sense?

ps i was a christian so i know the whole story i just want to find out why this is supposed to work

Since you were in the fold, I don't see why you need it explained to you? You know (I assumed) already that it's based on your beliefs, which, as an ex-christian I can only assume at once time flowed w/ those in the Bible.

However....If you believe that the payment/wages of sin is death, that alone explains (according to the Bible and your beliefs if you're Christian) why it works.

SINCE the wages of sin are death, SOMEONE has to die for the sin. Jesus, whom I believe in whole heartedly as the messiah and my savior, has done this - so I believe. It works because since HE died for all of our sins (in my belief) I do not have to die as a result of sinning. I will die, eventually, because we all will, but it won't be simply because I sinned.

I like to think of it as my very own personal AmEx for my Soul, only there's no balance, he paid it already.

and ditto what Momma Angel said.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 10:27 pm
Jesus's death and then resurrection took care of two problems

1. Our Sin
2. That fact that our sin would eternally seperate us from God in the Lake of Fire.

Now in the bible it does say that the wages of sin is death.
Well there are two deaths.
One is death of the spirit (being eternally seperated from God in the Lake of Fire.)
The other death is physical

You will pay the physical death.
The bible says
It is appointed once for man to die but after this the Judgement.

What you want to be sure of is that when you die your stand blameless before God without spot.

The only way to do this is to accept the death of Christ as your scapegoat. Which was freely done, and freely may you recieve if you just believe.

Have fun.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:44 am
I have a few questions regarding the Christian belief of Jesus's "death and resurrection". Here is the first one:

What happens to people who died before Jesus (peace be upon him) came? Since they did not know of Jesus (peace be upon him), will they go to hell?

Thank you in advance for an answer.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 03:48 am
Did they know of hell before Jesus?Is there a hell without a heaven?Is there a Devil without God?

If people wernt on this planet would God still exist?

We invented Gods.We invented religion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 07:26 am
I'm bookmarking to learn the answer to muslim1's question....
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:01 am
i get the whole story about him dieing and b/c he died our sin is forgiven, but why is this supposed to work, it sounds alot like greek mytholgy to me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:04 am
Scott777ab wrote:

The only way to do this is to accept the death of Christ as your scapegoat. Which was freely done, and freely may you recieve if you just believe.

That seems a little mean and selfish, don't you think?

And it was NOT freely done. Jesus questioned God about having to suffer and die. He didn't have a choice. He was commanded by God.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:05 am
What was our sin again?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 08:10 am
material girl wrote:
What was our sin again?

Being born.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God and so he literally put a curse on all man. We call it Original Sin.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:10 am
that seams a little unfair! just becuase your parents robbed banks you shouldnt go to jail for it. It seems like christian god has some wierd law that he hasnt told us aout with all these secret rules.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:23 am
Bella Dea wrote:
material girl wrote:
What was our sin again?

Being born.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God and so he literally put a curse on all man. We call it Original Sin.

Christianity considers that human beings are sinners because Adam and Eve made an original sin.
On the other hand, Islam teaches that human beings are born pure and sinless. No one is responsible for or can take the responsibility of the sins of others.

I agree with EpiNirvana. I think it is unjust and unfair to ascribe or impute a sin to people who never made it.
Islam clearly states that no one is accountable of the sins of the others: "No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another. " [Glorious Qur'an 39:7]
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:26 am
Bella Dea wrote:
material girl wrote:
What was our sin again?

Being born.

They couldnt help it, they had no parents!!!

This sin, is it the eating the apple from the true story?
Is it that fact that the apple was eaten or that he was disobeyed?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:27 am
If the whole story of Adam and Eve was a metaphor, as is now being postulated, wouldn't that negate the entire need for a son of god to die for us all? Where does the blame for so-called "original sin" fall then?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:27 am
It's been said that the story is just a story but who knows.

I have a hard time believing that a baby who dies after birth doesn't go straight to heaven because they already have original sin.

I think that original sin was the churches way of explaining mans evils.

Adam and Eve were told not to touch that tree and they did so they disobeyed by eating the fruit.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:29 am
EpiNirvana wrote:

Jesus, being perfect, was the only one who could provide a corresponding ransom (sacrifice) to atone for the sin of the perfect man Adam. (1Timothy 2:6)
muslim1 wrote:
I have a few questions regarding the Christian belief of Jesus's "death and resurrection". Here is the first one:

What happens to people who died before Jesus (peace be upon him) came? Since they did not know of Jesus (peace be upon him), will they go to hell?

Thank you in advance for an answer.
All who have died without knowing the truth about God will be entitled to a resurrection during which they will have the opportunity to be taught and judged according to their subsequent deeds. (John 5:28)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:32 am
How was Jesus perfect?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:39 am
For the record, 1Timothy 2:5 and 6
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

and John 5:28 and 29
28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

in case anyone was wondering.
I find it interesting that Jesus Christ is referred to as a mediator and a man, and not the son of god, but that's just me.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 09:40 am
material girl wrote:
How was Jesus perfect?
If you believe the bible, I meant to say. . .
0 Replies